E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Beware of dtmrack!

03-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #67
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTMrack.com View Post
We will happily provide a screenshot from paypal showing that Merlin was refund in full.
That's not the whole story though is it?

I'm assuming that between you and Alufelgen you have managed to get the UK thread pulled?

If it was, well done, as it says more about both your companies than the UK poster, and smacks of censorship.

Is the truth really that worrying to you?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #68
QLD
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI E92 - Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post

I'm assuming that between you and Alufelgen you have managed to get the UK thread pulled?
If that is true... that would be the most foolish thing they could have done.

If they thought customers and proposed customers were furious before... look out friends, for they ain't seen nothin' yet.

The fury over on the UK board if this post is not reinstated will be going viral - I'd suggest not too good for business.

Get the post reinstated immediately.

..sweet torquin' diesel!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #69
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Quote:
We will happily provide a screenshot from paypal showing that Merlin was refund in full.
What about the delay in processing the refund which meant that Merlin didn't actually get a full refund to the same value in Sterling as he paid you due to the change in exchange rates?

Merlin has taken all the pain on this one so far and DTMrack and Alufelgen have taken the "teflon" (aka. shit don't stick) approach to it
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #70
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

So now you want a company to be responsible for exchange rates? lol
      03-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #71
Tarthuss
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Why is everything said with so much hostility?

The thread was probably pulled because it was placed in the wrong section. It was probably pulled because in the USA it is illegal to post email communication like the ones he posted. There were so many forum violations I was surprised it didn't get shut down quicker.

Look, I'm no here to take sides, but if everything that happens is going to be blamed on the companies being addressed then this thread is absolutely worthless.

I honestly can't see where the problem is. Sure you don't have the wheels you wanted (Merlin) but the company refunded you the money, even before they ensured the package was sent back.

I just can't see where the rational of "man they are SO messed up".
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #72
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarthuss View Post

The thread was probably pulled because it was placed in the wrong section. It was probably pulled because in the USA it is illegal to post email communication like the ones he posted. There were so many forum violations I was surprised it didn't get shut down quicker.

Look, I'm no here to take sides, but if everything that happens is going to be blamed on the companies being addressed then this thread is absolutely worthless.

I honestly can't see where the problem is. Sure you don't have the wheels you wanted (Merlin) but the company refunded you the money, even before they ensured the package was sent back.

:werd:
      03-20-2011, 06:46 PM   #73
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarthuss View Post

The thread was probably pulled because it was placed in the wrong section.

It was placed where the majority of UK users would read it, so yes for Alufelgen and DTM it was in the wrong section,we wouldn't want any bad press to befall a sponsor would we?

It was probably pulled because in the USA it is illegal to post email communication like the ones he posted. There were so many forum violations I was surprised it didn't get shut down quicker.

It might be illegal in the US, but it was in the UK section, so not relevant, the same thread in this section was closed, why was it not pulled completely?

So who is to blame?
If there was no problem, the thread (that has been pulled) would not have been here to read and comment on, and then to disappear.

With respect, you need to read his (merlin) thread again, your last sentence is far from correct

Really, that is quite concerning!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #74
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

I received a PM from DTM nd they asked me to read their post on Page 3. I read that and all other posts here and must say that both sides seem to have legitamite complaints and also areas where they are being a bit irrational.

DTM....BPower has a point in that your area code is listed as 786 (Miami) and NOT Pacific Standard Time,..so it is not unreasonable to have him think you would respond more promptly. Also his second set of wheels did look different and as if there was irregular coating from one wheel to the next as I saw in the pics,...especially on the hub. However, they were not chipped. They were equally irregular in the same spots on the second wheel,...as far as I coould tell. If I were you I would just refund his money and call it a day if he wanted to send you the rims back. Just sell them as a premounted set at a discount to make some money off of them or at least break even and be done with it. I do NOT blame you for responding on here to respond to him as you should if someone says something negative about you. I just think you guys are getting too much negative attention and should probably reevaluate how you guys could do things to prevent these missunderstandings. If you have a EST areacode I would start with answering the phone at the EST... Also, I realize things dont always go right but it does sound like you guys gave a few too many excuses for things. 2 sayings I learned a long time ago have served me well in business...#1) Assume nothing and trust no one...if your mother says she loves you ..CHECK IT OUT!! #2) Perception is reality. You guys should work on those and perhaps avoid threads being posted like this.

BPower,...I think you are going a bit too far and making mountains out of mole hills. The wheels were not chipped this time around but were not evenly coated on the inside of the hub as shown in your second pic. If they were not up to your satisfaction you should have sent them back and just asked for a refund and bought wheels elsewhere. I think this has become too hostile a thread for such a minor thing in the grand scheme of things that could go wrong with ordering a product. You should have more important things to do than waste time with this sort of nonsense. Just move on and let your wallet do the talking. Companies that are not reputable do not last long. So only time will tell what will happen to DTMrack. Successful companies make money even in this economy,...the below average ones will not.

GL to all involved.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 04:57 AM   #75
jabroni80
First Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F11 520 M Sport Touring

B power sounds like you need to chill out..... Your getting a replacement set! Fair enough try drag alufelgens name thro the dirt if they left you with the original set but they aren't.
I think your being pretty unreasonable with this thread and it looks like others see this.

Ps Im not the type of guy who has money to burn but i don't see what that and the fact that your in the military has got to do with this???
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #76
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Bpower deleted all of his posts. I wonder why the change of heart.

Oddly enough he went through the trouble of sending me an unsolicited PM the other day. How nutty is this?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpower View Post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like you are 3 bricks short of a load. LOL
      03-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #77
mikracer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 335i sedan

interesting...
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 10:39 AM   #78
DTMrack.com
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

That's because he posted that he had mounted the set on his vehicle amongst other things. He was warned that a replacement sets aren't given if the wheels have Ben mounted.

Since then he contacted both Alufelgen and us about a replacement, or to face a lawsuit. When we told him about him mounting the wheels he immediately came on here and deleted that post, and then proceeded to delete all other posts.

Good thing we always save Feedback threads to keep records
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 10:52 AM   #79
Weebl
Weebl wobbles but eats Pie
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 d,2008 335i, 2000 740i

^
2000 740i-Annalisa (sold 2018) 2008 335i-Weebl. Weebl may wobble but has DTC 2012 X5d in Sparkling Bronze ( The Ultimate Cat Carrying Machine)-RIP BMW buyback 2019:2017 A3, 2018 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #80
cssnms
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335d

Quote:
That's because he posted that he had mounted the set on his vehicle amongst other things. He was warned that a replacement sets aren't given if the wheels have Ben mounted.

Since then he contacted both Alufelgen and us about a replacement, or to face a lawsuit. When we told him about him mounting the wheels he immediately came on here and deleted that post, and then proceeded to delete all other posts.

WOW, just WOW... This thread and his posts just reek of !
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2011, 11:13 AM   #81
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

lol
      03-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #82
Bpower
Banned
Rep
Drives: E-90

Quote:

DTMRack,

At this point I would like to ask you to cease and desist. It is obvious you are here for a wrong reason. This thread no longer serves any purpose as it was only informative, but different avenues have been taken to deal with the issue.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2011, 02:47 PM   #83
N54_Fan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpower View Post
DTMRack,

At this point I would like to ask you to cease and desist. It is obvious you are here for a wrong reason. This thread no longer serves any purpose as it was only informative, but different avenues have been taken to deal with the issue.
You gotta be shitting me.....Just give it a rest and chalk it up as one of life's lessons. Just enjoy your wheels and move on.

Last edited by N54_Fan; 03-25-2011 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 0