United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F25 X3

Garage List
2017 X3  [0.00]
2009 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almuliman View Post
Agree on Demuro – I can't stand his voice (better than it was, granted), and his "Doug Score" is cringeworthy, at least IMO, maybe it has value to some. Having said that, I do occasionally watch his reviews of more esoteric hardware.

M539 Restorations is fantastic. Legit Street Cars is often good too, but other than M539, the only channels I don't miss content from are Savage Geese, Throttle House, and Harry's Garage.

Oh, and Everyday Driver (and their reviews 2nd channel) is often good.
M539 is the only channel that I've watched everything and not skiping.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 04:57 PM   #46
..Rush..
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E88

Agreed with you regarding your comments on ThicWhips..

It's become a marketing show for his car parts suppliers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerylist View Post
There are a lot of bad "car youtubers". Demuro isn't exciting or flashy but he covers a lot of cars and if you happen to be in the market for one he's reviewed I'd check out the video whatever vehicle.

Shmee150 is painful just because of his voice.

I liked some of what Tavarish does but the entire CarTrek series is painful to watch and not just Hoovie... Tavarish, Hoovie and Ed Bolian are all terrible.

The way you described Ed Bolian as someone that grew up with too much money is also how I feel about Derek Tam-Scott (ISSIMI). Rich Stanford kid... wouldn't have the opportunities he has without his family money but this is reflective of much of the world we live in.

Jon ThicWhips initially had some interesting content but always disappointed me because he'd talk about building the E90 M3 and OG M2 for the track but not once did they ever see the track which to me was a total waste. Then I realized that his entire channel is nothing more than a commercial for Kies Motorsports, Sunsational tint/wraps and all the other affiliates so that he can mod cars for significant discounts only to flip them... then wash & repeat ad infinitum.

Jason Cammisa & Randy Pobst to me are the best and after them no one is even remotely close.
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      12-31-2021, 05:29 PM   #47
gary_william
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

Cant stand Doug D, Scotty M, Samcrac, or Tavarish.

Greatly enjoy Throttlehouse, 5th Gear, Sweet Project Cars

Mildly enjoy Sarah n tuned.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 05:57 PM   #48
am3r1ka
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spammysammich View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
X2 on AutoTopNL
X3

and M539 Restorations
The restoration guy vids is therapeutic to me for some reason. Makes me want to make the same mistakes and fix on those old greats too.
      12-31-2021, 06:05 PM   #49
am3r1ka
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M340i

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
A few other notable people (don't know if some were already mentioned
Alaatin61 - Mostly POV vids
Carfection -Thorough reviews old & new
Donut Media - Some vids can be cringe, but they know their stuff
      12-31-2021, 06:27 PM   #50
Ultimateone
OG E46Fanatic
Rep
Drives: 24 Champ White CTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Rush.. View Post
It's become a marketing show for his car parts suppliers.
Hoonigan is basically a commercial channel at this point
Appreciate 1
..Rush..973.50
      12-31-2021, 06:50 PM   #51
wtwo3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
My list of favorite (These are channels I'll watch even if it's about a car model I have no interest in):

- Throttle House - Love the production value, the humor, the chemistry between James & Thomas.
- Donut Media - They can be a bit over the top in some of their humor, but the content is amazing. So much incredible information presented in an easy to understand way.
- Savage Geese - Yes I know they're super biased, often to a fault, but I still appreciate the deadpan humor and a lot of the technical walkthroughs with the car on the lift. Also I feel like Jack is one of those guys that "gets it". How speed and performance isn't necessarily synonymous with fun.
- Hagerty - Mainly for Jason Camisa. He knows his shit, and he's an awesome presenter.

My list of channels I don't love but don't hate (I'll watch something if I'm bored but I'm not particularly excited for the videos):

- Speed Labs (formerly Trackday TV) - This is a much lesser known channel, but I really enjoy the cinematography and overall production value. I also really appreciate the meaningful acceleration tests (i.e. 50-100) The reason I don't love the channel is because it isn't the most exciting content, and his reviews are pretty boring.
- Motoman TV - He provides good info and often gives interesting points of view. But there's just something off about it. It's one of those - I'll watch it for the different perspective, but I don't look forward to his videos.
- Remove Before Race - Mr. AMG himself. He has a lot of good info and I appreciate the cut away graphics showing quick visual comparisons of different models. But I find his stuff to be a bit dull.

My list of channels I don't like (These are channels where I'll pretty much only watch if it's about a car I'm personally interested in, or something really off the wall different, but otherwise there are just too many annoyances to keep me interested):

- Doug Demuro: Maybe it's just me but I don't find a half hour video highlighting things like how the instruction booklet case is made of the same leather as on your seat very interesting. Couple that with just Doug being generally annoying and it's not a good time. I actually enjoyed some of his older content back when he was doing things like daily driving a Ferrari 360 or taking a right hand drive skyline GTR through a drivethru. I thought they were chuckle-worthy.

- Straight Pipes: I don't mind the hosts. Yuri and Jacob actually seem like cool guys. It's just that their content isn't interesting at all. And the few little quirky challenges they have (visor test, box test, etc) were funny at first but now they're just old and annoying and repetitive.

These are just the ones I'm subscribed to. There's some out there that I don't even bother subscribing to and stay the hell away from because I find them intolerable (i.e. Scotty Kilmer, Shmee, etc)

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
..Rush..973.50
      12-31-2021, 07:46 PM   #52
R N M
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Ooof, that was harsh. I think she's cute but got too crazy as a bottle blonde and that is killing/thinning her hair, so it's ingenious she incorporated a cap in her logo so ppl get used to that look.

EDIT: dude, you diss SB but you cite this girl, who's pure fluff, does she contribute anything besides being like a Barker's beauties on the Price is Right? LOL.

If you wanna go for stuff like that, at least watch women w more substance, like Vicki-Butler Henderson or Anna on Roads haha.
Haha did I offend you because you like SBlondie?!
Both her and the girl I posted are not die hard car enthusiasts but at least the one above presents the information in a non-annoying manner. Also calling her pure fluff is offensive as you know zero about her.

I personally don’t watch any female auto youtubers.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 08:12 PM   #53
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

It's because people will buy or listen to or look at anything because there are far too many people with less than stellar intelligence...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 08:22 PM   #54
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
Haha did I offend you because you like SBlondie?!
Both her and the girl I posted are not die hard car enthusiasts but at least the one above presents the information in a non-annoying manner. Also calling her pure fluff is offensive as you know zero about her.

I personally don’t watch any female auto youtubers.
Offensive, really? Haha, I think I should ask you that question! How can you say that Tatenya (whatever the sp) isn't just going through the motions in a robotic manner like reading a script? Cmon.

They both aren't very knowledgeable but SB wins but virtue of having access to way more exclusive stuff. In any event, I couldn't care less about either and watch actual car enthusiasts *but* if I had to chose, it would be SB for the above reasons.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 10:24 AM   #55
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I enjoyed the motortrend series with Cassmina and probst and the chunky dude, thought they did a real good job.

Throttle House is good too.

There was an arty one that was good too, it of a wank fest at times but was good, what was it called... Petroliscious.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 12:32 PM   #56
mecheng77
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i / 2014 M235i

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I love how you describe Ed Boolian as quasi aristocratical voice. He uses words that I've never heard anyone use before and I've been to University. It's like he's trying to hard to sound more important than he is.

I like Throttle house the best. Great story telling? Good judgement about the cars and amazing video production and chemistry.

Savage geese is good with his technical reviews but I don't like his driving reviews, he seems too cynical
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 12:54 PM   #57
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_william View Post
Mildly enjoy Sarah n tuned.
I stumbled into her channel a couple of years ago and thought it was a joke at first.. but she's actually a REALLY talented wrench and her stuff is pretty funny too. She's nearby up in Tucson. Rumor has it that "she" used to be a "he". No idea if that's true (and don't care).

I met Cammisa in 2000 at Waterfest in New Jersey. He was part of the scirocco.org mailing list that I was a member of for years. A buttload of the Scirocco gang from all over the country converged on that show. Cammisa was fresh out of college at the time. He still owns and loves that Scirocco today. I think he's the most talented presenter on YouTube today. He would probably be making a very handsome living if he were to go solo and do his own channel.
Almuliman465.50
      01-01-2022, 01:40 PM   #58
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I stumbled into her channel a couple of years ago and thought it was a joke at first.. but she's actually a REALLY talented wrench and her stuff is pretty funny too. She's nearby up in Tucson. Rumor has it that "she" used to be a "he". No idea if that's true (and don't care).
I think it's true and not a rumor (supposedly she had an entire YT channel before devoted to her transition but it's now gone) but like you said, it's not a big deal, she has a car channel, not like she's trying to get a sugar daddy or something. Yep, she seems to be quite talented wrenching cars.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 02:12 PM   #59
erawamai
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Autogefuehl is very good - very thorough reviews and ze proper German accent certainly adds to the experience. Carwow - mixed bag, some good reviews but mostly entertainment a la drag races. Can’t stand Redline Reviews - that Sofyan guy has no idea what he is talking about. Alex on Autos is much better. Straight Pipes - very unnerving to watch, same jokes and rituals over and over again, including that bizarre simultaneous unhinging of the sun visors (what’s that all about?).
I'm always surprised that Soyfan has followers.

I've been watching and he says something and I have the same thought in my head 'Um, what?'.

IMO

- Jason Camissa is entertaining. Will always click/watch.
- Savagegeese and Jack Singapore are great. Will always click/watch.
- Tedward. Will always click/watch. It's like test driving cars without test driving.
- The Topher. Will always click/watch. It's like test driving cars without test driving. He is a very soft reviewer, however. Never really touches on the downsides.
- Doug is OK. He has access to decent cars. I can deal with his schtick my wife cannot stand him. I'll only watch if he has access to a specific car.
- Car wow is getting goofier and goofier. I find I'm watching less and less. He is better when he is doing more serious reviews. At least he addresses some downsides.
- Alex on Autos - nothing against Alex but I tend not to watch him. I find his videos a bit slow but he has his format. I think he may need to mix it up a bit with some pov driving.
- Straight pipes are OK - I don't mind listening to what they have to say. I prefer Throttle house. A little more serious and their insight is a little deeper.
- Autogefuehl is good. His videos are long and could benefit from more structure. He likes vegan leather!
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7834.00
      01-01-2022, 02:21 PM   #60
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Was CarWow the guy using a branch to poke through all the openings of the McLaren 720S? That was nerve-wracking/cringey. Also, those useless drag races.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 02:31 PM   #61
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Was CarWow the guy using a branch to poke through all the openings of the McLaren 720S? That was nerve-wracking/cringey. Also, those useless drag races.
Yes, that’s the Carwow stick of truth. He also recently received a gift from Rimac, a carbon fiber stick, that looks like a sex toy.
Appreciate 2
540iSUP703.00
      01-01-2022, 02:36 PM   #62
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Yes, that’s the Carwow stick of truth. He also recently received a gift from Rimac, a carbon fiber stick, that looks like a sex toy.
I remember that too haha, I watch way too much YT.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 02:44 PM   #63
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Instead of listing all the ones I can't stand and just come off as masturbatory ego stroking, I'll just list the ones I like.

Doug Demuro - The detail he puts into the quirks and features makes up for the lack in technical info and driving. He's successful because he comes off like a normal guy and doesn't try so hard to impress the kids.

Donut Media - Still not sure how much of this is "produced" but their content is digestible, pretty amusing, but also informative. They also come across as normal people you come across at local HPDE's and car meets.

Straight Pipes - I like that there are two points of view, they seem pretty non-self congradulatory

Vinwiki Stories - just great car stories. I don't really have an interest in CarTrek or whatever it is they do, I just like different stories from different people

SavageGeese - informative, in depth, knowledgable, slightly curmudgeon-y. No bullshit, technical info. Refreshing in the sense that it caters to what I like in performance cars.

Hagerty - Specifically Jason Cammisa's contributions. Great content, well executed, well edited, well written and hugely entertaining and engaging.

There are a few more like Tommy L Garage that I like... I'm sure more will come to mind.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 02:45 PM   #64
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I remember that too haha, I watch way too much YT.
My working day consists of whole bunch of Zoom meetings - I watch YT in-between…
Appreciate 1
WolfGTI716.00
      01-01-2022, 04:12 PM   #65
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

The ones who talk about/reviews cars and don't just use Youtube as a means of flaunting their ridiculous wealth are fine with me. Doug for instance (even though he has an older GT40) is fine.

The ones who suck are the "Taking deliver of my new XXXXXX!!" for the 1000th time. Who gives a shit, it's self aggrandizing fuckery like that Schmee guy. Him taking delivery of some new car while spitting through the whole video all over said car gets old extremely fast (not to mention gross).
Appreciate 3
jmg18657.00
jzmundy991.00
..Rush..973.50
      01-01-2022, 06:44 PM   #66
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Don't think anyone mentioned this gentleman Davide Cironi, he's very good and drives very well the most beautiful cars.

Appreciate 0