E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Aftermarket Valve Covers?

02-11-2024, 04:01 PM   #1
friedeggnchips
Rep
Drives: E90 325i LCI

Aftermarket Valve Covers?

Hi guys,

Recently made a post about fixing the injectors on my '10 325i N53. Car is running nicely but whilst there I noticed a crack in the side of the plastic valve cover right next to the oil filler cap.

A couple weeks ago before doing the injectors, the cabin started smelling like burnt oil and after shutting off the car I noticed a faint white smoke coming from the top of the bonnet. Turns out that this is a very common issue for the valve cover to crack, and the valve cover gaskets are also very common to go.

Now my problem is that the Valve cover from BMW is around £450. This doesn't seem too expensive but I've already spent a lot fixing the injectors. I'm looking at buying an aftermarket valve cover that's slightly cheaper and buying the gasket from BMW separately. Has anyone had any experience with aftermarket valve covers? This seems to be the correct part number: 11127548196.

Here are some example parts:

Ridex:
https://www.autodoc.co.uk/ridex/17160078

Febi Bilstein:
https://www.ymfcarparts.co.uk/febi-b...-cover-176165/

Apex Autoparts:
https://www.apexautoparts.co.uk/prod...rol-engine-bmw
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 11:20 AM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
When I replaced mine I went OEM because that's all my indy would fit (to preserve BMW 2-year parts warranty). I think Febi are OE suppliers, so I guess you'd be OK with them...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 06:44 PM   #3
friedeggnchips
Rep
Drives: E90 325i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil325i View Post
When I replaced mine I went OEM because that's all my indy would fit (to preserve BMW 2-year parts warranty). I think Febi are OE suppliers, so I guess you'd be OK with them...
Yeah I may buy Febi. It's an important part so I don't want to buy some cheap chinese one but I've already spent £800 getting injector issues diagnosed and sorted (DIY'd the replacement injectors). I'm also going to need a new NOX sensor at some point. I can't justify spending almost £2,000 on a car that's 14 years old lol.
Appreciate 0