mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
Yep, they are drawing a line in the sand....good for them. I just don't even know the possible ramifications of trading him. Who knows if the team he went to would be in a city that may well enact the same restrictions some day.

My honest opinion is he eventually gets vaccinated....too much money to give up. I'd actually have more respect for him than I do now if he held his ground and retired.
Philadelphia is not insanely far from his house so he may decide to go there for Ben Simmons. However, he'll get paid for road games so he may take this year off if he chooses or he might miss basketball so much that he'll either:

1. Get the jab
2. Accept a trade w/o threatening to retire.

Ben Simmons on the Nets would be intriguing as they'll have enough shooters around him to make it work.
Yeah that actually makes a lot of sense. Not sure if the Sixers want to trade for a bigger headache though and word is they want Simmons to play because they think they can flip him for Lillard around the trade deadline.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 01:55 PM   #24
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

I mean kyrie has every right to refuse a vaccine.

The nets have every right to adjust their roster and business based on the city mandates and guidelines. Even if they accommodate him, come playoff time, if it was a Golden State or LA vs Brooklyn for the finals, he would not play a single NBA finals game.

The nets are obligated to do something here to prevent that nightmare scenario.
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9665.50
Mosaud19983890.00
      10-12-2021, 02:21 PM   #25
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

While we're on the topic of vaccines, does anyone else think it's strange that Ben Simmons arrived in Philadelphia and just received his first shot?
      10-12-2021, 02:30 PM   #26
Gregrobin
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Ask Colin Kaepernick how it all worked out for him...
      10-12-2021, 03:01 PM   #27
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
His choice, otherwise I could careless, I just know he's a basketball player and the league has rules so you abide and get payed or if you don't you sit home hoping your endorsements pay the bills.
Appreciate 2
      10-12-2021, 03:20 PM   #28
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
I mean kyrie has every right to refuse a vaccine.

The nets have every right to adjust their roster and business based on the city mandates and guidelines. Even if they accommodate him, come playoff time, if it was a Golden State or LA vs Brooklyn for the finals, he would not play a single NBA finals game.

The nets are obligated to do something here to prevent that nightmare scenario.
Nets did already. Announced Kyrie will not practice, play or anything until he meets league requirements.
Appreciate 2
      10-14-2021, 01:18 AM   #29
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Kyrie responded saying he understands the ramifications and all that. Look, you want to find yourself, not pro/not against the jab, doesn’t matter. Just retire and start your new life and don’t let your teammates wonder if you’ll ever come back.

Last edited by F30lolz; 10-14-2021 at 09:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 08:15 AM   #30
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

"How dare he quit on his team and stand up for what he believes in!"

"Kudos to them for standing up against police brutality and boycotting their game! They're true heroes!"

Fawking hypocrites you all are. Unbelievable. Hahahaha
      10-14-2021, 08:38 AM   #31
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

He should at least be truthful about the reason behind his stance. Representing the voiceless? What a load of shit. Furthermore, he's effing over his teammates. I don't feel sorry for the Nets one bit, but just come straight with the reasoning for not getting a jab.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #32
CitizenX
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
He should at least be truthful about the reason behind his stance. Representing the voiceless? What a load of shit. Furthermore, he's effing over his teammates. I don't feel sorry for the Nets one bit, but just come straight with the reasoning for not getting a jab.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 09:43 AM   #33
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
"How dare he quit on his team and stand up for what he believes in!"

"Kudos to them for standing up against police brutality and boycotting their game! They're true heroes!"

Fawking hypocrites you all are. Unbelievable. Hahahaha
That’s all fine and dandy, however, he still wants to be paid. If you owned a business, would you pay that employee what Kyrie is pulling?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 09:59 AM   #34
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
That’s all fine and dandy, however, he still wants to be paid. If you owned a business, would you pay that employee what Kyrie is pulling?
If I owned a business, which I do, I wouldn't force my employees to make a decision on their health. It goes against just about everything I believe in, so I unfortunately can't answer the question you're asking
      10-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #35
CitizenX
Banned
Rep

The level of idiocy in this thread is incredible. Now watch as I induce a extreme level of cognitive dissonance into you vaccine mandate DRONES with a few simple pictures.

FOUR TIMES OUR POPULATION

ONE THIRD OUR LAND MASS

ONE QUARTER THE VACCINATION RATE

ONE QUARTER THE COVID CASES

Do the Math and wake the hell up.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
EnVe461037.50
      10-14-2021, 10:24 AM   #36
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CitizenX View Post
The level of idiocy in this thread is incredible. Now watch as I induce a extreme level of cognitive dissonance into you vaccine mandate DRONES with a few simple pictures.

ONE THIRD OUR LAND MASS

Careful. You're making tooooo much sene
      10-14-2021, 10:35 AM   #37
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Do me a favor and not turn this into another damn vaccine thread per se. We've already had enough of that so I'd like to stick to the main subject which is Kyrie Irving and the Nets, not statistical charts, etc.

If you want to debate the merits of getting vaccinated or not, I'm sure there are some others that would enjoy starting another thread. It would likely get locked or deleted like most of the others but.....
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 10:42 AM   #38
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
They can stick with their convictions, but employers have every right to fine or fire them. Kyrie will be just fine financially, but I hope he feels the pain from his actions.
Why would you hope he feels the pain? He’s losing 15M dollars by sticking with his convictions but somehow you need more satisfaction? People have indeed lost their minds.

My friend posted on her IG story the other day how “southwest pilots are beyond entitled” bc they think they can make their own choice on getting the vaccine bht her flight being delayed is just unacceptable.

My body, my choice, right?
Appreciate 1
EnVe461037.50
      10-14-2021, 10:57 AM   #39
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

The Nets had a max deal of over $180M on the table and they will pull it once the season starts. If he isn't eligible to play all their games they will pull the offer and likely move on without him.
      10-14-2021, 11:03 AM   #40
CitizenX
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Do me a favor and not turn this into another damn vaccine thread per se. We've already had enough of that so I'd like to stick to the main subject which is Kyrie Irving and the Nets, not statistical charts, etc.

If you want to debate the merits of getting vaccinated or not, I'm sure there are some others that would enjoy starting another thread. It would likely get locked or deleted like most of the others but.....
So you start a thread about a player standing up to the vaccine mandate, insulting him as a bonehead in the very first sentence but ask us not to talk about the mandate? I am sorry I hurt your brain with cold hard facts but no this is NOT about the vaccine, this is about the MANDATE. I have no problem with the vaccine, it is ONE answer to COVID. As the data I just posted clearly shows, it is not the only answer and thus making the MANDATE completely invalid.

But you go right on and dig in, bury your head deeper in the sand, do what you need to do to realize this entire fiasco with Kyrie would have never happened if people like you, took a little time to look at the data that is hidden in plain site. Then this mandate would have never been accepted, and this thread would not have existed.

When I meet people like you, I have to admit, the dark side of me understands why the elite do what they do. Perhaps all of this is slowly turning me into a misanthrope just as the elites are, realizing that the vast majority of humans are not independent intelligent souls but rather mindless sheep that must be corralled, controlled, and harvested like any resource.
Appreciate 5
      10-14-2021, 11:06 AM   #41
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:

So you made a post about an athlete/employee refusing to take a vaccine and then you don't want anymore to talk about the vaccine?

Christ.

The reality is, mandates of any kind are ridiculous. You can't argue for one individual right of their body their choice for one topic and force vaccines on another topic. It's beyond infuriating to constantly see this hypocrisy thrown in our faces. I respect Kyrie, SW pilots, and anyone else who stands up to this nonsense and over stepping government.
      10-14-2021, 11:10 AM   #42
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Kyrie isn't the fiasco, NY is.
Appreciate 4
      10-14-2021, 11:32 AM   #43
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If I owned a business, which I do, I wouldn't force my employees to make a decision on their health. It goes against just about everything I believe in, so I unfortunately can't answer the question you're asking
I seriously doubt you would pay said employee. And thats OK.

Quote:

ONE THIRD OUR LAND MASS

So……what are your thoughts on Kyrie? Should the Nets trade him since they’ve taken the extension off the table?

Quote:

Best thing for Kyrie to come back to flat Earth is for the Nets to start off hot as he’ll realized they’re doing great without him. That’ll make him get the jab and return.

BTW, how about my loser Knickerbockers staying under the radar and looking good so far this preseason. They’re my only hope in NY sports.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 11:52 AM   #44
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I seriously doubt you would pay said employee. And thats OK.

Quote:

ONE THIRD OUR LAND MASS

So……what are your thoughts on Kyrie? Should the Nets trade him since they've taken the extension off the table?

Quote:

Best thing for Kyrie to come back to flat Earth is for the Nets to start off hot as he'll realized they're doing great without him. That'll make him get the jab and return.

BTW, how about my loser Knickerbockers staying under the radar and looking good so far this preseason. They're my only hope in NY sports.
I wouldn't have to worry about not paying an employee for not injecting themselves with a vaccine, I wouldn't ask them to. So your question can't be answered, not sure why you're implying my stance when it's a moot point

To answer what Nets should do, they should ask themselves what's the best decision for the team? If that's without him, move on.

For Kyrie, he should do whatever he feels is necessary and matches his personal beliefs, flat earth and all. It's his right to choose.
Closed Thread