BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

11-27-2020, 03:49 PM   #1
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

Well I've just gone and ordered

A 235i.
Snapper Rocks Blue
Magma Red interior (yeah I know the blue and red don't go, but I don't care!)
Pro Pack
Technology Pack
557M Wheels.

It's time to downsize my 530D, seriously great car with a great engine. Covid meant it has sat on my drive for 7 months (new travel restrictions from the company I work for) and with the kid now in university with his own car it makes perfect sense.

I looked at the new 440i, great car, love the looks and the grille (you must see it in person) but just too expensive and getting a discount was tough.
Also looked at the 330i, build quality is stunning and I managed to get 13% discount but the residuals were awful.

Then spotted the 235 gran coupe in the showroom. I think it looks great. Had a test drive and did some research, so I know the controversy surrounding it. Had a further test drive for over an hour and loved every minute. The car has decent residuals and more importantly I managed to get just over 10% discount.

Delivery is set for mid March.
Appreciate 1
A6bullet336.00
      11-28-2020, 05:51 AM   #2
SimonCW
Private
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i XDrive Gran Coupe

Hello and Welcome,

Interesting comb with Snapper rocks and Magma red.
I get my car next week, just arrived in UK today.
Have a look at this forum if you not joined already. There quite a few of us in the UK.
https://babybmw.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=96
      11-28-2020, 07:16 AM   #3
Pugger
Second Lieutenant
Wales
Rep
Drives: 4 GC 2.8i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonCW View Post
Hello and Welcome,

Interesting comb with Snapper rocks and Magma red.
I get my car next week, just arrived in UK today.
Have a look at this forum if you not joined already. There quite a few of us in the UK.
https://babybmw.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=96
Thanks for the reply, yeah agree the red and blue is somewhat wacky, but I liked the Magma red and the wife loved the Snapper rock. So that's how we ended up with it. Looking forward to driving it again. Thanks for the link.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 10:15 PM   #4
Nightshifter
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
A 235i.
Snapper Rocks Blue
Pro Pack
Technology Pack
557M Wheels.

It's time to downsize my 530D, seriously great car with a great engine. Covid meant it has sat on my drive for 7 months (new travel restrictions from the company I work for) and with the kid now in university with his own car it makes perfect sense.

I looked at the new 440i, great car, love the looks and the grille (you must see it in person) but just too expensive and getting a discount was tough.
Also looked at the 330i, build quality is stunning and I managed to get 13% discount but the residuals were awful.

Then spotted the 235 gran coupe in the showroom. I think it looks great. Had a test drive and did some research, so I know the controversy surrounding it. Had a further test drive for over an hour and loved every minute. The car has decent residuals and more importantly I managed to get just over 10% discount.

Delivery is set for mid March.
Congrats! I bought one last month: Storm Bay with 19" Wheels and Bridgestone Extreme Performance Tires! This is an amazing car! I don't know what all the fuss is about not being a 'true M car' or that it's the worst BMW ever made. It looks so much better in person though I must admit. I get a lot of looks driving it around town, and other BMW owners starring down the car on the freeway... (front.. back). Car handles better than my m240i... seriously! the M240i is a little nervous in the twistys... but the m235i GC is planted! It's not a harsh ride in comfort like some people are saying either... Gets great mileage if you lay low on the pedal and run it in eco mode or comfort. I'm using the JB+ (4pin) and it took ~ 0.5 seconds off 0 - 60 timed using a draggy trying to keep the slope below 1 degree (grade). Downshifting with the paddle shifters during braking (or if you have the shifter in m/s without using paddles) really stops this car quickly! I think the 0.91 lateral g's rating is off... it feels more like 0.99 g's when you take it to the limit... and I mean more than what most people would do around the twistys or off/on ramps. I've raced other cars (golf r, Audi S3,) and they broke loose in the rear before I did going around a curve. They actually had to move more outside their race line to increase the radius while I stayed inside and didn't have to budge the whole time... planted. Anyway... my 2 cents on this car so far :P
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2020, 09:55 AM   #5
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
A 235i.
Snapper Rocks Blue
Why would you possibly think that? See post #78!

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...1755841&page=2

The "Superman" combo has been known for years and is always eye candy! Congrats and best wishes with the car!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0