BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

11-09-2020, 12:25 PM   #1
CyberYYZ
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Idrive 7. update for Canadian and US owners

As we all know the Idrive 7 update which was put out back in July has now made it to North America.

this past weekend I did the update via the Connected app on my phone which then allowed me to upload to the car. All went well but a couple of funny things did happen

1) The remote car start function which was enabled on my BMW connected app and key for prior to update, seem to disappear after update. I noticed in the setting in Idrive 7 it disabled remote start which I have now since turned back on.

2) I now get the BMW terms and conditions on start up that I need to hit OK before driving off in the morning...

Other than that everything seems to work fine just have not found alot of new features in my M235I Gran coupe yet.

Anyone else see anything new features with the software update that they have observed and would like to share ?
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2020, 12:01 PM   #2
Mykele
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 m235 GC (storm bay)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia335i View Post
Did u notice any changes to the exhaust sound .. I was told by a service tech that it's also suppose to change the active exhaust sound to reduce it , which is why I have not done mine yet .
In I drive there is a setting for the active sound (aka fake engine noise). Reduced (lowest), standard (depends on drive mode selected), or sporty (always) .

This was there prior to latest update. Just check after install and make certain it is how you like it.

I set mine to depends on mode, since when I am alone I use sport individual. Sport steering, comfort suspension (crappy roads) and sport throttle. I do have the adaptive suspension though.

M
Appreciate 0