BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum G30 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, European Delivery Update: Order recieved and PPF has started: M550i (Pictures on latest post)

05-04-2023, 12:38 PM   #23
AP
Major General
Rep
Drives: G30 M550

To be fair my previous 540 I had for 5 years and I had no scratches but I don’t have any rings on fingers , nor do I place keys in that area and am generally careful so i guess it depends on how it’s treated but as mentioned ppf would insure against that possibility
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2023, 12:39 PM   #24
pperc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
To be fair my previous 540 I had for 5 years and I had no scratches but I don’t have any rings on fingers , nor do I place keys in that area and am generally careful so i guess it depends on how it’s treated but as mentioned ppf would insure against that possibility
It’s a very small area then. I’ll see what the cost would be but hopefully very little. Maybe they’ll throw it in for me
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 06:22 PM   #25
Shane_ATX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M550ix

Garage List
2023 BMW M550i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pperc View Post
It’s a very small area then. I’ll see what the cost would be but hopefully very little. Maybe they’ll throw it in for me
My puppy was the justification for wanting the interior ppf haha. Cost of materials attached. Not all portions of the kit will be usable depending on your trim. I wouldn’t recommend getting the screen though. They only PPF’d the OLED portion instead of the entire glass panel. I would’ve been better off getting the glass protector off Amazon.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 06:37 PM   #26
pperc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane_ATX View Post
My puppy was the justification for wanting the interior ppf haha. Cost of materials attached. Not all portions of the kit will be usable depending on your trim. I wouldn’t recommend getting the screen though. They only PPF’d the OLED portion instead of the entire glass panel. I would’ve been better off getting the glass protector off Amazon.
Thanks. Don’t think it’s really necessary for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2023, 11:34 PM   #27
pperc
Private First Class
Rep

Picked up this car 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it. Been driving it very easy of course for now. This week it’s been at the PPF installer. They are part of the way through (as shown in the pictures). Install should be very clean as the tail lights were easy to remove.

What they are doing:

Full XPEL slealth
Gloss black M550i badge
Delete XDrive badge
XPEL satin fusion ceramic on everything
Change roundels to OEM 50th anniversary
35% XPEL ceramic tint (I don’t like the blacked out look, but wanted the heat and UV protection)

And they decided on the fly to change the rear diffuser to a gloss black using XPEL PPF black which is a new product that I’m the first to get for them. It was a weird dark grey before that didn’t match anything. I love it!

Suggestions welcome while they still have the car!

I’m also thinking about getting 20” summer wheel and tires for next summer so open to wheel suggestions / wheel colors for that for next year!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2023, 04:36 PM   #28
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

It's probably just the angle, but is that diffuses two toned? I hope not.
      07-08-2023, 04:44 PM   #29
pperc
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
It's probably just the angle, but is that diffuses two toned? I hope not.
I hope not either. I haven’t seen it in person yet. That said, it was previously a grey color which is standard on all M550i. So I’m assuming it got the XPEL BLACK PPF on the whole thing and it’s all the same color.
Appreciate 1
HerkHealer1717.50
      07-11-2023, 03:11 PM   #30
pperc
Private First Class
Rep

Some pics of final XPEL stealth but before ceramic goes on top
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BMW0121007.50