BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

09-10-2020, 08:57 AM   #23
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Sports in general are popular in Florida, just about any and every sport you want to play is within a 15 mile radius of where I live. Except for maybe (horse) Polo, for that you'd need to drive an hour north. Anyway, I was on my first yr HS team, but other schools had teams for many years, especially the private schools. People are always surprised to hear that my Dad played Lax in college at UF in 1970, intramural/club, but that's when it was starting here and has only grown since. It really is the best team sport.

There is so much info now on youtube about lax specific stretches that I'll definitely be arriving early and incorporating.

While we are sort of on the topic of sports - any recommendations on recovery supplements/foods? Currently taking Glucosamine, Glutamine, and if something is really bothering me CBD always helps along with Tylenol (lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 09:35 AM   #24
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Sports in general are popular in Florida, just about any and every sport you want to play is within a 15 mile radius of where I live. Except for maybe (horse) Polo, for that you'd need to drive an hour north. Anyway, I was on my first yr HS team, but other schools had teams for many years, especially the private schools. People are always surprised to hear that my Dad played Lax in college at UF in 1970, intramural/club, but that's when it was starting here and has only grown since. It really is the best team sport.

There is so much info now on youtube about lax specific stretches that I'll definitely be arriving early and incorporating.

While we are sort of on the topic of sports - any recommendations on recovery supplements/foods? Currently taking Glucosamine, Glutamine, and if something is really bothering me CBD always helps along with Tylenol (lol).
BCAA and EAA
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2020, 09:45 AM   #25
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post

Yeah that is nice, for some reason there seems to be more sport fans here then those who actually do anything haha. My grandpa was an all-american lax player at Washington & Lee back in the late 40s. Also coached University of Baltimore's lax team and took them to 5 national championships. Quite an amazing man, rip.

As for the supplements you should be good with what you're taking, if you're on creatine an hydration is your goal I would cycle off. Make sure you have a healthy amount of carb intake following, that has always worked for me. There are quite a few studies showing sugar being helpful in the recovery process following intense workouts. Replenishes glycogen to aid in recovery, small bag of gummy bears or similar would do it.
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2020, 07:25 AM   #26
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

If you are interested in figuring out how much net water you are losing you can weight yourself before a match (naked), do the same after. Water weighs 8.34 lbs. per gallon and virtually all the weight you lose is water. Pretty easy to lose 4 lbs. of water exercising in the heat (1/2 gallon) in a long enough period even if you are drinking occasionally during. Not sure what the total exercise time is for you in a day.
      09-17-2020, 12:16 PM   #27
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
If you are interested in figuring out how much net water you are losing you can weight yourself before a match (naked), do the same after. Water weighs 8.34 lbs. per gallon and virtually all the weight you lose is water. Pretty easy to lose 4 lbs. of water exercising in the heat (1/2 gallon) in a long enough period even if you are drinking occasionally during. Not sure what the total exercise time is for you in a day.
If you're going to ask for nekid pics, do it over DM

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 12:28 PM   #28
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
If you're going to ask for nekid pics, do it over DM

You're the only one that brought up pics. Feel free to contact him if you are interested.