BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

04-09-2022, 10:56 AM   #419
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
So you say , there's no test mule at Ferrari ..

Ask SEB what he is thinking about that !
I’d want the team to treat them as fairly as possible and let them race each other as well. Having said that, Charles is clearly the better challenger to Max for the WDC and is more consistent than Carlos. If they’re going to lean slightly towards one driver due to the budget cap it should absolutely be the driver better able to challenge the champ, I got zero problems with it. I’ve always seen Carlos as a very good driver but not at the top echelon handful that can win consistently and possibly win a title.
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2022, 11:10 AM   #420
Humdizzle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: GT3 + M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I wonder what the tyre strategy will be tomorrow.
Anyone dare to make a prediction?
Will VER and LEC start on reds to try and get the lead after the 1st corner?
Or do they start on yellows to insure they can get away with 1 pitstop?

To me it seemed that Max had more problems getting the car sorted on reds than yellows, so my prediction is that they both start on yellows.
But that's just as much a guess as a prediction
wait for Latifi's inevitable crash, then pit.

2018 Porsche GT3 6MT
2021 M2C DCT
Previous: Ferrari 458 | R35 GTR | F80 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | Scion FRS
Appreciate 2
GuidoK10960.50
irunalot1518.00
      04-09-2022, 11:22 AM   #421
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
wait for Latifi's inevitable crash, then pit.
I'm waiting for that maybe near the end...
Appreciate 5
GuidoK10960.50
Humdizzle6091.50
irunalot1518.00
      04-09-2022, 11:35 AM   #422
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inPHX View Post
I’d want the team to treat them as fairly as possible and let them race each other as well. Having said that, Charles is clearly the better challenger to Max for the WDC and is more consistent than Carlos. If they’re going to lean slightly towards one driver due to the budget cap it should absolutely be the driver better able to challenge the champ, I got zero problems with it. I’ve always seen Carlos as a very good driver but not at the top echelon handful that can win consistently and possibly win a title.
I agree with that . Charlie is a great driver and (currently) in this season he has a big chance to do it , because Ferrari made a World Champ PU !

The Ferrari chassis , handling ,and balance is the best as well . That's why the Ferrari tyre management is so much better .
That's why the 2022 Ferrari wont lock up like the RB18 ...

One thing is for sure : It wont be easy for MAX to beat the Ferrari superfast PU .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 5
M5Rick60820.50
GuidoK10960.50
DrFerry6730.00
E92inNC1709.50
      04-09-2022, 11:40 AM   #423
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I give Mercedes 2-3 races before they can write off the season and begin looking forward to next season. They would just be too behind the development race while still trying to match Red Bull and Ferrari.

I mean all things eventually come to an end. There was a time where Ferrari was winning with Schumacher. Then we had the Red Bull/Vettel era and then the Mercedes/Hamilton era. Looks like we might be going back to Ferrari?
In reality Merc should probably be 7th and 8th on the grid. I believe Alonso was going to quali ahead of the Mercs. He was putting down some quality laps. Sainz had some terrible luck.

McLaren looking a lot better, like to see that.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2022, 12:09 PM   #424
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I agree with that . Charlie is a great driver and (currently) in this season he has a big chance to do it , because Ferrari made a World Champ PU !

The Ferrari chassis , handling ,and balance is the best as well . That's why the Ferrari tyre management is so much better .
That's why the 2022 Ferrari wont lock up like the RB18 ...

One thing is for sure : It wont be easy for MAX to beat the Ferrari superfast PU .
Are you getting up early to watch it ..
Appreciate 2
      04-09-2022, 12:22 PM   #425
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
I give Mercedes 2-3 races before they can write off the season and begin looking forward to next season. They would just be too behind the development race while still trying to match Red Bull and Ferrari.

I mean all things eventually come to an end. There was a time where Ferrari was winning with Schumacher. Then we had the Red Bull/Vettel era and then the Mercedes/Hamilton era. Looks like we might be going back to Ferrari?
In reality Merc should probably be 7th and 8th on the grid. I believe Alonso was going to quali ahead of the Mercs. He was putting down some quality laps. Sainz had some terrible luck.

McLaren looking a lot better, like to see that.
Like they say, sometimes it's better to be lucky then good. In all sports, all champions need a bit of luck - its never just about the team/players/drivers. That's something that often gets overlooked and factored in when talking about winners/champions.
Appreciate 1
irunalot1518.00
      04-09-2022, 12:38 PM   #426
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Are you getting up early to watch it ..
Don't think so , because the whole week I had to leave at 5 AM to drive to the company , today included ...Ough ! It was like a zombie-week !

Recording the race with my telenet digicorder is a better idea .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick60820.50
DrFerry6730.00
      04-09-2022, 12:57 PM   #427
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Sainz really should have been first or second row. He got bad luck with that red flag then the added pressure of getting one perfect lap at the end got him.
Appreciate 4
      04-09-2022, 01:02 PM   #428
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
Sainz ...the added pressure of getting one perfect lap at the end got him.
FYI, he had cold tires. Ferrari had a problem with the starter and he went out 3 minutes later than planned, preventing him from doing the proper tire preparation and warm up.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2022, 01:14 PM   #429
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Don't think so , because the whole week I had to leave at 5 AM to drive to the company , today included ...Ough ! It was like a zombie-week !

I don't blame, I guess don't turn on the news and when ready play the recorder.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2022, 01:25 PM   #430
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
As you are a Belgian tax payer, use your spent tax money: simply register on the Belgian public broadcast RTBF Auvio (here) and you can see all F1 qualies and F1 races on "Tipik" (RTBF 2 - French comments) for free from wherever in Europe on your mobile phone, tablet or pc/laptop. Not only live and direct, but also at any time afterwards (and you can zap a recorded session, for example to skip the red flag pausing or to replay a section). No need for a TV. Once you've registered, you can always automatically login. When watching outside Belgium the system may ask once for your Belgian mobile phone number in order to check that you have a link with Belgium (activation link). I always use that platform when I'm abroad to watch F1 qualies and F1 races. Easy-peasy, free of charge, perfectly legal and HQ images. Last Summer I saw parts of the Olympic games that way on a boat (not from an oligarch though) near beaches in the Mediterranean Sea: watch a competition, put your phone down and subsequently jump into the sea.
      04-09-2022, 01:39 PM   #431
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Quote:
Sainz ...the added pressure of getting one perfect lap at the end got him.
FYI, he had cold tires. Ferrari had a problem with the starter and he went out 3 minutes later than planned, preventing him from doing the proper tire preparation and warm up.
That too. Some of these comments seem to be ignoring all that information.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 01:52 PM   #432
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
That too. Some of these comments seem to be ignoring all that information.
See post #407:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
SAI had an unlucky day in the office, that's all:
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...B7qOpffVw.html
If SAI manages to cut through traffic and get a podium finish, he could even be voted "Driver of the Day". He has a good car, so should be capable to do what HAM used to do in 2021 with his powerful Merc-AMG when starting in the middle or back of the pack.

Look what RUS said about SAI after today's qualification:
"Russell eyed a move into the top five – but was wary of Sainz, who was left “angry” after an issue compromised him in Q3 – recovering from P9 on the grid.
“I think there is no reason why we can’t finish ahead of the McLaren. We need to try and keep Sainz behind us, I don’t really know what happened with him today – he is clearly a lot quicker than us at the moment. All things going well [we could finish] P4, P5, but it’s probably won’t be quite as straightforward as that.”"
      04-09-2022, 02:03 PM   #433
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
As you are a Belgian tax payer, use your spent tax money: simply register on the Belgian public broadcast RTBF Auvio (https://www.rtbf.be/auvio/emissions/...mule-1?id=6111) and you can see all F1 qualies and F1 races on "Tipik" (RTBF 2 - French comments) for free from wherever in Europe on your mobile phone, tablet or pc/laptop. Not only live and direct, but also at any time afterwards (and you can zap a recorded session, for example to skip the red flag pausing or to replay a section). No need for a TV. Once you've registered, you can always automatically login. When watching outside Belgium the system may ask once for your Belgian mobile phone number in order to check that you have a link with Belgium (activation link). I always use that platform when I'm abroad to watch F1 qualies and F1 races. Easy-peasy, free of charge, perfectly legal and HQ images. Last Summer I saw parts of the Olympic games that way on a boat (not from an oligarch though) near beaches in the Mediterranean Sea: watch a competition, put your phone down and subsequently jump into the sea.
Yes . I know , actually I'm a Tipik user and I agree Tipik is great ...
I knew you was watching Tipik as well , because I saw your Tipik snapshot logo from the Saidi GP (3-26) Mick Schumacher crash here => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=370

Of course I really appreciate your information anyway .Thank you !

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60820.50
DrFerry6730.00
Artemis29652.00
      04-09-2022, 02:04 PM   #434
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
So you say , there's no test mule at Ferrari ..

Ask SEB what he is thinking about that !
The failed PU starter (uh really) before Sainz's run could be the start of a 'keep 55 under control' secret red campaign.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2022, 02:04 PM   #435
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
See post #407:

If SAI manages to cut through traffic and get a podium finish, he could even be voted "Driver of the Day". He has a good car, so should be capable to do what HAM used to do in 2021 with his powerful Merc-AMG when starting in the middle or back of the pack.

Look what RUS said about SAI after today's qualification:
"Russell eyed a move into the top five – but was wary of Sainz, who was left “angry” after an issue compromised him in Q3 – recovering from P9 on the grid.
“I think there is no reason why we can’t finish ahead of the McLaren. We need to try and keep Sainz behind us, I don’t really know what happened with him today – he is clearly a lot quicker than us at the moment. All things going well [we could finish] P4, P5, but it’s probably won’t be quite as straightforward as that.”"
Russ is dreaming if he thinks they have a chance to keep Sainz behind them. Merc is down over 1sec+ in race pace. You know Lando isn't going to give them an inch.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2022, 02:06 PM   #436
Artemis
Rep

As regards LEC and VER: I hope to see some hard-fought but fair battles. May the best win. None of both has an interest in a DNF crash. They better wisely share P1 and P2 now that Merc-AMG has not sorted out yet its W13 gremlins.

VER should realize that if he cannot beat LEC in this race (IMHO FP and Q indicates that LEC has the edge over him), P2 still bags him 18 precious points (+ 1 point for fastest lap, if possible), rather than 0 points as a result of ending up in the walls because of having pushed the car over the limit.
      04-09-2022, 02:08 PM   #437
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
As regards LEC and VER: I hope to see some hard-fought but fair battles. May the best win. None of both has an interest in a DNF crash. They better wisely share P1 and P2 now that Merc-AMG has not sorted out yet its W13 gremlins.

VER should realize that if he cannot beat LEC in this race (IMHO FP and Q indicates that LEC has the edge over him), P2 still bags him 18 precious points (+ 1 point for fastest lap, if possible), rather than 0 points as a result of ending up in the walls because of having pushed the car over the limit.
Max knows he can't risk another 0 points race anytime soon.
Appreciate 1
Artemis29652.00
      04-09-2022, 02:14 PM   #438
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

I don't think Max will fall into that trap again, the 1/10th that Lec has will be tagged by Max and all being well with Checo he'll be pushed in to out cut the 16 man.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2022, 02:17 PM   #439
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
The failed PU starter (uh really) before Sainz's run could be the start of a 'keep 55 under control' secret red campaign.
Thats why I said more than once that SEB was sabotaged (heavily) at Ferrari .

It's for sure ,SEB suffered a lot at Ferrari ...

Hopefully that changed now !
And Sainz Isn't SEB ,because Carlos has Spanish b@lls !

Appreciate 3
M5Rick60820.50
DrFerry6730.00
      04-09-2022, 02:27 PM   #440
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Thats why I said more than once that SEB was sabotaged (heavily) at Ferrari .

It's for sure ,SEB suffered a lot at Ferrari ...

Hopefully that changed now !
And Sainz Isn't SEB ,because Carlos has Spanish b@lls !
Of course, it was too much of an occurrence to be just coincidence with Seb and this form of management is echoed by the reds going back to the 1950's.
Appreciate 1