BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

02-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #111
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTScapes View Post
BMW accidentally built a CLA
While I am in no way a fan of the CLA, I will say Mercedes at least got the looks right and it works well/resembles the rest of their lineup.

The 2GC simply look like BMW's vision of a Ford Focus.
Attached Images

Germanauto9665.50
      02-11-2020, 02:11 AM   #112
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrushchev View Post
Sorry, all I see is a KIA
This. It's not that it's an awful looking car. But it's an awful looking BMW, because it doesn't look like one at all. That side profile screams anything but BMW.

If you just saw it on the street and didn't know what it was, you might think it's a decent looking, maybe even good looking car. Maybe not. But probably wouldn't hate it so much.

There is no reason they couldn't build a car for this segment, if they felt so inclined, and still have it look like a BMW. So I just don't get it.

Just like I don't get the X2's design.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:39 AM   #113
PandaGTS
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Don't get me wrong if this offense anyone but I love bmw but I feel like the front looks like a Hyundai
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #114
Conezz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G20

The whole 2 series line is just plain ugly. 4-door, 2-door. The 2 door has more aesthetics but that rear tail light design is still pretty bad.

Last edited by Conezz; 03-01-2020 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #115
Carpe_BM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EX-BMW (2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i)

Good god this is an ugly model...
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2020, 11:31 AM   #116
N47_Drei
I plan your cities
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 328d

I actually like the car. I got to drive one here in the DMV area given the traffic congestion's that we deal with, constraints with urban parking, and people you don't care if they hit or bump your car. This is a great car!!!!!! Handles good and is pretty fast for what it is.

Let's face it BMW's are getting bigger in size and less are getting manuals.

So for the "enthusiast" out there explain to me how a bigger non-manual BMW is still an enthusiast car? Let me guess because it's rear wheel drive? In that case tell me how a M340 rwd is better then a M340 Xdrive? If rwd is for the "enthusiast" then why did BMW go AWD for the M5? : If your someone who's buying an M car which some still gets a manual you are not buying a M235 or really care.

I think the problem is these so call "enthusiast" are just upset that BMW didn't make something they wanted. Just a reminder for those "enthusiast" their will be a M2CS, that looks like a great "enthusiast" car. We can all agree that if this car (M235) makes BMW money so they can invest in making more "enthusiast" cars for us so be it.

Also, you all do realize that you can own more then one BMW's. For example, I own a 2009 135i which is a N54 6sd rwd, it's a car that I autocross (track car) and drive it like an "enthusiast" when I feel the need to. On the flip side, I have a Diesel F30 for a commuting/daily driving it's a 2.0L 4cyl w/ 8spd. Trust me no one in their right minds want to take a track car to get groceries. Again, this is just an example and not everyone is in my situation.

In conclusion, "enthusiast" just hate the car because they don't like it, not because it's good or bad. That being said enjoy that car I am soon in need of replacing my commuter car and would love to hear more about your experience with the car.
JustChris17423.00
      03-20-2020, 01:42 PM   #117
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Just for a little comparison, here's how the F40 1 series can look. This is an M135i Cerium delete, Maxton kit, Remus and Bola Flow Formed. Great work from Motech.

Having seen/sat in both, the 2 has a bigger boot and the 1 more rear headroom and is the shorter car as you can probably tell.

Collection tomorrow from my dealer
Attached Images

Vervain396.50
Firaxis265.50
      03-21-2020, 12:36 PM   #118
Jcbmally
Started with nothing, still got most of it left.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Cupra Ateca 300ps 4drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Just for a little comparison, here's how the F40 1 series can look. This is an M135i Cerium delete, Maxton kit, Remus and Bola Flow Formed. Great work from Motech.

Having seen/sat in both, the 2 has a bigger boot and the 1 more rear headroom and is the shorter car as you can probably tell.

So how is it buddy.
      03-21-2020, 12:41 PM   #119
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcbmally View Post
Quote:

So how is it buddy.
Absolutely superb!

Bit jaded from early start and 7hr round trip but it doesn't disappoint.

The changes Motech made really complete it. I nearly didn't do the wheels was very last minute but they're really nice filing those arches. Cars on the way home we're driving alongside for an unusual amount of time working out what kind of 1 it is.

I've barely touched the tech, will leave all the interior and proper set up to tomorrow.

First impression though, cannot believe how good it looks in the metal and even breaking in...it pulls very well. Steering is very light but I've not set all modes to Sport for steering and sorted.

Excellent value IMO.
      03-22-2020, 09:04 PM   #120
N47_Drei
I plan your cities
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So how is it buddy.
Absolutely superb!

The changes Motech made really complete it. I nearly didn't do the wheels was very last minute but they're really nice filing those arches. Cars on the way home we're driving alongside for an unusual amount of time working out what kind of 1 it is.

I've barely touched the tech, will leave all the interior and proper set up to tomorrow.

First impression though, cannot believe how good it looks in the metal and even breaking in...it pulls very well. Steering is very light but I've not set all modes to Sport for steering and sorted.

Excellent value IMO.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So how is it buddy.
Absolutely superb!

Excellent value IMO.
What are the specs of those wheels??
      03-23-2020, 03:42 AM   #121
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N47_Drei View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So how is it buddy.
Absolutely superb!

Excellent value IMO.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So how is it buddy.
Absolutely superb!

Excellent value IMO.
Bola 2020 Flow Formed FLC wheels.

https://bolawheels.co.uk/bola-flc/

ET43 to achieve this look and I kept the wheel size the same as BMWs spec 19x235. Good range of MPS4 etc tyres for this size.
      03-23-2020, 08:13 AM   #122
N47_Drei
I plan your cities
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by N47_Drei View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So how is it buddy.
Absolutely superb!

Excellent value IMO.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So how is it buddy.
Absolutely superb!

Excellent value IMO.
Bola 2020 Flow Formed FLC wheels.

https://bolawheels.co.uk/bola-flc/

ET43 to achieve this look and I kept the wheel size the same as BMWs spec 19x235. Good range of MPS4 etc tyres for this size.
Thanks you for the heads up, here in the States there is nothing in terms of aftermarket parts for the M235.
      09-08-2020, 05:46 AM   #123
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever get used to that grille.
Have you seen the front of the new 4 series?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 04:33 PM   #124
prettyvacant
Rep
Drives: 2 Series GC

Slight digression... Does the F44 come with run flat tyres? Just curious, I was under the impression that all bmws came with them...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 06:49 PM   #125
dirtdog
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyvacant View Post
Slight digression... Does the F44 come with run flat tyres? Just curious, I was under the impression that all bmws came with them...
In the USA you get the choice when ordering. I went without run-flats.
Appreciate 0