EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Sponsors Classifieds > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

11-20-2015, 07:25 PM   #89
AllForTheCash
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Interested as well regarding how this installs.

2015 911 Carrera 4S 7MT
2018 911 GT3 6MT
2019 BMW M5 Comp
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 08:28 PM   #90
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4BR13L View Post
I have a couple of questions about the Macht Schnell EVC that hopefull someone can answer.

Q1
What exactly does the setting OBD2 fault clear do? And should I enable this setting if I don't what the dealer to see that I am using this device?
This will clear the DME codes, typically used only for catless downpipes. If troubleshooting in other areas, this feature should be turned off.

Quote:
Q2
If I increase the HALO brightness by 40% what are the consequences? I mean why is it not configured as such at the factory, is it to increase lifetime?
No consequences, LEDs should outlast the vehicle.

Quote:
Q3
I like the photos in the instructions (PDF) but what is missing is basically the final step and that is where I have to keep the EVC once all cables are attached and all? Can I put the EVC for example behind the panel so that it is not visible to the dealer when they hook up the computer? Or is it the intention that we use the velcro strips and attach the device to the bottom and not inside the panel? I don't want the dealer to see this device so does this mean that I am going to have to remove it everytime I take the car in for maintenance and there will be no way for them to tell that I was using such a device? Looking at the pictures I have the impression that a bunch of cables will be hanging out, or am I wrong?

Can someone share a photo where it shows the final installation?

Thanks
The Macht Schnell EVC module has an auto Diagnostic Mode that puts the module to sleep when diagnostic equipment is plugged in, no worrying about turning on/off modules when your car is serviced.

Simply tuck the module behind the kick panel by the OBD2 port, the rest is automatic. Interior remains fully stock and your dealer would have no reason to remove body panels. We can install these in about ~20 minutes, and even include installation for locals since they are so simple to install.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2015, 12:05 AM   #91
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Thank you for the answers. I will try to install it today!

Another question that I have is about the quiet cold start feature. As I understand it the OEM operation is to have the valves closed during start, is it with the EVC more quiet then?

Update:

I managed to install but it took like an hour to install because of the stupid ScotchLock tabs :-)

I still have to play with the functions because I enabled the following functions on my laptop, and yes I wrote the settings to the module, but it does not seem to work:

- HALO at full brightness: I don't immediately see a difference;
- Mute Active Sound when valves are closed: I don't hear a difference inside the cabin besided the exhaust note that changes;
- Reset the valves to closed position at startup: when I open the valves and then stop and close the car and start the car again 30 minutes later I don't think that the valves are closed. When I press and hold BC for 2 seconds I see the right blinker blink indicating that the valves were open but, correct?
- Also with the module nicely tucked away behind the panel it means that the panel needs to be removed each time a firmware update needs to be installed;

Update 2:

In the documentation is the following: "3 left flashes and 3
right flashes indicate that the Active Sound Mute option is muted with the Flap closed only."

But is this info correct? Because I have the impression that when the function is off that there are 0 flashes this means that for function 3 to mute ASD when the flap is closed only there are 2 right flashes not 3 flashes as 3 flashes mean that asd is off when the flaps are open or closed.

Can some1 confirm this?

Update 3:

My mirrors close automatically but I have noticed that they do not always automatically open again. Could this be related to the comfort access option?

Last edited by G4BR13L; 11-21-2015 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 12:58 PM   #92
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Thank you for the answers. I will try to install it today!

Another question that I have is about the quiet cold start feature. As I understand it the OEM operation is to have the valves closed during start, is it with the EVC more quiet then?

Update:

I managed to install but it took like an hour to install because of the stupid ScotchLock tabs :-)

I still have to play with the functions because I enabled the following functions on my laptop, and yes I wrote the settings to the module, but it does not seem to work:

- HALO at full brightness: I don't immediately see a difference;
It's noticeable.

The halos operate as DRLs when the headlamp switch is in positions ! & 2 and and dim 50% when the headlights are turned on. The EVC module keep the halows at 100% brightness when the headlights are on (either in POS3 or AUTO headlamps switch positions).

Quote:
- Mute Active Sound when valves are closed: I don't hear a difference inside the cabin besided the exhaust note that changes;
ASD has never bothered me, I have a hard time telling if it is on or off. For others, it's like nails on a chalkboard. Another way to tell that ASD is off is to lightly touch the speaker grille for movement.

Quote:
- Reset the valves to closed position at startup: when I open the valves and then stop and close the car and start the car again 30 minutes later I don't think that the valves are closed. When I press and hold BC for 2 seconds I see the right blinker blink indicating that the valves were open but, correct?
Left Blinker = Valves open
Right Blinker = Valves Closed
Both Blinkers = OEM Mode

For EVC memory, you should be at Function2/Setting 1 (2x left blink/1x right blink in setup menu).

Quote:
- Also with the module nicely tucked away behind the panel it means that the panel needs to be removed each time a firmware update needs to be installed;
The module tucks away easily behind the kick panel to be completely out of view.

Quote:
Update 2:

In the documentation is the following: "3 left flashes and 3
right flashes indicate that the Active Sound Mute option is muted with the Flap closed only."

But is this info correct? Because I have the impression that when the function is off that there are 0 flashes this means that for function 3 to mute ASD when the flap is closed only there are 2 right flashes not 3 flashes as 3 flashes mean that asd is off when the flaps are open or closed.
3x Right Flashes & 3x Left Flashes is the "ACTIVE SOUND MUTE with Flap both OPEN and CLOSED" in the setup menu.

Quote:
Update 3:

My mirrors close automatically but I have noticed that they do not always automatically open again. Could this be related to the comfort access option?
What firmware version are you on? Latest is v1.13, which should correct what you are explaining. Use MSConnect to update your firmware and verify settings.

Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 01:45 PM   #93
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep

I updated it to the latest firmware before I installed it on Saturday the 21st November.

Concerning the right blinker flashes when a function is off the gauge stays on READY and does not blink so on my F82 to mute the active sound when the valves are closed the left blinker flashes 3 times for FUNCTION 3 and the right blinker flashes 2 times for SETTING 2.

Concerning the folding/unfolding of the mirrors I have coded it using e-sys in the FEM_BODY module and it works like a charm.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #94
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
I updated it to the latest firmware before I installed it on Saturday the 21st November.

Concerning the right blinker flashes when a function is off the gauge stays on READY and does not blink so on my F82 to mute the active sound when the valves are closed the left blinker flashes 3 times for FUNCTION 3 and the right blinker flashes 2 times for SETTING 2.

Concerning the folding/unfolding of the mirrors I have coded it using e-sys in the FEM_BODY module and it works like a charm.
You're on fw1.13. The tach needle resting on "ready" means that particular function is OFF/Disabled.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 12:02 PM   #95
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
EVC Modules in stock, get yours today!

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2015, 02:16 PM   #96
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Bump for the original, and still the best!

New shipment in stock NOW! Call, email or PM to get yours today! Free install for locals.

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 11:03 AM   #97
kevin @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Thanks for the inquiries

Macht Schnell EVC module ship out same day

PM for pricing and details

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2016, 11:49 AM   #98
G4BR13L
Major
Belgium
Rep

Feature request: it would be nice if it could be configured that the flaps close on M1 mode and that the flaps open on M2 mode.

On my F82 I call the M1 mode (Efficient, Comfort, Comfort, DSC ON, D1) the civilized mode which I use for commuting and the M2 (Sport+, Sport, Sport, MDM, D3) mode is the beast mode which I use in the weekend.

It would thus be nice if the flaps could be opened / closed automatically depending on whether M1 / M2 is selected.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2016, 11:16 AM   #99
kevin @ eas
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3URP13T View Post
Feature request: it would be nice if it could be configured that the flaps close on M1 mode and that the flaps open on M2 mode.

On my F82 I call the M1 mode (Efficient, Comfort, Comfort, DSC ON, D1) the civilized mode which I use for commuting and the M2 (Sport+, Sport, Sport, MDM, D3) mode is the beast mode which I use in the weekend.

It would thus be nice if the flaps could be opened / closed automatically depending on whether M1 / M2 is selected.
Appreciate the input, I will submit that to our developers and see if that is a possibility.

Thanks for the inquiries

The original Macht Schnell EVC modules ready to ship

PM today for pricing and details

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 07:01 PM   #100
tristanbane
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 /// Alpine White

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered (I haven't found it yet), but do you know if this device is compatible with the AWE Switchpath Non-Resonated exhaust?

My main concern is doing the open>close loophole for the quieter cold start. Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust system & module combo?

Also Tom or Kevin, can you please PM me the updated installation instructions if possible? Thank you!

Last edited by tristanbane; 02-14-2016 at 07:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 02:27 PM   #101
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanbane View Post
Sorry if this question has been asked/answered (I haven't found it yet), but do you know if this device is compatible with the AWE Switchpath Non-Resonated exhaust?

My main concern is doing the open>close loophole for the quieter cold start. Does anyone have any experience with this exhaust system & module combo?

Also Tom or Kevin, can you please PM me the updated installation instructions if possible? Thank you!
AWE uses the BMW EVC motors, EVC module is compatible.

The Macht Schnell module is compatible with the OEM BMW EVC valves. If the systems utilizes the same valves, it is compatible with the Macht Schnell EVC.

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 12:13 AM   #102
tristanbane
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 /// Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
AWE uses the BMW EVC motors, EVC module is compatible.

The Macht Schnell module is compatible with the OEM BMW EVC valves. If the systems utilizes the same valves, it is compatible with the Macht Schnell EVC.
Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to doing my MS EVC then
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2016, 11:51 PM   #103
kelvin829
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F10 520D and F80 m3

I am already installed the F80 EVc, which following your instruction guide, but i discover that i cant control the valve open or close weather in efficient, sport and sport plus mode, when i press the bc button for over a few second the left turn indicator is single flash normally, but i discover the valve didnt open, then i change to sport mode, and the valve open, and i press the bc botton again, and right turn indicator single flash normal again, but the valve didnt close, but the other function is normal, for example the HALO brighteness and comfort closing all function is normal, i put orange in pin 6 and green in pin 14, red in pin 16 and brown in pin 4
My setting is as below:
FUNCTION 1-SETTING 1(MODULE ENABLED)
FUNCTION 2-SETTING 1(RETAIN LAST USED EVC POSITION ON STARTUP)
FUNCTION 3-SETTING 3(MUTE AS WITH FLAP OPEN & CLOSE)
FUNCTION 4-SETTING 2(CLOSE WINDOWS ONLY)
FUNCTION 5-SETTING 0(OFF THE FUNCTION OF OBD2 CLEARING)
FUNCTION 6-SETTING 1(ON THE FUNCTION OF HALOS FULL BRIGHTNESS)

i attach of my wire setting, but is hard to take the clear photo, hope you guys can help me Name:  IMG-20160217-WA0056.jpg
Views: 1381
Size:  507.2 KB
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2016, 04:44 PM   #104
kevin @ eas
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin829 View Post
I am already installed the F80 EVc, which following your instruction guide, but i discover that i cant control the valve open or close weather in efficient, sport and sport plus mode, when i press the bc button for over a few second the left turn indicator is single flash normally, but i discover the valve didnt open, then i change to sport mode, and the valve open, and i press the bc botton again, and right turn indicator single flash normal again, but the valve didnt close, but the other function is normal, for example the HALO brighteness and comfort closing all function is normal, i put orange in pin 6 and green in pin 14, red in pin 16 and brown in pin 4
My setting is as below:
FUNCTION 1-SETTING 1(MODULE ENABLED)
FUNCTION 2-SETTING 1(RETAIN LAST USED EVC POSITION ON STARTUP)
FUNCTION 3-SETTING 3(MUTE AS WITH FLAP OPEN & CLOSE)
FUNCTION 4-SETTING 2(CLOSE WINDOWS ONLY)
FUNCTION 5-SETTING 0(OFF THE FUNCTION OF OBD2 CLEARING)
FUNCTION 6-SETTING 1(ON THE FUNCTION OF HALOS FULL BRIGHTNESS)

i attach of my wire setting, but is hard to take the clear photo, hope you guys can help me Attachment 1366496
Forums restrictions limit the number of sale threads posts per day but would be happy to follow up with a PM to help.

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2016, 05:27 PM   #105
kevin @ eas
United_States
Rep

Macht Schnell the original EVC

In stock and ready to ship

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #106
kevin @ eas
United_States
Rep

Macht Schnell - The original EVC module

Ready to ship out same day

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2016, 05:30 PM   #107
kevin @ eas
United_States
Rep

The original exhausts valve controller in stock and ready to ship

Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 07:06 AM   #108
sandjam
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016

I purchased the Macht Schnell EVC and have it installed. I have a question on one of the functions.

I have the comfort close (close windows and fold mirrors) setting turned on.

It works fine when locking the car. However if I am in the car and have not yet opened my door and I shut off the engine, then shut off the car (2 presses of Start/Stop Button), then the windows roll up and mirrors fold, even though I’m not locking the car.

The only way I can stop it is if I don’t push the start/stop button twice.

That’s not how it’s advertised it works. Is that correct? I was having trouble initially getting the comfort close to work at all. I had to reset it a bunch of times.

When you change settings is it actually writing to the ECU’s like I was coding the car?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #109
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandjam View Post
I purchased the Macht Schnell EVC and have it installed. I have a question on one of the functions.

I have the comfort close (close windows and fold mirrors) setting turned on.

It works fine when locking the car. However if I am in the car and have not yet opened my door and I shut off the engine, then shut off the car (2 presses of Start/Stop Button), then the windows roll up and mirrors fold, even though I’m not locking the car.

The only way I can stop it is if I don’t push the start/stop button twice.

That’s not how it’s advertised it works. Is that correct? I was having trouble initially getting the comfort close to work at all. I had to reset it a bunch of times.

When you change settings is it actually writing to the ECU’s like I was coding the car?

Thanks
PM coming as the forum limits responses in this section.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 06:20 AM   #110
Tweddle
Rep
Drives: 1M

has anyone got DIY instruction for this?

is it available in the UK?
Appreciate 0