BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

08-15-2020, 03:18 AM   #1
Saladin12
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: On Order - 218i M Sport

PCP Deal (UK)

Hi All,

Hopefully a first time BMW owner here. I’ve been looking at PCP for a new 2 Series GC (factory order) and I wanted to check in to see if people here think it’s a good deal or not.

The Car:
218i Petrol
M Sport
Automatic
Tech Pack

The Terms:
Length: 48 Months
Mileage: 8000
Deposit: £1000 (personal), £600 (dealer)
Interest Rate: 3.9%
Balloon Payment: £13,307
Monthly: £365
Total price (excluding interest): £28,952
Total price (including interest): £32,092

Should I negotiate more off the sticker price? Is there anything else I should look at options wise, I'm considering the Comfort Pack II?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 06:28 AM   #2
prettyvacant
Rep
Drives: 2 Series GC

Have you considered leasing? I've got a 218i on order from select leasing.co.uk, for that spec it would likely be quite a bit cheaper...

I put down 6 months payment (£2.2k), 10,000 miles, added metallic paint, driving assistance pack, Harmon kardon stereo, parking assistant, lumbar support, wireless charging and it came out at just over £340 per month.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 09:57 AM   #3
Saladin12
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyvacant View Post
Have you considered leasing? I've got a 218i on order from select leasing.co.uk, for that spec it would likely be quite a bit cheaper...

I put down 6 months payment (£2.2k), 10,000 miles, added metallic paint, driving assistance pack, Harmon kardon stereo, parking assistant, lumbar support, wireless charging and it came out at just over £340 per month.
Yeah, I was looking at leasing deals at first but I'm a little undecided on whether I'd like to own the car at the end of the deal. For the car specced the way I want it would be £338 (with a £1K deposit). The way I see it is that for an extra £1.2k over the 48 months I have the option to buy the car outright (with, hopefully, the added benefit of potentially some positive equity in the car).
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 10:28 AM   #4
prettyvacant
Rep
Drives: 2 Series GC

I can't imagine wanting to own any car for longer than 3-.4 years, leasing works out well for me! 😁
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 12:37 PM   #5
Saladin12
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyvacant View Post
I can't imagine wanting to own any car for longer than 3-.4 years, leasing works out well for me! 😁
This is my first new car so I don't really know where I fall on the spectrum of this. I've had 7 year old Fords in the past (1st car was a 7 year old Fiesta and the 2nd was a 7 year old Focus). So this will be my first experience with a new/newish car. I may actually end up the same as you in the end in which case I'll end up handing the car back and going for a lease plan and benefit from the decreased costs!
Appreciate 0