BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Horrible 2011/12 Ordering Experience...

Hey guys, I started talking about this in another thread and it is really bothering me. I just spent over two months trying to order a 2011/12 with one of my local dealers and have nothing to show for it.

To sum it up - I placed an order and put a deposit down on a 2011, the dealer said everything was squared away at that point. They then came back to me a week later and stated that the car had went to a build status before they could input my specifications. However, they said that they would go ahead and get another allocation, which after a few days they said they had acquired. About two weeks went by with no response, so I followed up again - the CA stated that the other dealership had backed out of giving them the allocation and there were none left that they could acquire.

So now we were almost into August, so I had to look into a 2012. For some reason I decided to stick with this dealer who assured me they would make things right and give me a good deal on the '12. They said they would be getting their allocation in Sep and at that point I would be first in line to order. Well low and behold, I got a call earlier this week from the CA saying that they aren't getting an allocation for Sep and may not have one until Oct/Nov. I asked if there was anything at all they could do and they basically blew me off. It was at that point that I asked for my deposit back and started looking used.

So do I have any recourse in this? Should I contact BMW? I have several emails from the CA stating that my build was "good to go" or that they definitely acquired the new allocation and so on and so forth. I kind of just let things go at first, but the more I think about it, the more upset I am at the whole situation.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

That is no good. I don't buy the dealer's line about the original car going into production before they could put your order in. But that is spilled milk.

As far as what to do now? I do believe your dealer when they say they cannot get an allocation any time soon. Based on what I know from my CA, and others, I think there were only ~50 allocations (or less) for the entire country for Sept/Oct.

If you never got a production number, the dealer saying "good to go" just meant he had a piece of paper with what you want written on it. I don't think you have any recourse with BMWNA.

Maybe try to get your dealer to come down a bit more on price, and hang on for a Nov/Dec allocation?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #3
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Definitely change dealers. Get your deposit back. Don't listen to any more of their excuses, it's their fault they lost your confidence.
      09-02-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
BlkITR01
Private
Rep
Drives: Acura Integra

Change dealers. I'm sure there's other dealers relatively close by that won't give you the run around. Heck you could even order from one of the prominent board sponsors and take PDC delivery.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

OP if you would like any assistance feel free to shoot Ryan an email. His address is below in my signature. He will be more then willing to give you straight answer and awesome pricing.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
GOT M?
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Everything

Go with Ryan or David!!! Will not regret it....i sure did going with my local dealer!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 12:19 AM   #7
eisenb11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
That is no good. I don't buy the dealer's line about the original car going into production before they could put your order in. But that is spilled milk.

As far as what to do now? I do believe your dealer when they say they cannot get an allocation any time soon. Based on what I know from my CA, and others, I think there were only ~50 allocations (or less) for the entire country for Sept/Oct.

If you never got a production number, the dealer saying "good to go" just meant he had a piece of paper with what you want written on it. I don't think you have any recourse with BMWNA.

Maybe try to get your dealer to come down a bit more on price, and hang on for a Nov/Dec allocation?
50? Wow, now I'm more worried! Lol does having a prod number (not prod date) mean we have one of those allocations?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 08:01 AM   #8
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenb11 View Post
50? Wow, now I'm more worried! Lol does having a prod number (not prod date) mean we have one of those allocations?
Production number = you're getting a car. The date isn't important.
Appreciate 0