BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum 2017+ BMW 5 Series (G30) General Discussions Individual colours, shocking choices.

02-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #23
FadyDizzle
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: -

You get more colors with a Nissan? Maybe on the exterior (although you don't, but I'll assume exaggeration in your comment)...but wouldn't you prefer more color choices on the interior since that's where you spend most of your time on the car? Not many other manufacturers have more than 3 interior color choices, especially not a Nissan (or any of the mainstream cars that don't compete with this anyway).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 09:30 PM   #24
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
We just completed an X5 order for my wife, the colours available proved to be very disappointing for car at that price, and now with the G30 options published, frankly I am puzzled, the choice of colours still a complete non sense.
I am amazed how the Individual selection is very close to existing standard colours, for God sake can the colour department get their act together, it is simply the most boring selection, you get more choices with a Nisan.
you should take a lesson on supply and demand
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 09:58 PM   #25
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Going back to my point you can not argue the choice of colors for the G30 is any special or merit the Individual tag, it limited and boring.
Commission an Individual Manufaktur build then. The car just launched and ramp up takes time.

http://www.bimmerpost.com/goodiesfor...work-Guide.pdf
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 08:58 AM   #26
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

What about staying on subject of this tread "Premium" car with so called "Individual" colors, I am not sure how this is linked to supply and demand.
Here in Ireland with have a 2nd tax applies with on average 10 to 15k Euros more than UK prices next door to us, also applied to options.

But spot on! I guess BMW is now just like Ford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6IX-F10-N52 View Post
you should take a lesson on supply and demand
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 09:17 AM   #27
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
What about staying on subject of this tread "Premium" car with so called "Individual" colors, I am not sure how this is linked to supply and demand.
Here in Ireland with have a 2nd tax applies with on average 10 to 15k Euros more than UK prices next door to us, also applied to options.

almost every BMW on the street is some boring colour like gray, black, silver or white. I think they choose specific models for the individual colours depending on market demand, because the consumers are known to just stick to boring colours.

they're not gonna offer colours that the majority of people wont pick for that specific model.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 09:59 AM   #28
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:

BMW Plants are Lean Six Sigma operations. The car just launched for retail and additional colors beyond what are already available on same line existing models will not be added until the QC pre processes have been tested.
Appreciate 0