BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

03-28-2024, 08:51 AM   #1
alphinef44
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Smile Recommended Tune For M235i

Big shouts to navardi tuned. At first my car was having problems I didn't even know about until he remoted into my car using ISTA and showed me everything I needed to be fixed to continue tuning, he also has a wiki on his website that shows the correct service intervals for this car. After everything got fixed we continued tuning but got a spark plug service interval code that was limiting power and it wouldn't remove after multiple attempts. Navardi found out a solution to it and got it removed which led us to successful tuning. starting out on a stage 2 93 octane ots map I thought this car was a race car and thought I was unbeatable. Well on this new map It feels even more alive ( feels literally like we doubled the power). The new map that I am on is a stage 1 e85 tune that runs 25-27 psi in the turbo. In this hot florida heat I took the car out for a run and got a 12.6 1/4 mile on the street which wasn't 100% straight. After a few my car was dropping boost during gearshifts which led to slower times and less feeling of power. Navardi asked for a log of 2-7k rpm in third and we got all logs done within a hour and revisions as well. Now the car doesn't drop boost at all and holds power . with it not dropping boost like it was to 20 psi , I am looking at a .2-.4. increase in times as well so Hopefully I will be running 12.2-12.4. This car definitely came a long way and I still have more to go. When I get my catless downpipe and Intercooler I will be going up to 30 psi on stock turbo and I am looking forward at being in the 11s on stock turbo. If you are looking to get tuned I would definitely go to navardi for it!
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2024, 10:12 PM   #2
LeroyJenkins340
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i GC

I remember reading a post of a guy hitting 13.0 at 3100 ft elevation stock. I could be wrong but 12.6 doesn’t seem that great if you’re in FL with a tune. Not trying to be negative here. In any case since you say it feels like a significant jump in power, how has the transmission been handling that? I’ve read our trans is the limiting factor when considering adding power.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 06:48 AM   #3
alphinef44
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeroyJenkins340 View Post
I remember reading a post of a guy hitting 13.0 at 3100 ft elevation stock. I could be wrong but 12.6 doesn’t seem that great if you’re in FL with a tune. Not trying to be negative here. In any case since you say it feels like a significant jump in power, how has the transmission been handling that? I’ve read our trans is the limiting factor when considering adding power.
Yes here in fl its bad. We have a very high density altitude that slows times down. The jump in power is noticeable when racing too because stock I raced my friends challenger r/t with a few mods and would lose by 2 or 3 cars roll racing him when stock. Now I beat him by 3 or 4 cars on rolls so there is definitely power there. I just did a quarter mile time yesterday with my new intercooler and had no heat soak but my car was cutting power so my tuner is going to fix that . The time I ran yesterday was a 12.4 which is the fastest time that has been recorded with this car. With the tune revision I could see this car running 12.3.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 06:50 AM   #4
alphinef44
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The trans is fine . The only real problem is that the car will need a good tune to get smooth gear shifting. With mine I don't see any problems .
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 08:45 PM   #5
LeroyJenkins340
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i GC

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a visible power jump saying you have a 4-6 car length swing on your friend. Have you dyno’d? How are you doing the 1/4? It doesn’t sound like you brought it to the track.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2024, 06:53 AM   #6
alphinef44
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a visible power jump saying you have a 4-6 car length swing on your friend. Have you dyno’d? How are you doing the 1/4? It doesn’t sound like you brought it to the track.
I was testing this on a back road. I believe if I ran it here on the track I would get way better times. Just 2 nights ago I race a fbo e85 sq5 and a s3 and was neck and neck with both so its definitely noticeable that these cars are quick . Got a lot of compliments from the people I raced and they said cars don't usually keep up with them on digs.
Appreciate 0