BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

10-12-2021, 06:12 PM   #287
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Latest news on the Merc unusual turn of speed points to a change to the intercooler and if it's allowed will be a worry for all the other teams at Austin.

https://grandpx.news/other-teams-als...ication-clicks
October 4 !

All the other teams should refuse to start at the US-GP !!!
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      10-12-2021, 06:18 PM   #288
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

The Mercedes dirty tricks are legal !!! The FIA is a fraud worshipper !!!
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      10-12-2021, 06:30 PM   #289
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58897.50
      10-12-2021, 07:45 PM   #290
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

when Merc' squeezes more performance its cheating.. when Red Bull does its innovation.. this is getting old..

Merc' is a more than 100 year old automobile company.. Red Bull is a energy drink company..

a little history stat.. Red Bull wasnt even an idea yet when Merc' made its first turbo engine car.. Honda's first turbo car is 4-5 years (decades) later than Merc's first.. Honda sold its his first turbo car in US 15 (!) years ago only.. is that hard to see how? seems so for anyone closes their eyes..

-----

and here is the speed trap data from qualifying from the weekend..

even on half of the sectors Lewis is slower than Red Bull cars.. and none on top.. where is that 20kmh faster than everybody Mercs?

being delusional and being creative are different things.. being rational is way past of course..
Attached Images

minn1913970.00
MKSixer34171.50
Bongoxxx804.00
      10-12-2021, 09:01 PM   #291
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
when Merc' squeezes more performance its cheating.. when Red Bull does its innovation.. this is getting old..

Merc' is a more than 100 year old automobile company.. Red Bull is a energy drink company..

a little history stat.. Red Bull wasnt even an idea yet when Merc' made its first turbo engine car.. Honda's first turbo car is 4-5 years (decades) later than Merc's first.. Honda sold its his first turbo car in US 15 (!) years ago only.. is that hard to see how? seems so for anyone closes their eyes..

-----

even on half of the sectors Lewis is slower than Red Bull cars.. and none on top.. where is that 20kmh faster than everybody Mercs?

being delusional and being creative are different things.. being rational is way past of course..
Your post and data is useless ...

•Firstly

It shows a speedtrap during the QF .
How was the weather and track during the QF ?
Yeah ...It was wet !

•Secondly

Merc's 20 km/h faster on the straights is been measured via GPS-Data .
The GPS-Data regarding speed is the average speed over the length of a straight line .
The length of the straight (distance) divided by the traveled time will give you the avarage speed over the length .

•Let me help you mate .A simple example :

Divide the total distance by the total time in 0.1 seconds , seconds or hours. For example: you drive 100 km in 1 hour 30 minutes: The total time in seconds is (1 x 3600) + (30 x 60) = 3600 + 1800 = 5400 seconds. So the speed in meters/second is 100000 / 5400= 18.52 m/s.
As you can see ...That gives a number mate . And the Merc's average number is at least 15/20 km/h higher .

•Conclusion

I'm pretty sure , as you say the energy drink company (F1-Red Bull) is one of the most advanced teams in the F1 field .
And I don't think that we MAX fans are retarded .

But I also agree with something as you say : Merc' is a more than 100 year old automobile company .
That's for sure mate ! Mercedes was a big part of the WWII German BlitzKrieg !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58897.50
      10-12-2021, 09:22 PM   #292
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

From a complete layman's perspective, this is what I'm going with:

If a 7 times World Champion who is driving the car tells me he wants to stay out....

I'm going to let him stay out.

Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      10-12-2021, 10:23 PM   #293
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

Quote:
Just to re-cap if it's just intercooler upgrade and strat adjust then shouldn't be rocket science to up the tempo for any PU.
The upgraded intercooler likely incorporates upgraded piping and coolant lines which must fit in an already cramped space. Also, location will need to be optimized to avoid unnecessary drag while providing sufficient cooling (balancing act).

I’m curious whether running a beta unit allows Merc to run the PU exclusively and not offer similar spec to customer teams. All PU Maps remain identical, so MERCs achieve better performance and lower temps than customer teams despite running identical boost maps. If so, it’s a brillant move on their part.

Quote:

Speed trap figures and top speed won’t tell the full story here, it’s the midrange acceleration improvement which is generally not extrapolated from the speed traps that are located near braking zones. A high downforce package impacts top speed (terminal velocity) much more than acceleration.

I posted speed deltas from the gps data from fastest qualifying laps in this thread a few pages back.

Last edited by Bubbles; 10-12-2021 at 10:29 PM..
Appreciate 3
      10-12-2021, 11:25 PM   #294
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Didn't know he had a biking accident, thought he was just taking time off.
I know he had a huge 180mph crash at Le Mans some years back but escaped injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
He was 4 months out . Several surgeries were required....
https://racingnews365.com/marko-expl...-several-races
      10-13-2021, 02:11 AM   #295
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
No go with RN365,won't show up
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2021, 04:15 AM   #296
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
This situation drags on in the same way since Hamilton joined Merc with distractions and the odd decision to favour RB and Ferrari and once the blm/raceasone insignias were added then it's got far worse with Merc introducing tweaks at will with the blessing of Fia when RB and Ferrari were pulled up.
Appreciate 2
      10-13-2021, 04:38 AM   #297
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The upgraded intercooler likely incorporates upgraded piping and coolant lines which must fit in an already cramped space. Also, location will need to be optimized to avoid unnecessary drag while providing sufficient cooling (balancing act).

I’m curious whether running a beta unit allows Merc to run the PU exclusively and not offer similar spec to customer teams. All PU Maps remain identical, so MERCs achieve better performance and lower temps than customer teams despite running identical boost maps. If so, it’s a brillant move on their part.

Speed trap figures and top speed won’t tell the full story here, it’s the midrange acceleration improvement which is generally not extrapolated from the speed traps that are located near braking zones. A high downforce package impacts top speed (terminal velocity) much more than acceleration.

I posted speed deltas from the gps data from fastest qualifying laps in this thread a few pages back.
They must have been working on the I/C system for quite a while especially within the tight confines that we've seen on the rare occasions when an engine cover was removed and it must work in conjunction with the plenum cooling sensor.
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2021, 05:07 AM   #298
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
The Mercedes dirty tricks are legal !!! The FIA is a fraud worshipper !!!
Even when Alonso has been brave and said Fia are selective with whom they penalise and when they promptly gave him a penalty for getting caught up in a collision with a gaggle of cars that unintentionally hit Schumacher lol
Appreciate 2
      10-13-2021, 05:20 AM   #299
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
They must have been working on the I/C system for quite a while especially within the tight confines that we've seen on the rare occasions when an engine cover was removed and it must work in conjunction with the plenum cooling sensor.
BOT's easy victory in Turkey was just a test-flight for Mercedes .

By the huge Mercedes power increase , Mercedes can run now with more wing .
That's why BOT's car looked like glued on the track . Even in the wet !
It's well known that BOT is bad on a wet track ...

Hopefully HONDA can close the power gap ASAP !
Otherwwise the 2021 WDC is already known .....

#TheFiaMercedes

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58897.50
      10-13-2021, 05:25 AM   #300
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I was reading an article about the pitlane incident from HAM vs Checo .

The title was : "Why Perez wasn't penalized" !

WTF !!!

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58897.50
      10-13-2021, 05:34 AM   #301
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

WTF !!!
I saw that too, holy sh*t I couldn't believe it...masi considered if ''Checo entering pit lane entrance'' was a penalty Oh my days! what chance have RB got with these players with the rule books.
Appreciate 2
      10-13-2021, 05:35 AM   #302
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

#TheFiaMercedes
Mercafia in full swing my friend
Appreciate 2
      10-13-2021, 06:25 AM   #303
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

WTF !!!
Here it is ''and Hamilton almost pushes Perez into the pit lane''
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...VDy4PQiki.html
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2021, 07:57 AM   #304
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

-----

Here is the really funny thing about the RBR crew here: They ignore the fact that Mercedes Benz through Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz invented the automobile. Further, they are the most innovative car company on the planet. To quote Jeremy Clarkson, "If you want to see what will be on your car in the next decade, go and look at the new S-Class whenever one is introduced." It has been their policy to NOT PATENT SAFETY INNOVATIONS because they are for the greater good.

Lastly, they are one of the most risk-averse organizations on the planet. They typically don't even introduce updates to their street cars until a minimum of 10 years of experience has been seen with the parts. Think about that for a moment.

Having spent a significant amount of time with the racing team and at the AMG factory, I singularly admire their integrity, dedication to excellence, and push for maximum performance across all parameters.

They get it right most of the time as their current stint in F1 has shown.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
Bongoxxx804.00
minn1913970.00
yco5722.50
      10-13-2021, 08:08 AM   #305
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Your post and data is useless ...

•Firstly

It shows a speedtrap during the QF .
How was the weather and track during the QF ?
Yeah ...It was wet !

•Secondly

Merc's 20 km/h faster on the straights is been measured via GPS-Data .
The GPS-Data regarding speed is the average speed over the length of a straight line .
The length of the straight (distance) divided by the traveled time will give you the avarage speed over the length .

•Let me help you mate .A simple example :

Divide the total distance by the total time in 0.1 seconds , seconds or hours. For example: you drive 100 km in 1 hour 30 minutes: The total time in seconds is (1 x 3600) + (30 x 60) = 3600 + 1800 = 5400 seconds. So the speed in meters/second is 100000 / 5400= 18.52 m/s.
As you can see ...That gives a number mate . And the Merc's average number is at least 15/20 km/h higher .

•Conclusion

I'm pretty sure , as you say the energy drink company (F1-Red Bull) is one of the most advanced teams in the F1 field .
And I don't think that we MAX fans are retarded .

But I also agree with something as you say : Merc' is a more than 100 year old automobile company .
That's for sure mate ! Mercedes was a big part of the WWII German BlitzKrieg !
Please see my post #304.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
yco5722.50
      10-13-2021, 09:07 AM   #306
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
No go with RN365,won't show up
Relevant part

Helmut Marko has explained that Adrian Newey was absent from several Grands Prix before the Turkish race due to a biking accident.

Red Bull's Chief Technical Officer returned to work at Istanbul Park after the accident earlier in the summer left him needing several operations.

Marko was pleased to have Newey back as the title battle heads into its final stages.

"We are well-positioned across the board, but Adrian is, of course, the head of inspiration," Marko told F1 Insider.

"He was back at the track here in Istanbul for the first time and could already help us again."
      10-13-2021, 09:09 AM   #307
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:

#TheFiaMercedes
Funny thing is Bottas was running lower downforce rear wing than Hammy. Allowed for higher non-drs top speed, which makes sense since he was on pole and running rabbit.

Bottas has speed but cannot defend, so put him in rocket mode out front until Hammy get there or Max breaks down.
      10-13-2021, 10:04 AM   #308
Steeler
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Built not Bought 04 Z4 VF

Quote:
Funny thing is Bottas was running lower downforce rear wing than Hammy. Allowed for higher non-drs top speed, which makes sense since he was on pole and running rabbit.

Bottas has speed but cannot defend, so put him in rocket mode out front until Hammy get there or Max CRASHES.
FTFY

My days done
Ciao bella
W2A Intercooled Vortech V3Si, custom ducting, Alpha N, 60# Bosch,2.62 pulley, multi port WMI, Severn Tuning(pokeybritches), Tial, magnaflow,SS race muffler, 42 design,3.91LSD, H&R, Hotchkis,ST coils,Konis, Megan camber arms, AKG SS, Nylon mounts, Poly bushings, Carbon interior, CF Aero.APEX
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50