GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

01-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #1101
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
That's always the trick. A few years ago when I purchased my first F30 the GM showed me a printed "invoice" sheet. At the time I wasn't using True Car or Edmunds so I had no way of verifying the numbers. I wouldn't be surprised if most dealer software allows them to print an "invoice" sheet with whatever numbers they'd like.
Yeah, the dealer tipped their hand yesterday by slipping up and assuming I was doing ED for some reason even though that was never mentioned by either party...They quoted me ED "invoice" price on an F80 as $62000 (US MSRP) minus $4900 (bringing it to ED MSRP, not invoice price)....which means if I was doing ED then my "invoice" price they are offering would actually have been MSRP (plus 1K which is my negotiated deal)...so even with a signed deal you still have to be careful.

So thanks all for the help on US invoice, at least they won't be able to play any games ...but plus or minus a few dollars from that figure I don't mind. They, like all of us, have to get paid at the end of the day as well (and keep the lights on).
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 11:47 AM   #1102
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
Correct everyone. So far we are still being told March/April productions which would put deliveries starting in May. (CF delay, also I believe there is a full leather delay as well)

Now these dates are like build dates and are just estimates from BMW to us dealers. Yes there is a chance it could be earlier but there is also a chance it could be later. Yes its a bummer but nothing we can do at this time
Thanks for the clarification. Is it safe to say that BMWNA and or BMW AG are not happy with the delays and want them resolved? I would hope this isn't a ploy to create artificial demand.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 11:55 AM   #1103
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneRib View Post
Thanks for the clarification. Is it safe to say that BMWNA and or BMW AG are not happy with the delays and want them resolved? I would hope this isn't a ploy to create artificial demand.
I would imagine. Any delay is costing them money and customer ratings so I would assume they are trying everything they can to get this resolved asap.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 02:00 PM   #1104
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I would imagine. Any delay is costing them money and customer ratings so I would assume they are trying everything they can to get this resolved asap.
That's good to know. It seems like BMW has hit a homerun with the f80/f82/f83 family. Reminds me of the first year of the 335i, everyone loved the power even though some reviewers complained about turbo lag and the loss of the NA characteristics of the 330i.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #1105
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:

While we're on that page. When would be the soonest delivery be for a 2016 MY? Im guessing September/October? Or sooner?

Cutting it real close here. May/June delivery VS waiting for 2016 MY, I am sure is what is on everyone's mind right now.

Thanks jimmy!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 02:26 PM   #1106
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

I believe 2016 production is June/July. I can double check with David tomorrow. we are closed sundays so i don't want to bug him

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #1107
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:
That's good to know. It seems like BMW has hit a homerun with the f80/f82/f83 family. Reminds me of the first year of the 335i, everyone loved the power even though some reviewers complained about turbo lag and the loss of the NA characteristics of the 330i.
I would extend that success to the f3x family as well. Save for some critiques from brand loyalists (myself amongst them), BMW has had wild success in the post e9x era.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #1108
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
While we're on that page. When would be the soonest delivery be for a 2016 MY? Im guessing September/October? Or sooner?

Cutting it real close here. May/June delivery VS waiting for 2016 MY, I am sure is what is on everyone's mind right now.

Thanks jimmy!
Wait for golffrr's confirmation, but July production start at the latest, which means August is possible. A lot will come down to dealer allocation and where you stand on their list. It may be harder to get a good deal if you need a 2016 asap. The exception might be ED especially if its not from dealer allocation.
Appreciate 1
      01-04-2015, 02:52 PM   #1109
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
I would extend that success to the f3x family as well. Save for some critiques from brand loyalists (myself amongst them), BMW has had wild success in the post e9x era.
I am among them as well. I had a 2007 E90 335i sedan and wasn't impressed with the F30. Exterior styling didn't go far enough for me and I felt the interior looked low rent unless optioned out. Still feel this way, but not as strongly.

It has sold well, so BMW couldn't give 2 craps what I think.

It does seem that the next gen 3/4 series will be more revolutionary than evolutionary. There was a BMW exec saying he felt the future needed more differentiation between the 3/5/7 family as far as styling. Forget the source, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 03:14 PM   #1110
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Being told that "there are no rebates or incentives ever on M cars"...ahhh this is somewhat incorrect right? I know there are none at the moment but from time to time there are some (like the holiday event that just passed?)

Last edited by Mr. Hankey; 01-06-2015 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 06:16 PM   #1111
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118
Being told that "there are no rebates or incentives ever on M cars"...ahhh this is somewhat incorrect right? I know there are none at the moment but from time to time there are some (like the holiday event that just passed?)
Absolutely incorrect. I always laugh when a CA says that to me. They use that argument to hold MSRP (or even above MSRP) and jack up the MF on leases.

I haven't seen anything about January incentives, but there will definitely be incentives for the M cars again.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 06:23 PM   #1112
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
Ugh! Get away from that CA as fast as possible. Politely ask the sales manager who you can work with that doesn't lie to your face or isn't completely clueless. If the manager told you that, get out of that dealership.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 06:27 PM   #1113
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Thanks MRCUR & OneRib

Appreciate input on this deal then: (For an order, not on lot. Buying not leasing. US Delivery):

M3 Sedan w/Options MSRP: 68,225
Out the door (all fees except tax): 65,065 (3160 off, all fees paid)

Stipulation is that all "Incentives and Rebates are forfeited to the dealer"
- When I asked them about this the CA replied that there are no rebates on M cars...Which rubbed me the wrong way.

Went to another dealer who agreed to beat the above price by $500 and allow me to keep any rebates (if there are any at time of delivery). Waiting to get something in writing from them...Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 07:46 PM   #1114
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

You should be able to get $4k off MSRP without incentives at this point. I definitely wouldn't agree to forfeiting any incentives to the dealer.

You could always try invoice + $1k and see if the second dealer bites.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #1115
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR
You should be able to get $4k off MSRP without incentives at this point. I definitely wouldn't agree to forfeiting any incentives to the dealer.

You could always try invoice + $1k and see if the second dealer bites.
That's just it...the first deal I quoted is at "invoice + 1K"....what they failed to mention is that is for the base price of the car only. So my options are charged at MSRP (lightly optioned so only giving up just over $300 to those which I'm OK with)

Invoice price was quoted at 57,540 (57040 plus MACO at 320 plus training/service fee at 180), add 1000 to that and a $300 doc fee and now 3160 away from sticker. Then the last straw was the "we keep any incentives". Just feel like a little something has been added at every turn and while this is a decent deal on a blind email sent to a dealer for an order, it's kinda porked up a bit as the process has gone on...

If you remove MACO, service and doc fees it's close to 4K off. But 1K over invoice gets you here. Although I have learned that once you have a good solid number in hand it's easier to get another dealer to beat it...relatively quickly I might add.
      01-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #1116
leeryan
2003 E46 330i / 2012 E82 1M / 2015 F80 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
My lease deal

I just wanted to share my sub-$800 lease deal I got on the last day of 2014. I saw someone asked if it were even possible to score $7xx lease deal on ordered M3 and my answer is yes, I have a lease below $800.

MG/SO with 6MT
19" blk wheel
Exec/Lighting/Driver assist pkgs
CF roof
Adaptive M suspension
HK audio

MSRP: $75,625 (sticker price was later adjusted to $74,975. still few hundreds off from BMWUSA configurator.. not sure why)
discounts: $5,125 (incl. holiday bonus)

Lease
39mo/10k/60%/$0 down
MF: 0.00081 (after max MSD)

$789/mo including CT sales tax

This could go even lower because the lease was based on initial $75,625 msrp. I am putting $5,600 aside for MSD. My car is on order and still have 112 status.

How does this deal compare to others? I didn't get the best discounts off msrp but I feel I got very decent interest rate. What do you guys think?
Appreciate 1
      01-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #1117
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That's just it...the first deal I quoted is at "invoice + 1K"....what they failed to mention is that is for the base price of the car only. So my options are charged at MSRP (lightly optioned so only giving up just over $300 to those which I'm OK with)

Invoice price was quoted at 57,540 (57040 plus MACO at 320 plus training/service fee at 180), add 1000 to that and a $300 doc fee and now 3160 away from sticker. Then the last straw was the "we keep any incentives". Just feel like a little something has been added at every turn and while this is a decent deal on a blind email sent to a dealer for an order, it's kinda porked up a bit as the process has gone on...

If you remove MACO, service and doc fees it's close to 4K off. But 1K over invoice gets you here. Although I have learned that once you have a good solid number in hand it's easier to get another dealer to beat it...relatively quickly I might add.
Sounds to me like the dealer is trying to lure you in by agreeing to your initial terms but adding fees anywhere they can to make more money. Incentives are paid by BMW and don't cost the dealer anything. For them to say they keep them, is to renege on the original deal. It's a double dip pure and simple. I bet they would even have to raise the price or add in bogus fees just to capture the money from the rebates.

Again, I would walk away from the deal. They are going to try and work it to make the money they want and your invoice +1k becomes a fantasy number.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 08:45 PM   #1118
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeryan View Post
I just wanted to share my sub-$800 lease deal I got on the last day of 2014. I saw someone asked if it were even possible to score $7xx lease deal on ordered M3 and my answer is yes, I have a lease below $800.

MG/SO with 6MT
19" blk wheel
Exec/Lighting/Driver assist pkgs
CF roof
Adaptive M suspension
HK audio

MSRP: $75,625 (sticker price was later adjusted to $74,975. still few hundreds off from BMWUSA configurator.. not sure why)
discounts: $5,125 (incl. holiday bonus)

Lease
39mo/10k/60%/$0 down
MF: 0.00081 (after max MSD)

$789/mo including CT sales tax

This could go even lower because the lease was based on initial $75,625 msrp. I am putting $5,600 aside for MSD. My car is on order and still have 112 status.

How does this deal compare to others? I didn't get the best discounts off msrp but I feel I got very decent interest rate. What do you guys think?
You got the lowest money factor possible, so that's a win. Maxing out the MSD's is a personal preference. As for the rest it looks good to me.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 09:31 PM   #1119
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCUR View Post
Quote:
Absolutely incorrect. I always laugh when a CA says that to me. They use that argument to hold MSRP (or even above MSRP) and jack up the MF on leases.

I haven't seen anything about January incentives, but there will definitely be incentives for the M cars again.
Correct - BMW NA seams to be slotting incentives packages in 2-month increments. Or at least they had published the same incentives ("cash on hood", MF rates, and higher residual values) for Nov/Dec'14 and Nov/Dec'11 periods. This year's package included "holiday cash" of $1K on M3/M4 cars and jacked up residual values for 39 month leases.

That promotion period has ended, and the new deals may, or may not be, worse. I haven't checked, since I had placed my order September, finalized the financing and locked in the rebate in December, and did ED pickup mid-Dec.

It really is up to BMW NA to decide how aggressive they want to be with their incentives. Historically, BMW and Mercedes have been locked in end-of-year luxury crown competition, which has produced most aggressive deals in Nov/Dec period. I remember getting great "cash on hood" and MF in 2011, and this year was no different.

a

P.S.: BMW won US luxury sales crown in 2014: http://247wallst.com/autos/2015/01/0...ar-sales-race/
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 10:15 PM   #1120
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
That's just it...the first deal I quoted is at "invoice + 1K"....what they failed to mention is that is for the base price of the car only.
Actually, it's not that they "failed to mention" that invoice +1K applies to only the car, rather, you neglected to inform them that that was the condition of you buying a car from them.

This may not be what you intended, but you did leave them room for interpretation to their benefit. And they are driving an oil tanker through it.
Nothing unusual here.

Quote:
So my options are charged at MSRP (lightly optioned so only giving up just over $300 to those which I'm OK with)
Personally, I would not be OK with that.

I would go back and say:
1). When I meant car invoice +$1K in profit I meant all of the car, not just some pieces of it.
2). Do figure out how much you are comfortable paying them in "fees". Understand those fees. Some of them may not be going to dealer's bottom line: state registration and luxury taxes come to mind. Others are invented to pad the profit. Understand the padding fees, and figure out what you can live with. It wont be zero, but it should be a finite number that you mention and agree upon upfront. It should not change.
3). That will still leave wiggle room to up-charge you on financing rates (aka MF). The simplest way out of this problem is bring your own financing from your CU or your bank. Works like a charm every time. However, this may not work if you are leasing your car, or doing ED (see other threads on why).

What matters is the total dealer profit above vehicle invoice, net of all optional surcharges, fees, and adjustments.
If you try to negotiate each individual fee - you will loose, as they will keep inventing new ones!

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds to me like the dealer is trying to lure you in by agreeing to your initial terms but adding fees anywhere they can to make more money. Incentives are paid by BMW and don't cost the dealer anything. For them to say they keep them, is to renege on the original deal. It's a double dip pure and simple. I bet they would even have to raise the price or add in bogus fees just to capture the money from the rebates.
I agree that dealer refusing to credit BMW NA rebates is another way to pad their profit on the transaction, but that is not reneging on the original deal, as treatment of credits was never negotiated or mentioned beforehand.

Sorry, they just have more practice negotiating these variables than an average car buyer

Quote:
Again, I would walk away from the deal. They are going to try and work it to make the money they want and your invoice +1k becomes a fantasy number.
I would not walk away just yet.
No US dealer will sell you a US delivered M3/M4 for invoice +$1K net of all fees. Not as long as they have a constrained allocation of cars and can sell them to someone else for net profit of closer to $3-10K. You maybe able to get Invoice +$1.5K on ED car (no loss of total US allocation to the dealer), but you will have to pay more for US delivered cars.

Just keep track of all your dealer quotes, and make your life easier by negotiating "invoice + all surcharges" as one number.

Good luck.

a
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 08:02 AM   #1121
Mr. Hankey
Christmas Poo
Rep

All great points. Thanks a.
      01-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #1122
JoeyBananas
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: NA

What's the latest MF and residuals for Jan?
Appreciate 0