BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

10-31-2023, 01:58 PM   #1
notleks64
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135i

BMW F40 Fuse for Dash Cam

Good evening all,

I’m looking for some help, I currently have a dash cam hard wired to an ignition fuse which works ok.

The issue I have is that every time the car is opened via comfort access the camera starts, it then stops when I start the car. Once I re-start the dash cam it stops every time the start stop activates.

There must be a fuse I can use that’s controlled via the ignition, but not effected by the start stop. I’m thinking the radio but I’m unsure if that’s a possibility. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 01:40 PM   #2
YogiPL
Enlisted Member
Poland
Rep
Drives: BMW F44 220i

Hi, this was on a F44 but I'm sure they're pretty much the same - I've connected my dashcam to 40 (permanent 12V, empty) and 62 (switched 12V).

The cam turns on when the car "wakes up" (basically when opening the door) and stays on until it goes to sleep (~10-15 minutes after locking it, you can tell by the console button backlight going off completely). Starting and stopping the engine does not affect it.

More info here: https://f44.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...48&postcount=2
Appreciate 0