E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > E90-E92 335i Eisenmann Meisterschaft Performance! -Free shipping-

11-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #89
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer View Post
Whats the difference between true quad tips and a splitter tips? Seems like it would function the same...
I'm sure there's no "functional" difference, but the splitter looks "cheap" IMO.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 12:12 AM   #90
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Dont think anyone would notice when its installed on the car.
      11-22-2007, 12:23 AM   #91
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Dont think anyone would notice when its installed on the car.
Ya, that's true too. I'm probably just OCD .

But when you think about it, why can they do it for the 328 exhaust and not for the 335's? I'm hoping Ilia will chime in soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 11:16 AM   #92
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Ya, that's true too. I'm probably just OCD .

But when you think about it, why can they do it for the 328 exhaust and not for the 335's? I'm hoping Ilia will chime in soon.
Here is a copy of the PM that I got from san~man and a copy of my response just in case others had similar questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man
1. Any idea if this will fit the 335i sedan?:

The reason I ask is because I like the look of the "true" dual tip on this (and the 328 version) over the "split Y tip" of the 335i version. If that M3 version doesn't fit, do you offer a quad tip version similar to the M3 system that doesn't have split (1 to 2) tips?

2. Also, what system/parts are installed on the car in this vid link you posted running (if you know that is)?:

"Absolutely love the sound of the turbos in this video. The car simply sounds exotic now."

3. I'm sort of confused as to what's included in the different systems on the IND website. For instance, in this pic of the Meisterschaft quad system, it shows the mufflers but also with the secondary X pipe attached, but in other pics next to it, it doesn't.

So does the system only come with the mufflers or what's pictured? If it doesn't come with that x pipe, then you have to buy this separately?

4. Basically, there are only two systems offered for the 335i e90 sedan right? The Meisterschaft and race version correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palella@IND
1. Unfortunately the M3 system will not work with the 335i. Eisenmann does not make a muffler with that design for the 335.

2. That is "retrodrive's" car and he has S/R pipes with Meisterschaft muffler.

3.The muffler and S/R pipes are sold seperately (S/R pipes are section one and two).

4. There are 3 systems offered by Eisenmann for the 335.
-Sport
-Race
-Meisterschaft

Currently Eisenhaus is out of stock on the Meisterschaft system and it is special order only. The special order takes about 6-8 weeks to recieve and a 50% deposit is required to place an order. Tips available for the Meisterschaft are 2x90, 2x102, and 4x76.

Sport and Race systems will be in stock in the next few weeks. The Sport system is pretty close in sound to the Meisterschaft and the Race is louder and more agressive than the Meisterschaft.

Happy Thanksgiving and if you have any further questions feel free to PM me any time.

Regards,

Anthony
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by IND-Distribution; 11-22-2007 at 02:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #93
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Well, the question that was answered was about the M3 muffler fitting on the 335i.

The question I have is if Eisenhaus would make the Meistershaft muffler with the true dual tips. I hate to see the other cars, like the AMG MB, with the cheap-looking Y-splits. It is like the dual exhaust on many of the Japanese cars - it is dual from the axle-back only - all imitation.

I mean, it is $3000 for the full system, made to order only with 50% deposit and you only get it 6-8 weeks later. Originally I though that the true quad tips on the Meisterschaft came with an extra fee, but at least the tips were not just bolted-on.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 01:43 PM   #94
san~man
Tired
Rep

Anthony,
Thanks for clearing up the questions.

Now, between the "race" and "Meisterschaft," why is there a significant difference in price ($500.00, according to the IND site)? Is there a significant difference in construction, etc?

Have you had complaints on the race system as far as drone (with the SR pipes)?

Is shipping for the race or sport the same price as the Meisterschaft (for me, as quoted above), or free if I get in on the GB?

I know sound is purely subjective, but in regards to "retrodrive's" car, approximately how much louder is the race system than the Meisterschaft that's installed on his car?

No price difference for single or quad tips, correct? Does the race version offer the same tip choices as the Meisterschaft?

Does the Bastuck quad diffuser fit the e90 sedan also?

Thanks again for the patience...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #95
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

it is LOUD there are videos out on it take a listen for yourself!!!!! do a search!!!!!

seriously i think it is one of the top if not the top for loudness for a 335 right now with both sections...with dps it might be insane i think that's the insane one i heard!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 02:37 PM   #96
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
Well, the question that was answered was about the M3 muffler fitting on the 335i.

The question I have is if Eisenhaus would make the Meistershaft muffler with the true dual tips. I hate to see the other cars, like the AMG MB, with the cheap-looking Y-splits. It is like the dual exhaust on many of the Japanese cars - it is dual from the axle-back only - all imitation.

I mean, it is $3000 for the full system, made to order only with 50% deposit and you only get it 6-8 weeks later. Originally I though that the true quad tips on the Meisterschaft came with an extra fee, but at least the tips were not just bolted-on.

You might want to send an email to Eisenhaus about that then. IND has no control over it. Personally I really dont see what the big deal about the tips are, then again i dont really stare at exhaust tips on other cars that much. I notice if its dual or quad tips and thats about it. Never noticed if one is split or separate. To each their own of course.

Plus im sure IND has no issue with the way Eisenhaus does things, after all every Meistershaft exhaust system seems to be sold even before it hits U.S soil.

Even I been trying to get one but they wont give me a deal on it since they have no reason to.
      11-22-2007, 02:47 PM   #97
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
it is LOUD there are videos out on it take a listen for yourself!!!!! do a search!!!!!

seriously i think it is one of the top if not the top for loudness for a 335 right now with both sections...with dps it might be insane i think that's the insane one i heard!!!
Well, I found some really old threads on the race. All of them said the race drones like MAD, so unless the exhaust design has changed, I'm no longer considering that system.

So, I guess it's the Meisterschaft or another brand. I'm still curious to why one system costs $500.00 more than the other, when both are simply "axle backs (I'm not bashing the system, only the symantics of it)."
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 03:35 PM   #98
IND-Distribution
Rep

Quote:
Well, I found some really old threads on the race. All of them said the race drones like MAD, so unless the exhaust design has changed, I'm no longer considering that system.

So, I guess it's the Meisterschaft or another brand. I'm still curious to why one system costs $500.00 more than the other, when both are simply "axle backs (I'm not bashing the system, only the symantics of it)."
The Race is a pretty agressive system and is surely not for everyone. The sport is a lot closer in tone to the Meisterschaft but is not quite as loud/deep.

To answer your question regarding the price difference-

IND as a reseller of Eisenmann products does not set price, as that is something that's done by the manufacturer. There are many factors that contribute to a specific exhaust's price, from where the material is purchased, to what pricing the manufacturer gets on the material, to the labor time requited to install the internal baffling, to the R&D that was required to get the desired tone. I am not familiar with exactly why the Meisterschaft system is priced where it is, and can only tell you that the prices you see are those that are given to each reseller by Eisenmann NA and Eisenmann GMBH. For further clarification, I'd suggest contacting Eisenmann or Eisenhaus directly.
      11-22-2007, 04:33 PM   #99
san~man
Tired
Rep

Thanks again for the information.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2007, 10:05 PM   #100
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
You might want to send an email to Eisenhaus about that then. IND has no control over it. Personally I really dont see what the big deal about the tips are, then again i dont really stare at exhaust tips on other cars that much. I notice if its dual or quad tips and thats about it. Never noticed if one is split or separate. To each their own of course.
I pay a bit of attention to exhausts on other cars. It is a pretty good litmus test, usually, to differentiate the different engines within a model. As a result, i have been paying particular attention to the 'higher end' sport models within this range.

One thing that particularly drives me nuts is an aftermarket exhaust on a german vehicle that does not have the bumper cut outs for an exhaust, so it looks out of place, and the 'add on' quad tips that are particularly evident on MB.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2007, 06:40 PM   #101
meinauto
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335

OT

Anthony - pls check your PM
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2007, 07:22 PM   #102
san~man
Tired
Rep

So, the Meisterschaft is only available in quad tips for the sedan?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2007, 10:47 PM   #103
IND-Distribution
Rep

Quote:
So, the Meisterschaft is only available in quad tips for the sedan?
The Meisterscahft for the E90 Sedan is available with 2x102mm, 2x90mm and 4x76mm Quad tips.
      11-23-2007, 11:24 PM   #104
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilia@industry View Post
The Meisterscahft for the E90 Sedan is available with 2x102mm, 2x90mm and 4x76mm Quad tips.
Oh, nice. Thanks

Is there any functional flow difference between the different tip sizes? (I wouldn't think so, but I'm asking just in case).

Last edited by san~man; 11-23-2007 at 11:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2007, 12:23 AM   #105
IND-Distribution
Rep

Quote:
Oh, nice. Thanks

Is there any functional flow difference between the different tip sizes? (I wouldn't think so, but I'm asking just in case).
The tips are purely cosmetic.
      11-24-2007, 03:22 PM   #106
san~man
Tired
Rep

Great, thanks again. Now I just have to convince myself to drop almost 3k on an exhaust system , although I like the Meisterschaft tone the best out of any on the market now.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2007, 03:38 PM   #107
IND-Distribution
Rep

Quote:
Great, thanks again. Now I just have to convince myself to drop almost 3k on an exhaust system , although I like the Meisterschaft tone the best out of any on the market now.
Cool. Let us know when your ready.
      12-05-2007, 02:42 PM   #108
san~man
Tired
Rep

I got a PM today from Tony stating that there was 1 available Meisterschaft system in the US (someone backed out of an order), and if I wanted it (since I had already made the down for a special order one). I told him "of course" (rather than waiting for 6-8 weeks) and paid for the balance.

Thanks for the outstanding service Tony, and I look forward to seeing my shiny pipes next week. Santa brought me an early present for sure.....now if he'd only get the car made faster

Tony faithfully answered all my PM's, and I'll surely buy from him and IND again in the future.
      12-05-2007, 10:47 PM   #109
IND-Distribution
Rep

Quote:
I got a PM today from Tony stating that there was 1 available Meisterschaft system in the US (someone backed out of an order), and if I wanted it (since I had already made the down for a special order one). I told him "of course" (rather than waiting for 6-8 weeks) and paid for the balance.

Thanks for the outstanding service Tony, and I look forward to seeing my shiny pipes next week. Santa brought me an early present for sure.....now if he'd only get the car made faster

Tony faithfully answered all my PM's, and I'll surely buy from him and IND again in the future.
Thanks Sanford!! I'm glad we got all of your questions taken care of. Unfortunately my wife kicked me out of the house because I was PM'ing back and forth with you at 3am the other night.
      12-05-2007, 11:18 PM   #110
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palella@Industry View Post
Thanks Sanford!! I'm glad we got all of your questions taken care of. Unfortunately my wife kicked me out of the house because I was PM'ing back and forth with you at 3am the other night.
I got an extra room if you want to come to Hawaii. Just make sure to hand carry my exhaust with you