BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

04-07-2022, 09:39 AM   #1
danielbabai
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i F40

Missing equipment that was originally ordered

After ordering last August, and waiting 7 months, I finally picked up my 2022 118i (F40) last week from a BMW dealership here in Dublin. Pulled up to the dealership, and there she was sitting out front looking well - M-Sport, Storm Bay, M-Sport Pro pack with black grille and 19" Bicolour Double-spoke wheels. I decided to added some nice tech to it too, which I was really looking forward to using...but I was to soon find out that so much was missing...
  • Driving Assist Pack - including Adaptive Cruise Control and Blind Spot Warning
  • Harman/Kardon upgrade
  • Park Assist Pack - including Reversing Camera, Park Assist and Reverse Assist
  • 40/20/40 Split Rear Seat (obviously due to semiconductor shortages!)
  • The touch pad feature on the iDrive controller
  • Android Auto/Apple CarPlay (due to arrive with SW update)

It seemed that had I not pointed out that these things were missing, I would never have been told. Every time I get into the car I expect to discover some other feature that is missing.

It really tainted the experience of collecting my new car, and I hate that these tech features are missing without any explanation.

Just wanted to share the list of equipment I missed out on and would love to hear if many are in the same boat. I understand the reasons behind it, and that for the most part it's unavoidable. But it would have been nice if BMW forewarned me before collecting the car
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2022, 11:05 AM   #2
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

Poor dealership Cs, I'd report them to BMW if I was you. Either it's compensation or reject the car on the basis there has been a breach of contract if these options are in writing..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 02:01 AM   #3
Rivanov
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F40 BMW 118iA HE M-Sport 2022

Garage List
2022 BMW 118i  [10.00]
I have a new F40 118i M-Sport on order. It's being build as we speak and should finish production next week. So I hopefully collect it in the coming weeks.

I finalised my configuration last December and some options weren't available via the configurator:

- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Wireless Charging
- Touch-functionality on iDrive Controller

My dealer placed the official order at BMW in January. Back then, they got a Confirmed Production in Week 16 with Expected Delivery in Week 18.

This week, he e-mailed me the car got to Status 150 on March 25th with Confirmed Production in Week 15 with Expected Delivery in Week 16! I also have the VIN number.

I already took into account that there would be a delay, since factories were closed but I got lucky I guess.

When I check my VIN, luckily I have all the options I ordered. (including Harman Kardon!)
I also have the "temporary removal of CarPlay and Android Auto" (option code 6P1) but that will be added via a Remote Software Update.

My complete configuration:

Model: BMW 118i
Color: Skyscraper Grey
Transmission: Automatic
Interior seat/trim color: Leather Dakota Mocha/Schwarz

Package Options:
High Executive
M Sport
Comfort Pack
Safety Pack
Parking Pack
M Sport steering
Comfort Access with Digital Key
Panoramic Sunroof
Tinted Glass
M spoiler
19 inch LM Dubbelspoke M (Styling 552M) Bicolor
Sportseats
Electric heated seats
Interiorlist Illuminated Berlin
Aut.airconditioning
Cruise Control
Lightpack
LED-foglights front
LED-headlights
Parking Assistant
Connected Pack Professional II
BMW Live Cockpit Professional
M Sport Suspension
M Aerodynamic Package
M High-Gloss Shadow Line
M Individual Roof-lining Anthracite
M High-Gloss Shadow Line (extended)
Driving Assistance
Heated steeringwheel
Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
Electric foldeable mirrors

04-08-2022, 03:04 AM   #4
danielbabai
Rep

Nice! It seems to be so hit-or-miss, looks like you got lucky! When I was collecting mine, the dealer looked at the option of ordering again for me. Harman Kardon was not available to select, nor was the Park Assist, but the reversing camera was available! Drive assist pack was gone too. And delivery wouldn't have been until September!

I wasn't aware that you could look up your order yourself. I would have loved that.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 03:14 AM   #5
Rivanov
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW 118i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbabai View Post
Nice! It seems to be so hit-or-miss, looks like you got lucky! When I was collecting mine, the dealer looked at the option of ordering again for me. Harman Kardon was not available to select, nor was the Park Assist, but the reversing camera was available! Drive assist pack was gone too. And delivery wouldn't have been until September!

I wasn't aware that you could look up your order yourself. I would have loved that.
You can check your VIN on http://bimmer.work

Regarding Harman Kardon, I also got very lucky it seems.
When my dealer called BMW in december, they said Harman Kardon wasn't an option and only HiFi Upgrade could be selected.

But when they placed the order in January they were able to add Harman Kardon after all. There would still be a "risk" that it would get dropped during process.. but it seems it got it eventually, based on my VIN Check.
      04-22-2022, 04:49 AM   #6
Rivanov
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW 118i  [10.00]
My BMW arrived at the dealership last tuesday and I can confirm I have Harman Kardon Surround Sound.

04-23-2022, 04:32 PM   #7
danielbabai
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivanov View Post
My BMW arrived at the dealership last tuesday and I can confirm I have Harman Kardon Surround Sound.
And you got your blind spot monitor! Nice!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 02:32 AM   #8
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Did your dealer take the order with the options ticked, then not tell you later that these options were being dropped and a price adjustment applied..?

I thought people were being told what they could and could not have…

Not sure how it all works with BMW in Ireland…
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 03:27 AM   #9
danielbabai
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
Did your dealer take the order with the options ticked, then not tell you later that these options were being dropped and a price adjustment applied..?

Dealer took my order with the options ticked, and I didn't discover what was dropped until he asked me to sign the spec sheet when I was sitting at his desk the day I collected it. He acted like he didn't know equipment had been dropped. No price adjustment was applied either.

Every time I see a reversing camera on another car my blood boils a little!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 04:15 AM   #10
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbabai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post

Dealer took my order with the options ticked, and I didn't discover what was dropped until he asked me to sign the spec sheet when I was sitting at his desk the day I collected it. He acted like he didn't know equipment had been dropped. No price adjustment was applied either.

Every time I see a reversing camera on another car my blood boils a little!
Are you legally bound to take the car in Ireland if they do not provide it as ordered… or, at the least, provide it in accordance with a variation agreed with you during the order period..?

I am assuming they at least reduced the price you agreed to reflect the actual spec supplied..?
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0