BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #23
MarkerGT01
Rep
Drives: 2020 Porsche 911 C4S

Jeeves, any updates? Have you driven a Macan S/GTS yet? I’m down to choosing between a Macan GTS and an X3 M40i. The Macan is more expensive to lease but I had an extended test drive today (in just a base Macan, no less) and it felt just so good to drive. Perfect ride/handling balance. Not a fast as the X3 M40i in a straight line but you could tell it carries more speed through the corners.

Porsche’s CarPlay integration sucks, though. CP uses only a tiny section of their giant new screen and it’s essentially touch only. There’s no physical next track button anywhere in the Macan and I found no way to activate Siri. Also no HUD on any trim level.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 09:21 AM   #24
GenXer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a bat out of hell.

Garage List
Personally, I don't get the appeal of a firm riding performance SUV with poor off road capability. Why would you want a performance vehicle with high center of gravity?

If you want performance, get an M3/M4 They're always going to be a great choice. They are very desirable and most people want one or enjoy having one.

Also, I love the ride quality, looks and usefulness of a GLC. It's a great choice too if you're looking for room and comfort. My family has one and we have no complaint so far. Don't get the glossy wood trim. Choose a matte finish center trim unless you enjoy fingerprints all over the place.

Tesla Model Y looks good for an SUV and it's super fast but super heavy too. Eventually we will all be driving an electric vehicle so why not enjoy an ICE for a while. Gas is cheap. Let Tesla work out all the bugs and the pricing.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      09-23-2020, 09:25 AM   #25
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenXer View Post
I love the ride quality, looks and usefulness of a GLC. It's a great choice too if you're looking for room and comfort. My family has one and we have no complaint so far. Don't get the glossy wood trim. Choose a matte finish center trim unless you enjoy fingerprints all over the place.
Agree, the wife ended up getting one and she loves it. She daily's it in DC traffic and uses the hatch to bring the dog to work with her, and we use it when taking the grandchildren or family/friends out or when I need to do a home depot run. Huge backseat, bigger than both the E-Wagon and X5 we also looked at. Its a perfect comfortable daily driver. Also her having an SUV allows me to stay with sedans/coupes! And we still have our Z4 for the weekends so its a win-win.
GenXer1351.00