BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

09-26-2021, 11:19 AM   #23
KillaKhoa
Rep
Drives: 2020 228ix GC

Quick pics with the buddies 3 series.

Thinking about tinting/smoking the rear lights and giving that look a try. The 552M wheels are starting to grow on me too, dropped PSI to 39 and made a huge difference in noise and feel. 44 PSI from dealership was a tad too stiff and noisy. Freeways were fine, but streets with manholes potholes and etc... man it was rough.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 06:58 PM   #24
ShadowFoxBiH
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i sDrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaKhoa View Post
Quick pics with the buddies 3 series.

Thinking about tinting/smoking the rear lights and giving that look a try. The 552M wheels are starting to grow on me too, dropped PSI to 39 and made a huge difference in noise and feel. 44 PSI from dealership was a tad too stiff and noisy. Freeways were fine, but streets with manholes potholes and etc... man it was rough.
Odd, I noticed that too. I had to drop the PSI to 39 as the tires were all between 42-43. By the way I have the same color... looks beautiful
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 01:57 PM   #25
Axnxav
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i

How did you remove the bumper? Also you did it without taking the tires off? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2022, 05:06 PM   #26
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228I XDrive GC

Quote:
Hi guys/gals!

This is my 228iX, I needed a new daily, and after some failed searches for a 2020 440ix GC... i came across small chonky sedan. I've always had a thing for 4drs, and it was about time I owned a some what new car with some new tech. Loving the heads ups display, digital dash, blind side, navi.... love it! My background is Hondas, my forever going on project is a K24 swapped Integra Sedan, FWD non AWD haha. 240 HP 190 TQ all motor. debating on turbo or AWD next on it. most likely turbo just like the DD.

I do admit, the 228i is not fast, but it has just about everything i wanted in daily. Definitely handles better than my integra, especially with the xDrive. I'm hoping later down the future there can be some upgrades to increase the 50% distribution to the rear. No real intent of going fast in this car, but maybe better handling, maybe snow, possible towing a small camper? I'll be damned they mate a K24 to this thing somehow, haha. Too bad the back doesn't open up like a hatch like a true GC. Really wished the US got the M135i tho,

Anyone want to trade wheels? looking for BMW 18"x8 M V-spoke Forged Wheels, Style 554M. i have 19" M Double-Spoke Bi-Color Wheels

First mod to do, find some black mesh/diamond grill.
Next would be a wireless charging retro fit, then front lip and OEM BMW wheels. then suspension, so far the KW Variant 3.0 has my eye.

IG: KillaKhoa

Beautiful car, I just picked up a 2022 228i XDrive I’m coming from a 2019 Mini Cooper S. I had a few long-term loaners this year when my mini was in for service, 330i and a M440I, of course the M440i has a fantastic drive train but it was not in my budget and this car is plenty fast enough for me. I already have a DINAN Sport module From my mini that will fit in this car, and K&N Cold air intake

I definitely recommend against getting the DINAN sport Tronic module, at least on my Mini Cooper it would be OK for a few thousand miles and then it would start throwing boost codes, and putting it into limp mode, they even sent me a warranty replacement and same thing hoping it works flawlessly on the Beamer but doubtful. Most likely gonna go for the JB plus. Look forward to watching your progress. I’m definitely gonna do the center console wrap, and wireless tray retrofit, mine came with it but was removed due to the chip shortage, as well as the digital key even though I have the NFC doorhandle hoping I can get that coded. But Ive read it’s rather difficult if not impossible🤷🏻*♂️
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 02:22 AM   #27
Steve1337
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 320xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix_The_Cigarette_Lighter View Post
Ha! Maybe. The 228i GC seems quick enough on paper but it's pretty heavy and mine can't seem to get out of it's own way in the real world. It'll eventually get there, but it sure wallows for a while.

I tried to like my 228i, but for a variety of reasons, I'm finding that increasingly difficult.

Sorry for the off-topic. The OP does have a lovely car.
Have you driven it in sport mode with the shifter in the manual position? It's sort of like a sport+ mode. It works like an auto if you don't do any manual shifting. It should say S. If you do a manual shift it will change to M. It is more responsive and holds RPMs much longer than just regular sport mode.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 04:01 PM   #28
f44slegers
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: bmw f44

Quote:
Thank you. Thank you. Yours is beautiful.

Thank you. I like the new upgrades u installed.

It has pep, but I’m sure your Camero will put in work.

No I feel u. I think most folks that bought the GC was expecting it to be an enthusiastic fun car. It kinda is, kinda isn’t. It’s a stubby chonky sedan.

And thanks… I’m building the GC to my liking. Next is the stance.

Had some time this Labor Day weekend.

Price of this project $165 OEM Mesh Grill VS $200+ Retail

Bumper removal isn’t a must. But trim tools will be required. I remove mines off since I was going into this blind. Install time is about an hr and the end result is beautiful.
Should of went with the og M2 style grill. Dont like the diamond at all, but that's personal.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 05:00 AM   #29
f44slegers
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: bmw f44

Any updates?
Appreciate 0