BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

10-21-2022, 03:13 AM   #23
Edo135
Rep
Drives: 2021 m135i xdrive f40

Hi guys,

Has any of you had the chance to watch the video?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 10:23 AM   #24
Edo135
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edo135 View Post
Hi guys,

Has any of you had the chance to watch the video?

Thanks
Sorry to bother guys, but i have to take the car to the dealership soon and would like to have a feedback from you to then speak with them again with this "proof" in my hands.

Thanks again,
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 03:44 PM   #25
Edo135
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlover96 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishta.Silva View Post
Hey guys,

Got my M235i GC 2 months ago.

Before I bought mine, I was loaned another for the weekend. That car felt and sounded great which is why I bought the one I have now.

My car has a horrid metallic sound on hard acceleration.
BMW has had my car for 2 weeks, and they are trying to tell me that the sound is normal. However they can't tell me where the sound is coming from or what is making it. Just that they've had a "few" complaints and that they've deemed it normal.

They have another M235i GC at the dealer and that one also does it, but the one I was loaned made no noise.

I don't have a sound clip or a video to show you guys atm - sorry.

I will try and explain it.

it's a continuation of the same sound note ending and beginning in succession... the successions and volume of the note speeds up and heightens the harder you accelerate...

The noise is quite loud when driving it next to a barrier or wall with the window open. This happens mostly on pull off under medium to hard acceleration. The noise is also louder while the car is cold, but it can also be heard when hot.
I can't hear the noise with the windows closed or without a wall or barrier to reflect the sound back to me. The car has to be under reasonable acceleration.

I was leaving my place of work and I heard it for the first time when gunning it a bit... mates were all outside watching... and listening....

Car will not make the noise under regular stationary acceleration or under low load.

Could the M235i GC owners in this forum please check their cars for the sound?

I'd appreciate your help.
Quote:
Hey guys,

Before I bought mine, I was loaned another for the weekend. That car felt and sounded great which is why I bought the one I have now.

BMW has had my car for 2 weeks, and they are trying to tell me that the sound is normal. However they can't tell me where the sound is coming from or what is making it. Just that they've had a "few" complaints and that they've deemed it normal.

They have another M235i GC at the dealer and that one also does it, but the one I was loaned made no noise.

it's a continuation of the same sound note ending and beginning in succession... the successions and volume of the note speeds up and heightens the harder you accelerate...

The noise is quite loud when driving it next to a barrier or wall with the window open. This happens mostly on pull off under medium to hard acceleration. The noise is also louder while the car is cold, but it can also be heard when hot.
I can't hear the noise with the windows closed or without a wall or barrier to reflect the sound back to me. The car has to be under reasonable acceleration.

I was leaving my place of work and I heard it for the first time when gunning it a bit... mates were all outside watching... and listening....

Car will not make the noise under regular stationary acceleration or under low load.

Where are you located?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlover96 View Post
Quote:
Hey guys,

Quote:
Hey guys,

Where are you located?
He's from Australia if I'm correct, I'm from Italy.
Did someone manage to watch my video guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 02:14 AM   #26
jmurchison72
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i xDrive Coupe

Hey Edo135, I listened to the noise in your vid but honestly mines a bit different. Mine is very consistent and sounds more like a knocking noise. Yours sounds more like a rattle... but who knows if it's the same cause. I'll see if I can get a recording of the noise and post back so we can compare.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2022, 01:43 PM   #27
Edo135
Rep

Hey jmurchison72 many thanks for the feedback. Yes, if you can record a video we can better compare, even if i think that the issue it's the same; you don't hear it consistent because i go past a car and i floor it and after i lift off, that's why i think it seems not consistent to you but in reality it is. Mine's also like a knocking sound, it depends on how you hear it. Our descriptions are very similar so i think we're experiencing the same thing.
Looking forward to your video or other fellow forumers' feedbacks.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2022, 04:09 PM   #28
Edo135
Rep

Hi jmurchison72 , any updates from your side?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2023, 10:22 PM   #29
jmurchison72
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i xDrive Coupe

Sorry guys, nothing yet. I did however notice that the lastest software update mentioned something about updates to the functionality of the Turbo, but the noise is still there... I'll send my dealer an email and ask for an update, will let you know what they say.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 05:24 AM   #30
ChristianF
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp

Is this the noise?

01-18-2023, 04:12 PM   #31
Mishta.Silva
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianF View Post
Is this the noise?

https://youtu.be/lEiaVN2n_sw
There’s a lot of noise in that video, but the rattling sound can be heard.
To distinguish it from other sounds I hear it clearly at the following times
1:28 1:34 1:51
I hear it throughout the video, but there’s often a lot of wind noise.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2023, 04:11 AM   #32
ChristianF
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Comp

Quote:
There’s a lot of noise in that video, but the rattling sound can be heard.
To distinguish it from other sounds I hear it clearly at the following times
1:28 1:34 1:51
I hear it throughout the video, but there’s often a lot of wind noise.
There's a dead kitten on the mic to try and attenuate that wind noise but it's unavoidable given the nature of the noise generation requirement of wide open throttle.

BMW have diagnosed it as a wastegate actuator issue as per my post, I'm waiting on a fix as the software fix they issued clearly has not worked.
      05-16-2023, 05:31 PM   #33
Edo135
Rep

Hi ChristianF ,

I reply only now, sorry, haven’t logged into bimmerpost in a while.. my car’s noise is EXACTLY like yours and it’s still there, no recalls nor confirmed as a defect from bmw, of course (despite all the inspections done at my dealer’s workshop, a couple of them together with an official bmw Italy supervisor as well). I’ve read in the 1 series section that fellow member Jay Ell had the same issue and managed to get refounded of its deposit and had a new car ordered by bmw for him with a good discount, since it was more expensive due to inflation. For sure he had to wait, but maybe he can confirm us if the noise was like ours (as I think) and if he had to stop driving his “broken” 135, wait for bmw to confirm he was right, give the car back and then wait for the new one to arrive (with a loaner from them for the period of course)?

Jay Ell it would be really appreciated if you can help us since we’re on the same boat.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you guys
Appreciate 0