BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

07-22-2021, 09:09 AM   #1
21M235IXGC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Has anyone added or upgraded their sound system

I have the original sound system in my car and unfortunately I did not get the HK . Has anyone added an BAV style under seat subs or anything .

Any suggestions as i assume I will need a secondary amp unless they come amplified already .

Looking to see if anyone upgraded their existing system without adding any big sub boxes or anything in the truck as looking for something hidden and discreet .

Looking for ideas , thanks
      07-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
21M235IXGC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M235IXGC View Post
I have the original sound system in my car and unfortunately I did not get the HK . Has anyone added an BAV style under seat subs or anything .

Any suggestions as i assume I will need a secondary amp unless they come amplified already .

Looking to see if anyone upgraded their existing system without adding any big sub boxes or anything in the truck as looking for something hidden and discreet .

Bueller???
      07-26-2021, 10:56 AM   #3
BlownLSX
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C6Z, M235iGC, 330i

Quote:
Quote:

Bueller???
You can get the bav subs from their x1/2 kit as it's the same part number. As far as the rest of the system you will need to cross reference the speakers from our cars to another bmw. bav doesn't support our car yet so you have to do your own digging.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 11:05 AM   #4
21M235IXGC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Bueller???
You can get the bav subs from their x1/2 kit as it's the same part number. As far as the rest of the system you will need to cross reference the speakers from our cars to another bmw. bav doesn't support our car yet so you have to do your own digging.
Word , so the BAV x1/ x2 speakers are the same thanks bud , I will probably just replace the underseat woofers but I'm assuming I'll need an amp otherwise it might not sound much of a difference.. I wish I had the HK system
      07-26-2021, 12:31 PM   #5
BlownLSX
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bueller???
Word , so the BAV x1/ x2 speakers are the same thanks bud , I will probably just replace the underseat woofers but I'm assuming I'll need an amp otherwise it might not sound much of a difference.. I wish I had the HK system
You don't need a amp my friend. The bav speakers are designed to just be most sensitive with more punch from the same wattage/ohms this will give a much hard and deeper sound. If you've even been in a 7 series with Bowers & Wilkins, that's what the new subs will sound like. A friend of mine has them in his M2 and it pounds.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 12:51 PM   #6
21M235IXGC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bueller???
You don't need a amp my friend. The bav speakers are designed to just be most sensitive with more punch from the same wattage/ohms this will give a much hard and deeper sound. If you've even been in a 7 series with Bowers & Wilkins, that's what the new subs will sound like. A friend of mine has them in his M2 and it pounds.
I also want to add a amplified 10" small enclosure in the truck , do you know since we don't have any rear deck speakers to splice into the hi power signal where I can splice them into beside running them all up front.
      07-26-2021, 01:09 PM   #7
BlownLSX
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bueller???
I also want to add a amplified 10" small enclosure in the truck , do you know since we don't have any rear deck speakers to splice into the hi power signal where I can splice them into beside running them all up front.
Best way to do it is to get a line to rca adapter. You can tap into the subwoofer leads to get your signal and run your wires to the truck. As far as your amp turn on you'll have to tap into a turn on from something in the trunk area. That will be the most annoying is finding switched power that won't prevent the car from going to sleep.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 06:07 PM   #8
21M235IXGC
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Bueller???
Best way to do it is to get a line to rca adapter. You can tap into the subwoofer leads to get your signal and run your wires to the truck. As far as your amp turn on you'll have to tap into a turn on from something in the trunk area. That will be the most annoying is finding switched power that won't prevent the car from going to sleep.
Thanks