BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

05-14-2020, 02:15 PM   #23
J-RO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M240ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kothar View Post
Well the golf bag and clubs test, it goes in on an angle with seats up, and pull cart folds in front, by my reckoning you could get two bags ontop of each other and two carts in the space there with seats up. With seats down then you will obviously get more.
You are the best. Saved me a trip to the dealer for now.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 10:51 PM   #24
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

I drove this car tonight for fun and agree with you on most points.

Half the people who complain about it being FWD would not know the difference driving it around town.

I thought the interior was just as nice as the 3 series. In some ways it felt a little more ergonomic. Quality was the same with hard scratchy plastics on lower panels. I like the two different soft plastic textures on the dash, and I like the ambient lighting embedded in the trim - that feature will be on the 7 series one day, mark my words.

As for looks, I like the front end better than the 3. The side profile is meh and the rear is strange. I think that’s a good thing, though. This is one of the most distinctive designs currently produced by BMW. There’s no mistaking it for another model. We may consider picking one up as a commuter for the wife. 32 mpg highway with 300 HP and better handling than a Mini. I don’t know why so many complaints about this car. It’s very unique and it’s a decent package.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2020, 05:33 AM   #25
CSD979967
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I drove this car tonight for fun and agree with you on most points.

Half the people who complain about it being FWD would not know the difference driving it around town.

I thought the interior was just as nice as the 3 series. In some ways it felt a little more ergonomic. Quality was the same with hard scratchy plastics on lower panels. I like the two different soft plastic textures on the dash, and I like the ambient lighting embedded in the trim - that feature will be on the 7 series one day, mark my words.

As for looks, I like the front end better than the 3. The side profile is meh and the rear is strange. I think that’s a good thing, though. This is one of the most distinctive designs currently produced by BMW. There’s no mistaking it for another model. We may consider picking one up as a commuter for the wife. 32 mpg highway with 300 HP and better handling than a Mini. I don’t know why so many complaints about this car. It’s very unique and it’s a decent package.
100% agree with the FWD statement. Don't knock the car until you drive it 👍🏻
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 08:42 PM   #26
Murat Aydinoglu
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328 , 2012 e93 , 2016 f36

Great review buddy, enjoy the ride.
Appreciate 0