BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

08-18-2021, 02:47 PM   #23
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by F44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourCarss View Post
Quote:
I have a question do I pull the plug when the car is off bc if it's off my valve is closed and when I put the car in sport it's still closed
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
I have a question do I pull the plug when the car is off bc if it's off my valve is closed and when I put the car in sport it's still closed
Change ASD to sporty
I don't have that I have a 2020 228i GC with idrive 6 and that isn't and option and my exhaust valve never opens, idk how to make it open.
The ASD doesn't do anything to the valve, that being said. If you want it to be open the car has to be cold. Do a cold start and run back behind the car and jump under while the cat warm up process is still running. It should be wide open. Unplug it.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
I don't have that I have a 2020 228i GC with idrive 6 and that isn't and option and my exhaust valve never opens, idk how to make it open.
The ASD doesn't do anything to the valve, that being said. If you want it to be open the car has to be cold. Do a cold start and run back behind the car and jump under while the cat warm up process is still running. It should be wide open. Unplug it.
Even on a cold start man it's never open never no matter how fast I get there. And after I come home and put it in park (engine on) it's not open, and when I put it in park, and switch from sport to comfort no noise of it opening. And I don't wanna buy Bimmer Link to open it. Is there any way to "force" it open. I called my dealer and they said everything is fine w your car it'll open when it wants to and that's the problem it never wants to.
So the dealer can activate the valve and put it in to what's called "installation position" this will move it to 90% open. Then it can be unplugged. Not sure if they will do that as it's completely up to the tech.
Like at my dealer I worked for, some techs wouldn't touch a car with mods or anything. Me, I went to work to make money and I didn't give a flying fuck what was done to the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 10:40 PM   #24
Brooklyn M240i
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M240i xDrive

Garage List
2020 BMW X3 30i  [0.00]
2023 BMW M240i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Even on a cold start man it's never open never no matter how fast I get there. And after I come home and put it in park (engine on) it's not open, and when I put it in park, and switch from sport to comfort no noise of it opening. And I don't wanna buy Bimmer Link to open it. Is there any way to "force" it open. I called my dealer and they said everything is fine w your car it'll open when it wants to and that's the problem it never wants to.
So the dealer can activate the valve and put it in to what's called "installation position" this will move it to 90% open. Then it can be unplugged. Not sure if they will do that as it's completely up to the tech.
Like at my dealer I worked for, some techs wouldn't touch a car with mods or anything. Me, I went to work to make money and I didn't give a flying fuck what was done to the car.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
My car is base and I have done nothing but that damnnnn valve never wants to open. So I might talk to them when my service is due, but is there any way to force it open like push it or turn that clip thing.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2021, 09:47 AM   #25
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
Quote:
Quote:
Change ASD to sporty
My car is base and I have done nothing but that damnnnn valve never wants to open. So I might talk to them when my service is due, but is there any way to force it open like push it or turn that clip thing.
It will break, many have tried this and all have failed.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 01:03 PM   #26
Tombrunskill
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Afternoon, I have a 70 reg 235i and my car seems to pop a little bit sometimes on start up but then nothing when I rev it regardless of what driving mode I’m in

I’ve heard all the pre 2020 reg car and they all pop and bang as standard when at a standstill

Is this to do with the introduction of the opf filters or has it been coded through the ecu because I was wondering if removing the opf filter along with the back box would restore some of the popping

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 02:50 PM   #27
FourCarss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombrunskill View Post
Afternoon, I have a 70 reg 235i and my car seems to pop a little bit sometimes on start up but then nothing when I rev it regardless of what driving mode I’m in

I’ve heard all the pre 2020 reg car and they all pop and bang as standard when at a standstill

Is this to do with the introduction of the opf filters or has it been coded through the ecu because I was wondering if removing the opf filter along with the back box would restore some of the popping

Cheers
You need a burble tune for them to be audible while driving.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 02:52 PM   #28
Tombrunskill
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

I’m not too fussed on it while driving I was more referring to while being stationary
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2023, 03:46 PM   #29
FourCarss
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombrunskill View Post
I’m not too fussed on it while driving I was more referring to while being stationary
Then yeah, you'll hear it more as you free up and open up your exhaust
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2023, 06:20 AM   #30
Tombrunskill
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep

Has anyone tried or had a pop and bang map done to their car? Intrigued to see if it’s possible or safe to do so with the cat and opf filter
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2023, 05:42 AM   #31
mandariinimake
Rep
Drives: M235i F44 (2020)

Uhm... What I've figured is that for the exhaustvalves to open your cars "engine sound" option has to be set to (not sure about the translation) "Drivemode dependent". Then when in sport and the car warmed up, the exhastvalves open.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2023, 10:14 AM   #32
Snapper Rocker
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Xdrive Gran Coupe

Depend exactly when in 2020 it was produced. Post June 2020 ECUs are totally locked, on a company Finland is accessing them atm.
Appreciate 0