BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

08-14-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
CyberYYZ
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

M235i Bridgestone tire problem

Hello everyone wanted to share my current problem as it relates to the OEM Bridgestone Potenza S005 235/35/19 tires.

Let me start by saying I love my new car now at 6600 kms.

Well I hit pothole this week while in Montreal Canada and now have a “bulge” in the side wall in front passenger tire. So logically I need to replace it but after calling not one but 2 BMW dealers (one in Montreal and one in Toronto- where I live) both dealers tell me the tire is on back order 1-2 month wait. So I also try 4 large tire shops and Bridgestone directly and they all it is on back order!,,,,,,

So what am I supposed to do no tire so dealer says just wait and we will call you when it comes in.

BMW the manufacturer should at least ensure supply of tires or get me a tire from their factory, you would think?

I feel like I am stuck and BMW corporate does not care. They said they will have someone from the dealer call me.

Waiting.....

Thoughts and suggestions welcome, but please don’t tell me to replace all 4 tires as that does not make good financial sense

Last edited by CyberYYZ; 08-14-2020 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 06:48 PM   #2
Kothar
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 20 m235i gran coupe

Tirerack in USA they ship to Canada...but $$.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 03:26 PM   #3
RMachuca3d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Msport

Garage List
Leave it to quebeckiztan to destroy cars lol. That sucks, may I recommend buying some cheapo tires as an inbetween while you wait for the replacement ones to ship? Heck even a used set of tires would do.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 08:01 PM   #4
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberYYZ View Post
Hello everyone wanted to share my current problem as it relates to the OEM Bridgestone Potenza S005 235/35/19 tires.

Let me start by saying I love my new car now at 6600 kms.

Well I hit pothole this week while in Montreal Canada and now have a "bulge" in the side wall in front passenger tire. So logically I need to replace it but after calling not one but 2 BMW dealers (one in Montreal and one in Toronto- where I live) both dealers tell me the tire is on back order 1-2 month wait. So I also try 4 large tire shops and Bridgestone directly and they all it is on back order!,,,,,,

So what am I supposed to do no tire so dealer says just wait and we will call you when it comes in.

BMW the manufacturer should at least ensure supply of tires or get me a tire from their factory, you would think?

I feel like I am stuck and BMW corporate does not care. They said they will have someone from the dealer call me.

Waiting.....

Thoughts and suggestions welcome, but please don't tell me to replace all 4 tires as that does not make good financial sense
Sucks with this covid bullshit cuz at my dealer (Towne BMW) we could get you one easy.
Appreciate 0