BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

03-03-2022, 08:42 AM   #1
CyberYYZ
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Horn stopped working

Wondering if anyone has ever had an issue with their horn? I drive a 2021 M235i Gran Coupe here in Canada. A few weeks ago i tried to use the horn and it was kind unsure and then finally worked.

This morning, (cold morning -15C) after a warm day yesterday in an indoor parking garage it worked like a little beep but would not continuously honk when holding the horn button on steering wheel and then nothing (totally dead)

Called dealer to bring tomorrow as this is a serious safety issue and wanted to share and crowd source thoughts, comments.

thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 09:19 AM   #2
Murat Aydinoglu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328 , 2012 e93 , 2016 f36

Mine came dead from factory... In the past i had few occasions where the high pitch horn blowing. The dealer will cover it and most likely will replace both under warranty. Just a side note it can also be a fuse issue but in my case it was the faulty horn.

cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 08:20 PM   #3
CyberYYZ
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat Aydinoglu View Post
Mine came dead from factory... In the past i had few occasions where the high pitch horn blowing. The dealer will cover it and most likely will replace both under warranty. Just a side note it can also be a fuse issue but in my case it was the faulty horn.

cheers
Update at the end of the day the horn is now working fine?

Any further thoughts on what the issue might be now?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 09:06 PM   #4
Murat Aydinoglu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Hi,
Sorry for not being clear previously. The horn issue was gone after the replacing of both horns. In your case i am pretty sure they will do the same since a blown fuse will actually never work again. There is a possibly and if you are hand you can check if the fuse is loose. Another way to check if it is fuse is by following the diagram and if it is sharing fuse with another item verify that guy works. Mine was like said dead on arrival but my previous 4 series made a funny short clown sound when pressed which again got replaced for both. The main question you might ask is how long will it take. Due to parts etc here in Florida i had a loaner for about 4 days...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 09:08 PM   #5
Murat Aydinoglu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

These were the parts if you are interestes
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=61_6272
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 10:48 AM   #6
CyberYYZ
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat Aydinoglu View Post
Hi,
Sorry for not being clear previously. The horn issue was gone after the replacing of both horns. In your case i am pretty sure they will do the same since a blown fuse will actually never work again. There is a possibly and if you are hand you can check if the fuse is loose. Another way to check if it is fuse is by following the diagram and if it is sharing fuse with another item verify that guy works. Mine was like said dead on arrival but my previous 4 series made a funny short clown sound when pressed which again got replaced for both. The main question you might ask is how long will it take. Due to parts etc here in Florida i had a loaner for about 4 days...
Thank you for the details as they are most appreciated.

I went to the dealer this morning and the technician tested and advised that "they are seeing it show faults" and have ordered new horns (i guess there are more than one)

Will be back next Friday to have the new horns installed.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 01:58 PM   #7
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

Horn high pitch and horn low pitch is a dead giveaway there will be two 😁
Appreciate 0