BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

10-12-2021, 10:54 AM   #1
Bon124
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2

New here… seemingly bad luck with delivery

Hi All,
New here from UK… hello all!
I’ve had what seems like no luck with the dealership/delivery of a 2GC ordered in May 2021.
Dealership says it’s been stuck on build for around 4 weeks no, with no further update from BMW and won’t provide the build number despite several requests.
Anyone else had such a long and seemingly unending wait?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 07:24 PM   #2
Mickm235i
Registered
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe M235i

Waiting for new build

Same issues here, although received a call this morning saying car was in the UK and just arrived at the garage. I have to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.
Been a very long wait (April 21), with very little information from BMW along the way.
Hopefully you wont need to wait too much longer mate 👍
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:50 AM   #3
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

Blimey that is long, I'm in the uk and ordered mine for a factory build on the 12th April and collected it on the 28th May...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 11:01 AM   #4
GunsmokeThomo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 218 Gran Coupe M Sport

Garage List
Same same..

I have been given the same bad news. Initially told it was on time, now over a month delayed. The current issues with HGV drivers delivering the new vehicles are bound to become the next issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 01:23 PM   #5
BillQuarter
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2 series 218i Grand Coupe

Ordered my car back in June, and have just been informed the car has now been built, and awaiting shipment from Germany! Should arrive at the dealers at the end of this month or the start of November.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2021, 06:32 AM   #6
Jaffa 2gc
Rep
Drives: M235i

Hi there new to forum I just got mine yesterday after over a 4 month wait 😎😎
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 08:46 AM   #7
Bon124
Registered
Rep

Finally received an update today that it has been built and on its way to the UK, although still in Germany. I’m not holding my breath, pretty sure the HGV driver issue will be the next delay 🤣
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 02:49 PM   #8
Bon124
Registered
Rep

Finally!!!! Car collection is tomorrow after a very long 6 months! Cannot wait
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 02:50 AM   #9
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

Enjoy, and pictures please...
      11-13-2021, 09:22 AM   #10
BillQuarter
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2 series 218i Grand Coupe

Picked my New 218i Msport GC from the dealers at the end of last month. I love the car and the colour. It was worth the wait!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2021, 12:24 PM   #11
Olddriver60
Olddriver60
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F44 218i sport GC Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartetrbill View Post
Picked my New 218i Msport GC from the dealers at the end of last month. I love the car and the colour. It was worth the wait!
Good choice of parking space! Hopefully minimises the nightmare scenario of returning to the car to find that a beat up old banger has parked up close & personal next to you!

Skyscraper grey certainly shines in the autumn sunshine
      11-14-2021, 03:23 AM   #12
wilsouk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Also waiting for new build. You are not alone with a delay

Hi, I ordered a M235i in June and the dealers confirmed the car was built on the 27/10 and now had a chassis number. Up until Wednesday last week (09/11) it was scheduled to be delivered the week commencing 15/11 (tomorrow).
After chasing it again last week I was eventually advised, after the dealers contacted BMW, this is still awaiting rework as I ordered all the packs and just about every extra you can buy. BMW now cannot give me an estimated delivery date due to the shortage of chips and simply state in their reply to the dealership existing customers orders will be prioritised.
I will continue to chase the dealership every week but now suspect I will be lucky to get this delivered before Xmas.
This is not what I wanted to hear and you are not alone with a delay and do share your frustration as are really looking forward to receiving the car and confident once it is delivered will not be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2021, 08:58 AM   #13
cc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, GT4, M2 M140i G40

My car has been stuck at German port of exit for 3 weeks. Apparently it's fully built. Seems their shipping schedule is disrupted by so many incomplete cars still at the factory awaiting bits
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 10:29 AM   #14
GunsmokeThomo
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 218 Gran Coupe M Sport

Garage List
I was due delivery last month, then this month, now January. I can't wait to get my hands on mine either. I too have added extras/packs. I'm sure it will be worth it, a nice long drive will be planned for after delivery!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 09:36 AM   #15
rat1977
Private
Rep
Drives: 2series M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsouk View Post
Hi, I ordered a M235i in June and the dealers confirmed the car was built on the 27/10 and now had a chassis number. Up until Wednesday last week (09/11) it was scheduled to be delivered the week commencing 15/11 (tomorrow).
After chasing it again last week I was eventually advised, after the dealers contacted BMW, this is still awaiting rework as I ordered all the packs and just about every extra you can buy. BMW now cannot give me an estimated delivery date due to the shortage of chips and simply state in their reply to the dealership existing customers orders will be prioritised.
I will continue to chase the dealership every week but now suspect I will be lucky to get this delivered before Xmas.
This is not what I wanted to hear and you are not alone with a delay and do share your frustration as are really looking forward to receiving the car and confident once it is delivered will not be disappointed.
Yeah I ordered mine in June 2021 and been told 7 different dates for production now, currently showing as Feb 2022 !! I am unsure when the dealers actually ordered this
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 07:43 AM   #16
HF44x
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat1977 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsouk View Post
Yeah I ordered mine in June 2021 and been told 7 different dates for production now, currently showing as Feb 2022 !! I am unsure when the dealers actually ordered this

I ordered mine in September 2021 and have been told its scheduled for late Feb/ early March 2022 now after originally being told the new year. Hopefully you get yours sooner than what you'v been told!
Appreciate 0