BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

05-03-2022, 08:12 AM   #1
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
BimmerLink (F44)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can confirm if the paid BimmerLink app works with the BMW 228i GC (F44). I am going to buy the app and before I spend the money I want to know if it works with my car.

Thank You.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 10:03 PM   #2
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228I XDrive GC

I’d be curious as well, I use BimmerCode via an Enet cable, and then an ethernet to USB C to my iPad. I highly recommend it as I used to use a Bluetooth module and coding was extremely slow. However I like the idea that Bimmerlink allows you to open the flap, but in reading the reviews you have to open the flap VIa bimmerlink every time you start the car😢
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 05:10 AM   #3
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugatuJag View Post
I’d be curious as well, I use BimmerCode via an Enet cable, and then an ethernet to USB C to my iPad. I highly recommend it as I used to use a Bluetooth module and coding was extremely slow. However I like the idea that Bimmerlink allows you to open the flap, but in reading the reviews you have to open the flap VIa bimmerlink every time you start the car😢
Quote:
I'd be curious as well, I use BimmerCode via an Enet cable, and then an ethernet to USB C to my iPad. I highly recommend it as I used to use a Bluetooth module and coding was extremely slow. However I like the idea that Bimmerlink allows you to open the flap, but in reading the reviews you have to open the flap VIa bimmerlink every time you start the car😢
You could just set it to open while the car is on and then pull the actuator plug and it'll stay open. But I'm curious if it's compatible with the F44 before I make the purchase.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 03:43 PM   #4
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep

Yes I have read about that, I’m actually thinking of doing that today with the help of a friend, I know there are certain parameters as to when the flap opens. Do you happen to have a link as to the exact procedure?

Also I emailed Bimmerlink about the BMW F 44s and I haven’t heard back yet I’m sure you looked but it doesn’t show up under Supported cars. What is it exactly that you want to use Bimmer link for specifically that you can’t use BimmerCode for?
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 03:47 PM   #5
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep

I attempted to look for a customer service number but was unsuccessful, this post was from a couple years ago, I’m going to go out on a limb and say that I bet it does support our car, but you can always request a refund after you buy it I think you have 24 hours.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 04:43 PM   #6
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Yes I have read about that, I'm actually thinking of doing that today with the help of a friend, I know there are certain parameters as to when the flap opens. Do you happen to have a link as to the exact procedure?

Also I emailed Bimmerlink about the BMW F 44s and I haven't heard back yet I'm sure you looked but it doesn't show up under Supported cars. What is it exactly that you want to use Bimmer link for specifically that you can't use BimmerCode for?
Quote:
Yes I have read about that, I'm actually thinking of doing that today with the help of a friend, I know there are certain parameters as to when the flap opens. Do you happen to have a link as to the exact procedure?

Also I emailed Bimmerlink about the BMW F 44s and I haven't heard back yet I'm sure you looked but it doesn't show up under Supported cars. What is it exactly that you want to use Bimmer link for specifically that you can't use BimmerCode for?
I want to use BimmerLink to open my exhaust valve as BimmerCode doesn't, and on BimmerCode my Thor adapter doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 06:28 PM   #7
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep

Yeah that would be ideal, but as I read you have to open the Bimmerlink app every time you start your car and open the flap as it does not stay open. So as you stated for me probably best to just open the actuator
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 11:46 AM   #8
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah that would be ideal, but as I read you have to open the Bimmerlink app every time you start your car and open the flap as it does not stay open. So as you stated for me probably best to just open the actuator
Quote:
Yeah I feel like if you just open it with BimmerLink and then pull the plug when it open it cannot close as the new code isn't being send to close it because the plug isn't connected.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 02:35 PM   #9
MugatuJag
Private First Class
Rep

Yes in reading on the forums and watching videos that is the best option, you can also do that without Bimmerlink, supposedly you just have to have your car up to temp and select sport mode and wait for the valve to open. Honestly I haven’t tried yet I need to get a buddy to help me. I have never seen the valve open even after extended driving, then putting it in park in sport mode. There is a lot of discussion and tutorials on YouTube and on these forums.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 05:31 PM   #10
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Yes in reading on the forums and watching videos that is the best option, you can also do that without Bimmerlink, supposedly you just have to have your car up to temp and select sport mode and wait for the valve to open. Honestly I haven't tried yet I need to get a buddy to help me. I have never seen the valve open even after extended driving, then putting it in park in sport mode. There is a lot of discussion and tutorials on YouTube and on these forums.
Quote:
Yes in reading on the forums and watching videos that is the best option, you can also do that without Bimmerlink, supposedly you just have to have your car up to temp and select sport mode and wait for the valve to open. Honestly I haven't tried yet I need to get a buddy to help me. I have never seen the valve open even after extended driving, then putting it in park in sport mode. There is a lot of discussion and tutorials on YouTube and on these forums.
Mine is always closed I can never seem to see the valve open. But has anyone confirmed if BimmerLink is compatible with the f44.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 01:37 PM   #11
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F44 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Mine is always closed I can never seem to see the valve open. But has anyone confirmed if BimmerLink is compatible with the f44.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F44 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
UPDATE! So I bought the app and used my Thor adapter to open the valve then unplugged the sensor pin and now it stays open.
Appreciate 2
cukeuk142.00