BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

10-18-2022, 10:08 AM   #1
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 128ti

F40 Ambient Lighting

Hello all,

On Saturday of last week I picked up a brand new 128ti. On reviewing the original specifications I was aware that some of the options I choose were removed. However yesterday I noticed that in the rear of the car there is no ambient lighting. The trim that carries the LED hasn't been fitted.

Does anyone know if this is something they've seen or heard about? The specifications say it should be there.

Not sure if BMW have changed them.
I also noticed that the little drawer under the steering wheel is missing along with the 12volts power supply in the boot. Strange that these items have been removed

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 11:45 AM   #2
FooMer
Rep
Drives: F40 M135i

Yes, unfortunately these are the changes that were recently introduced to F40 by BMW.

As far as I know also blinkers in the hatch part of the rear lights are gone. Only outside areas blink now - only the part of the rear lights which are fixed.

Last edited by FooMer; 10-19-2022 at 05:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 02:15 PM   #3
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooMer View Post
Yes, unfortunately these are the changes that were recently introduced to F40 by BMW.

As far as I know also blinkers in the hatch part of the rear lights are gone. Only outside areas blink now - only the part of the rear lights which are fixed (don't move when opening the hatch).
Hi there,

Thanks for confirming, apparently the dealership wasn't aware of the changes made. It's quite infuriating that no one can tell you this at the time of collection.

I hadn't even look at the rear lights, I'll need to check this out. I wonder just how many more little money saving cuts BMW have made without letting anyone know.

I did notice tonight that the design on the LED strip is different, it used to be a crosshatch effect, now it's lines, there also nowhere near as bright.

🤬🤬
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2022, 12:28 AM   #4
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

As far as I know also blinkers in the hatch part of the rear lights are gone. Only outside areas blink now - only the part of the rear lights which are fixed.
Hello there.

Yes your correct 👍. Half the blinkers are gone, the section that sits on the tailgate is now simply part of the light cluster, coloured red.
Again the dealership has no idea. So many changes without anyone knowing. Of course I did get the line about how this is written on the contract, and that changes can be made at their discretion.

Regards
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 09:18 PM   #5
Matt26499
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notleks24 View Post
Quote:

Hello there.

Yes your correct 👍. Half the blinkers are gone, the section that sits on the tailgate is now simply part of the light cluster, coloured red.
Again the dealership has no idea. So many changes without anyone knowing. Of course I did get the line about how this is written on the contract, and that changes can be made at their discretion.

Regards
I agree it's in the contract but if you've paid for something such as the interior lighting and they've changed the style since you purchased it then you should at least ask for a discount. If you don't ask you don't get sometimes
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2022, 10:47 AM   #6
Uyyyu09
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Hello all,

On Saturday of last week I picked up a brand new 128ti. On reviewing the original specifications I was aware that some of the options I choose were removed. However yesterday I noticed that in the rear of the car there is no ambient lighting. The trim that carries the LED hasn't been fitted.

Does anyone know if this is something they've seen or heard about? The specifications say it should be there.

I also noticed that the little drawer under the steering wheel is missing along with the 12volts power supply in the boot. Strange that these items have been removed

Thanks again
Quote:
Hello all,

Thanks again
You need to make changes in the F40
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2022, 01:50 PM   #7
Notleks24
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt26499 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Hello there.

Regards
I agree it's in the contract but if you've paid for something such as the interior lighting and they've changed the style since you purchased it then you should at least ask for a discount. If you don't ask you don't get sometimes
Thanks. I did ask and Ive been given a two year service plan which is better than nothing. At least that's something I don't need to worry about.
Appreciate 0