BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

02-12-2021, 08:40 AM   #1
Howser1979
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 120d x drive

M235i Gran Coupe

I'm new to the page and looking for some advice. I'm very close to placing an order for a new M235i X-drive and would like some information on fuel consumption. I appreciate it's all down to how you drive and you don't buy a car like this to worry about fuel consumption but some advice would be helpful

I have a 100 mile daily commute to work with 80 of those miles on a dual carriageway with average speed cameras so it would be sitting at 75mph +/- and in cruise control. What should i expect the MPG to be?

I currently have a 120d x-drive (my second one) but i'm looking for something bigger and i'm getting a great deal on the M235i
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2021, 01:20 PM   #2
RobbieDouglas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howser1979 View Post
I'm new to the page and looking for some advice. I'm very close to placing an order for a new M235i X-drive and would like some information on fuel consumption. I appreciate it's all down to how you drive and you don't buy a car like this to worry about fuel consumption but some advice would be helpful

I have a 100 mile daily commute to work with 80 of those miles on a dual carriageway with average speed cameras so it would be sitting at 75mph +/- and in cruise control. What should i expect the MPG to be?

I currently have a 120d x-drive (my second one) but i'm looking for something bigger and i'm getting a great deal on the M235i
If you are in comfort mode driving at an average of 70-75ish the fuel consumption isn't actually too bad. I done a trip from London up to Edinburgh and averaged about 34-35mpg.

I now average about 17-19mpg with city driving, albeit driving quite enthusiastically 😂
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 08:46 AM   #3
rat1977
Private
Rep
Drives: 2series M235i

have you had any details on the lead-time as i have been waiting 7 months for mine now!!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #4
wilsouk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Fuel Consumption

I picked the same car up last week and have driven on mainly main roads and have been taking it easy in comfort mode and after around 400 miles are averaging 39 mpg.
Looking at the graph for the journey data since it was registered I suspect at some points I have been in the mid to high 40's when on the A1 and M1.
This is a lot more than I ever expected and I have put my foot down a few times to test the acceleration and done some driving in the local city centre. I am aware once I start driving this as it should be driven in sport mode this will reduce a lot.
What pleases me is these are almost two cars in one and when you take it easy on long distances the mpg is respectable. On the flip side you have lots of power when needed and can't wait to get this on some country lanes to have some fun in sport and are expecting the mpg to be in the low 20's when I do this, which is fine as I bought this to enjoy.
Hope this helps and these are an amazing drive and the seats are the most comfortable I have ever had.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 07:45 AM   #5
HF44x
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat1977 View Post
have you had any details on the lead-time as i have been waiting 7 months for mine now!!
I ordered mine in September 2021 and have been told its scheduled for late Feb/ early March 2022 now after originally being told the new year.
Appreciate 0