BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

04-21-2008, 04:33 PM   #23
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy13 View Post
The ISF is a good try for Lexus but it is not even in the same playing field and the M3.
+1.....Nice try lexus!
      04-21-2008, 06:44 PM   #24
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Here is how they talk about the M3 on ggb's home IS board:

Quote:
ive drove both is f and m3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i went to the BWM Dship down from my house the other day and drove the new m3...only cause my friends dad is over it....it was pretty fly in side wasnt so great..kinda boring..sounded pretty cool..is f didnt sound as good and seem to get up and go a lil faster...is f when you floor it...it GOES...m3 not so much..lil dlay..i drove this dudes is f that lives in my subDvision..yeah he has two vipers hummer and a is f? yeah random cars..he has a white one..fully loaded..crazy..but hey money does buy you happynes
      04-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #25
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayemthree View Post
Here is how they talk about the M3 on ggb's home IS board:
dear god x2
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 08:02 PM   #26
gbb357
Captain
Rep
Drives: IS300

You forgot to quote these other post.

That guy you quoted reminds me of you, can't spell and poor vocabulary. Here are some of the more positive and realistic quotes and comments.

Quote:
Have some common sense, M > F
Not one testing firm or automotive media source has come to an alternative outcome, including myself.
Reading the initial post also killed a few brain cells.

I've seen both in person. I would have to say that I would take the M3 over the IS-F. IS-F seems a little bulky and BMW M Division has made a very memorable and powerful series of cars. Sorry guys, M3>IS-F.

Like i said before, M3's and BMW in general are respected and everyone knows it's a better all around performance car. That's just reality and a fact. Your problem is you bash other brands and flame on others just for liking or owning another brand. Do you realize how many members here that does'nt own a BMW.

Last edited by gbb357; 04-21-2008 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #27
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
This guy reminds me of you, can't spell and poor vocabulary.

Like i said before, M3's and BMW in general are respected and everyone knows it's a better all around performance car. That's just reality and a fact. Your problem is you bash other brands and flame on others just for liking or owning another brand. Do you realize how many members here that doesn't own a BMW.
Like myself, but I ignore such nonsense. Sometimes it's mind boggling to encounter such immaturity and arrogance for a car that cost upwards of $60,000.

As for the IS-F, I give Lexus a B+. They didn't achieve perfection, but what do you expect out of a carmaker that doesn't really make sporty cars like the IS-F? The IS-F has all the ingredients to take on the M3 and win comparison tests, but needs some fine tuning. The biggest knock on the IS-F is the engine. Instead of hearing raving reviews, it's gotten the most flack. Car and Driver stated that from 30-70 mph, the BMW and Lexus are tied. Where is the torque advantage that the Lexus supposedly has? Or perhaps it wasn't the Lexus engine that was so bad, but the BMW's V8 being so good?

The Audi S5 was not really built to take on the M3, but is Audi's answer to the 335i. I think this car is more Grand Tourer than Track Champion.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 09:37 PM   #28
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Jimmy,

Nice to see your BMW enthusiasm shine through but to trash you competitors cars is not good salesmanship for the BMW brand. It not only appears heavily biased but a bit naive. I can go to a Lexus and Audi dealership tomorrow and hear the same thing from them but it will be the BMW that is trashed. So who is a guy to believe? I will tell you, the person to believe is the one who will acknowledges the weaknesses of the cars they
are enamored with as well as the strengths of their competitors. When I visit a car dealership, the thing that turns me off more than anything is when they start trashing the competitor...misinformed at best and selling a poor product at worst.

Anyway, thanks for posting your experience. I am jealous about your opportunity to test all the cars at once. What a great opportunity. Maybe next time you wouldn't mind telling us a positive thing about the other cars as well, in order to increase the knowledge base of the readers who frequent this forum.

By the way, as you can see my main car is a 91 Accord 5mt with plus 200k. One of the sweetist shifting trannies made. You are probably not impressed with my ride, but I sure am.
+1

I thought that you also have a Cayman S, don't you ruff? That's certainly something to respect.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2008, 10:14 PM   #29
gbb357
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkei View Post
Like myself, but I ignore such nonsense. Sometimes it's mind boggling to encounter such immaturity and arrogance for a car that cost upwards of $60,000.

As for the IS-F, I give Lexus a B+. They didn't achieve perfection, but what do you expect out of a carmaker that doesn't really make sporty cars like the IS-F? The IS-F has all the ingredients to take on the M3 and win comparison tests, but needs some fine tuning. The biggest knock on the IS-F is the engine. Instead of hearing raving reviews, it's gotten the most flack. Car and Driver stated that from 30-70 mph, the BMW and Lexus are tied. Where is the torque advantage that the Lexus supposedly has? Or perhaps it wasn't the Lexus engine that was so bad, but the BMW's V8 being so good?

The Audi S5 was not really built to take on the M3, but is Audi's answer to the 335i. I think this car is more Grand Tourer than Track Champion.
M3's engine is that good. Like how Bruce and Swamp had explained before, the M3's engine flat torque curve is amazing it is able to match or beat the Vette's performance even if it is 400lbs lighter and about 100+ more torque advantage.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #30
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

even tho the M3 has less torque than the ISF it has a larger spread or power band, the difference between peak torque and peak HP rpms. where as the rpm for peak HP and TQ of the ISF is much closer together.
      04-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #31
reinaldo335
First Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: m3 ZCP 6MT, on order 09 m3 6MT

i saw a s5 today, and all i have to say is wow!!!! much better than is-f, audi looks great in person, looks better than m3, but i still waiting for a m3 anyway. bmw have better resale value.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #32
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

wait for the RS5.
      04-24-2008, 12:10 AM   #33
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
M3's engine is that good. Like how Bruce and Swamp had explained before, the M3's engine flat torque curve is amazing it is able to match or beat the Vette's performance even if it is 400lbs lighter and about 100+ more torque advantage.
If you're talking about any Corvette previous to the 2008 model, I can see your point, otherwise I've yet to see the M3 outrun the '08 model. I'd like to see comparisons where both cars are tested before such a statement can be made. Car and Driver got the '08 from 0-60 in 4 seconds flat, covering the quarter mile in 12.4 seconds. I'd like to see the M3 match the Corvette's 1/4 time.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #34
gbb357
Captain
Rep

Quote:
If you're talking about any Corvette previous to the 2008 model, I can see your point, otherwise I've yet to see the M3 outrun the '08 model. I'd like to see comparisons where both cars are tested before such a statement can be made. Car and Driver got the '08 from 0-60 in 4 seconds flat, covering the quarter mile in 12.4 seconds. I'd like to see the M3 match the Corvette's 1/4 time.
Didn't realize the 08's where that quick. I just remember 0-60 of 4.3 and 12.7 1/4 mile from an 07. I stand corrected Bunkei. I did ask Swamp and Bruce that if it is possible that the M3 is a bit underrated, and if it is, it's still impressive to be able to be almost as quick as the Vette even though it's 400lbs heavier and has less power and torque.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2008, 02:57 PM   #35
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Its likely you will see that when they test a DCT.
      04-24-2008, 08:08 PM   #36
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

S5 = Beautiful!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #37
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJetE90 View Post
S5 = Beautiful!

RS5 = beautiful + more power =

but I'd still rather have an M3.
      04-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #38
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

i agree that the s5 is so pretty! i prefer m3, s5, then the is-f. is-f is so ugly though so i'd rather get the is 350 LOL.

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #39
sayemthree
Major General
Rep

i think Is-F would be about last on my list

1 - M3
2 - RS5
3 - AMG63
4 - G37 S
5 - 335i
6 - 550i
-
-
-
-
-
100 - IS-F
      05-21-2009, 03:11 PM   #40
jayely1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

335i is above the G37 come on now!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #41
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

i drove the isf before the m3, feels more powerful, but looks like it came out of tokyo drift and i dont like the interior. i think it is a solid car, but completely different feel than the m3, superior in some, lacking in others.
i dont think the s5 is comparable to either of these vehicles from a performance standpoint, yes its a good looking car- but, i actually love the look of the e92 m3 personally, so...
depends what you want, i think the c63 is a better choice than the isf though- if it wasnt for that hideous gauge cluster.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #42
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy13 View Post
Just got back from the ride and drive for BMW. OMG is all I have to say.

The ISF is a good try for Lexus but it is not even in the same playing field and the M3.

The ISF is very nose heavy and at high speeds it's tight but out of the corners it lacks the thrust. It is a good car for someone that has never driven a BMW and wants a performance car.

The S5 I must say I am very destroyed on how this car handled, my god what was Audi thinking. The breaks were spongy, the steering at high speeds plain and simple SUCK!!!!! I was going 80 and started to corner and I felt like the car was not in my control at all between the servos kicking in on the steering giving me under and over steering issues the dam all wheel drive went nuts. It felt like the car was floating ala a fast couch 

The really missed the boat on this car for true performance.

The M3 is the king, the best dam car I have driven and I drive all of the BMW's for work. This car handles like the prom queen getting it on for the first time tight and cleans. I hit 110 on a straight away and it was just asking for more and then I took the corner hard minimal body roll and it was incredible.

I must say if you had doubts about how this would handle at high speeds, it is a sure bet you will LOVE and Lust this M3.

The biggest lot of twaddle I have heard in ages.

I owned an S5 and now own an M3 and in no way would I say that the S5 was that dramatically different, well no to the extent that would warrant such comments, yes the M3 steers better no question about it but the S5's steering is just as precise but with less feel, the same is true for the brakes, with the M3 you get a bit more bit and feel but not to the extent that would make me class the Audi's as bad, it's just a performance class below the M3 that is all.

The S5 is actually better in many ways too, it's ride quality is better (at least UK cars), the seats are also more comfortable as it the steering wheel itself. The interior feels more special and the stereo is better (B&O vs Logic7), though the M3 has it easily beat on rear space. Looks is another thing that in my opinion the S5 is better, though with the 18" alloys on the M3 it does look meaner which is something I like.

As a daily drive and in spirited road speed driving the S5 gets and stays remarkably close to the M3 but it's on the track where the M3 will completely show the S5 up, where as the Audi is a really good street car with decent performance the M3 is an out and out racer in comparison.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #43
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
jimmy13,

Are you seriously a car salesman, somehow I doubt this as you can't even get the name right, it's Audi not Audio. I have owned the car in question (S5) for some months now and neither the brakes or steering is that bad, sure the M3 is better but the gap between them isn't as huge as you are making out.

It's surprising that some reviews have placed the S5 ahead of the M3 when compared, not an opinion I spare as I know the M3 is better but shows that things are closer than some clearly think, yourself included because in your eyes the two aren't even in the same ball park which is definitely wrong.

A very one sided opinion of the competition which may go down well with some here but doesn't win you any favours among the ones who know these cars better. Clearly to sale cars you neither have to know what you are talking about or have any driving skills what so ever.

God help you if your dealership ever changes brands as some serious back peddling will be required.
How many feckin cars do you own?? I know what who-er won the last EuroMillions jackpot
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 04:37 PM   #44
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
That guy you quoted reminds me of you, can't spell and poor vocabulary. Here are some of the more positive and realistic quotes and comments.

Like i said before, M3's and BMW in general are respected and everyone knows it's a better all around performance car. That's just reality and a fact. Your problem is you bash other brands and flame on others just for liking or owning another brand. Do you realize how many members here that does'nt own a BMW.
Speaking of vocabulary. That's
"Do you realize how many members here DON'T own a BMW"
Appreciate 0