E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Question about adding music through USB

04-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #1
KMEninety335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Monaco Blue 335i xdrive

Garage List
Question about adding music through USB

So this is going to be a weird question and I'm not sure exactly how to explain it but here it goes. I have a 2gb USB flash drive that I put music on and then upload it into the car. Recently, when I add music into the car and play a song (only some songs) it will sound like another song is playing over that song or it'll have the ending of another song in it. It sounds like it is a continuation of another song sometimes.. It is really weird.

I wanted to know if anyone else has seen or dealt with that before. I am going to format the USB and see if that is the problem but I wanted to see if anyone else has any input.

Thank you
2010 E90 335i xdrive | Monaco Blue with Black Interior | All Packages except Sport :/ | Apex EC-7 | Active Autowerke Strut Bar | Roc Euro DCI | Roc Euro Hyperboost DVs | aFe Scoops | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #2
Thedirtymex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i cabrio M sport

That happened to me when I tried to pull music from an older version iPod. Songs were mislabeled and started and stopped randomly in a track.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
KMEninety335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedirtymex View Post
That happened to me when I tried to pull music from an older version iPod. Songs were mislabeled and started and stopped randomly in a track.
Hmm any fix? I just downloaded the songs last night. All the other songs that are on the idrive already are just fine. A few of the songs I downloaded are just fine but the others are doing that. I played the songs on my comp before I put it on my usb and they were fine.
2010 E90 335i xdrive | Monaco Blue with Black Interior | All Packages except Sport :/ | Apex EC-7 | Active Autowerke Strut Bar | Roc Euro DCI | Roc Euro Hyperboost DVs | aFe Scoops | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #4
Thedirtymex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i cabrio M sport

Not too sure then mate. The car shouldn't be trying to change anything on the track just copy it across. If your downloading from iTunes it could be some kind of anti piracy thing. Because you should be only listening to those songs on 1 computer. Fucking apple.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 08:57 AM   #5
KMEninety335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
No No. I don't like Apple lol I fixed it by wiping everything and starting fresh. Seems like it is working well now. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 09:10 AM   #6
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

that makes no sense. apple music is DRM-free. you can listen to it on as many devices as you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedirtymex View Post
Not too sure then mate. The car shouldn't be trying to change anything on the track just copy it across. If your downloading from iTunes it could be some kind of anti piracy thing. Because you should be only listening to those songs on 1 computer. Fucking apple.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0