BIMMERPOST Universal Forums General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-17-2022, 07:42 PM   #23
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
Lol maybe I flunked Excel graph class but putting Tesla all the way at the bottom even though the score is higher than Jag, Land Rover, and Alfa…
Again, think about what the top auto mfg’s had to deal with over the years… Tesla has been around for way less (mass volume wise) than them.

I’ve been in auto manufacturing for many years… even though it sounds like I’m defending Tesla to a large degree, I am wary of their long term business practices such as spare parts long term, lack of PR department and a sense of a walled off customer service process. It’s not perfect but they are quite the disruptive force to a large industry.
Though, the Model Y delaminating roof, the Model 3 bumper detachment, the Model X front suspension fracture and the original Tesla Roadster battery bricking are monumental.
I'm tempted to think that social media (don't asl me to explain how ) can give corporations reprieve that thirty years ago would have sunk a start up.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 07:47 PM   #24
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Lol maybe I flunked Excel graph class but putting Tesla all the way at the bottom even though the score is higher than Jag, Land Rover, and Alfa…
Again, think about what the top auto mfg’s had to deal with over the years… Tesla has been around for way less (mass volume wise) than them.

I’ve been in auto manufacturing for many years… even though it sounds like I’m defending Tesla to a large degree, I am wary of their long term business practices such as spare parts long term, lack of PR department and a sense of a walled off customer service process. It’s not perfect but they are quite the disruptive force to a large industry.
here is why Tesla wasn’t ranked.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 07:51 PM   #25
Bluer2
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

fuck Tesla cars. I love the stock though
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7833.00
jacbo78.50
      01-17-2022, 07:51 PM   #26
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
here is why Tesla wasn’t ranked.
A little insight into how Tesla operates

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/15/tesl...usk-probe.html
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7833.00
heavyD^23684.00
      01-17-2022, 09:15 PM   #27
Rich.Wolfson
Thaumaturge
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Can you even drive the car at all with no brake pads???
I don't have a Tesla nor do I know what the calipers actually look like. That said, my 2¢ says the pads was there when delivered but one might have been not in correctly or whatever pins or clips that were supposed to be there were not. Actually perhaps both were missing their retainers. And consequently, the a pad was ejected.

Interestingly I would think when that happened the pedal would have gone to the floor rather than simply making a noise. But again, I have not seen it so what I am saying may be complete horse s*it.

///Rich
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 10:14 PM   #28
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caravaggio View Post
Though, the Model Y delaminating roof, the Model 3 bumper detachment, the Model X front suspension fracture and the original Tesla Roadster battery bricking are monumental.
I'm tempted to think that social media (don't asl me to explain how ) can give corporations reprieve that thirty years ago would have sunk a start up.
BMW had issues with incorrect welds on roofs, the whole E46 subframe issue, liquid spillage in the cup holders causing electrical shorts. GM had the ignition issue. Toyota had the floor mat accelerator issue. Hyundai has major engine issues, Honda has engine and transmission issues. Subaru has engine issues. I’m sure other mfg has had suspension issues, another poster stated his Mercedes had a brake pad come missing.

My Tesla has also had its fair share of weird things happen and I’m not entirely fond of it’s Autopilot but sometimes things happen when you’re on the forefront of technology. Tesla is just another company making cars but because they’re a bit unconventional, the microscope tends to focus on them. How many ICE cars catch fire a day? One Tesla goes up in flames and it’s on the 10:00 news cycle.

Hopefully Tesla gets their sh!t in order soon but I’m on the interest list for the iXM60. Let’s see what BMW can do with EV’s!
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2022, 10:29 PM   #29
overcoil
Major General
Rep

Quote:
BMW had issues with incorrect welds on roofs, the whole E46 subframe issue, liquid spillage in the cup holders causing electrical shorts. GM had the ignition issue. Toyota had the floor mat accelerator issue. Hyundai has major engine issues, Honda has engine and transmission issues. Subaru has engine issues. I’m sure other mfg has had suspension issues, another poster stated his Mercedes had a brake pad come missing.

My Tesla has also had its fair share of weird things happen and I’m not entirely fond of it’s Autopilot but sometimes things happen when you’re on the forefront of technology. Tesla is just another company making cars but because they’re a bit unconventional, the microscope tends to focus on them. How many ICE cars catch fire a day? One Tesla goes up in flames and it’s on the 10:00 news cycle.

Hopefully Tesla gets their sh!t in order soon but I’m on the interest list for the iXM60. Let’s see what BMW can do with EV’s!
I agree with you.
But Tesla's market capitalization and sales numbers are extraordinary considering where it ranks in quality on J.D Power and Consumer Reports. But technology has transformed how people shop cars. But it does seem the Tesla drivetrain is stellar
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 09:25 AM   #30
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:51 AM   #31
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Tesla is bad. Like very bad.
That’ll get fixed with an OTA update from Tesla.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2022, 10:52 PM   #32
BeeM3h
I’m here
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 F80

Tell me why this reminded me of the movie ‘Speed’ 😆
Appreciate 0