E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > TireRack- A++

04-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

TireRack- A++

Just another compliment to the team and service at Tirerack. I bought my Hankook V12's there on April 25 last year. I have 12K on them, of mainly spirited driving, and they are excellent tires for my needs. Gary helped me decipher my choices as I was wanting a Conti Contact 2 performance with a slightly softer ride. Perfect choice. I drove from Chicago to Southbend Indiana (2 hours) to have them installed, in 1 hour like clockwork.

The Hankooks came with a $60 rebate for a set of 4, and I sent in the claim for the rebate but never got a check, then I got a letter saying the claim was sent in too late, which was odd as I mailed it within weeks of install, but the post office near my house (Dearborn station) is rated the worst in the USA, and it serves the affluent Goldcoast and Michigan Ave area, so no surprise there, it takes 5 days for a letter to go 5 blocks at times.

Anyway, I wrote Customer service at Tire Rack a note about Hankooks issues and that they didnt return my calls. I asked if they could issue me another claim form and a new receipt or something as the rebate is now on again.

They wrote back 24 hours later, and said they could not resubmit a sale/claim, but would be happy to give me a $60 coupon to use at Tirerack.

Now folks, thats service, and thats more than fair, as its was not their problem in the scheme of things.

Okay, new HPFP installed today, pick up in 2 hours, lets see how BMW does in this dept.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

They are excellent. One time I ordered 4 rims and the offsets were 3 of one, 1 of another. I was staring at my car, and some guy at the gym said, "Anything wrong?" I told him I think my offsets are messed up. He had no idea what I was even talking about! He said looks ok to me.

They fixed everything to include having a local shop dismount/mount and scratch up the brand-new rims. They covered the mounting and the scratches.

It's not nothing, it's hard to find good customer service nowadays--even BMW stinks and think about how much we've spent? With the Tire Rack, we're talking about < $1000 usually, and they still take care of their customers.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #3
RaceBlood
Going nowhere fast.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2 wheels

Okay, got new HPFP (4th). Uneven Idle gone, better after shift, decreased lag when fully pushed to floor.

SA Said I threw a code on the old one, but it never alerted me.
Appreciate 0