E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Very dirty car about to receive Zaino treatment...

09-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #23
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

can i find zaino at a store ?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2005, 09:05 PM   #24
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E21 320i, E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball pete
can i find zaino at a store ?
I think it is mail order only. You could also give Mothers Synwax FX a try. I will cost about $11 and I heard the shine compares to Zaino. I used Mothers Reflections (bought at Pep boys for $18) wich gives a "warmer" shine and really liked the results. Synwax is supposed to be shinier. Some pics with Reflections:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2005, 05:43 PM   #25
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by etherbored
does mothers synwax buff out as easily (as zaino)?
-e-
I have not tried Zaino or Synwax myself but I can tell you that I can not imagine anything buffing out easier than Mothers Reflexions. You litteraly just wipe it off. People that have tried Synwax say that is it easy to wipe off also. Neither one of the Mothers products will last as long as the Zaino though.
For me, the cost and convenience of buying local was a factor. I also like to try different products and usually wax every couple of months anyways. I actually had a bottle of Sywax in my hands today but I put it back (have plenty of Reflections, Gold Class, and Zymol). I did buy a PC random orbit polisher though
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2005, 07:29 PM   #26
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

you guys are LITERALLY out of your minds. 5 hours washing a car?!?!?! thats a little silly. even when i showed my last car, it would only get 2-3 hours of care. and it took home trophies. that INCULDED polishing the wheels. which took more then an hour alone.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 02:55 PM   #27
drednik
Private
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercat
drednik, Are we ever going to see the after pics? I'm curious to see how it came out.
Hi Petercat. Sorry. Been very busy. So much so that I'm beginning to consider going to a pro detailer. I talked to one today. About $350 for complete exterior and interior. Sounds good. I don't really have the time to hunt down all the equipment that I'd need for Zaino: 100% cotton towels, buckets with grit guard, hand-held vacuum, etc.

On the other hand, I really do want to do it myself. I guess I'm also worried about not doing a good job. Plus, I don't know how to deal with the interior stuff, like the vinyl, the carpets, and leather seats.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 06:58 PM   #28
Black325i
'06 325i / Jet Black / 6sp manual / Sports Package / Active Steering / Adap Lights
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i

I have been a Zaino convert, but for those questioning the value of doing it yourself....lets just say for some its a labour of love...even theraputic !
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #29
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black325i
I have been a Zaino convert, but for those questioning the value of doing it yourself....lets just say for some its a labour of love...even theraputic !
Agreed, plus when your done, you have the satisfaction of knowing you are responsible for that intense shine and gloss!

But mainly, I prefer to do as much as I can myself because in this case, nobody, NOBODY is going to wash your car with the same care as you! When I wash my car, I wash almost everything I can see/touch, detailers don't do that!

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2005, 04:59 PM   #30
cosmosblau
cunning, baffling, powerful
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 535i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRC
Agreed, plus when your done, you have the satisfaction of knowing you are responsible for that intense shine and gloss!

But mainly, I prefer to do as much as I can myself because in this case, nobody, NOBODY is going to wash your car with the same care as you! When I wash my car, I wash almost everything I can see/touch, detailers don't do that!

Danny

-word.
      09-23-2005, 08:24 PM   #31
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for this, but I did the stupidest thing today. I was going to get my car hand washed by a Professional detailer today but I stopped by a Shell gas station first. Right next door, they had an automated car wash. Even after reading all the posts about not taking your car through a car wash, I did it anyway. I was kind of pressed for time and I figured eh, might as well try it once.

So I pull into the Shell car wash and they used these really high pressure jets of water to hose the car down, and this funny looking goo doused the car, which I am assuming is some cheap wax. To top it off, they dried it off with some used red terry cloth towels that stuck to the car. I know, I should be ashamed.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2005, 11:41 PM   #32
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

i've never used this zaino stuff, and i'm not saying it doesn't do a good job, but on a new car i really can't tell the difference when i wash it and wax it. i only used to notice on my older car i had a 99 integra. on my tsx, it always seemed shiny to me, even when i hadn't washed it in a month.

do you guys really notice a difference with this stuff on a brand new paint job? i always thought that if it was good paint, it will look good no matter what until it starts aging.

for example, this picture: hadn't had my car washed in at least 3 weeks, and i don't park in a garage at home.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2005, 12:33 AM   #33
cosmosblau
cunning, baffling, powerful
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 535i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
i've never used this zaino stuff, and i'm not saying it doesn't do a good job, but on a new car i really can't tell the difference when i wash it and wax it. i only used to notice on my older car i had a 99 integra. on my tsx, it always seemed shiny to me, even when i hadn't washed it in a month.

do you guys really notice a difference with this stuff on a brand new paint job? i always thought that if it was good paint, it will look good no matter what until it starts aging.

for example, this picture: hadn't had my car washed in at least 3 weeks, and i don't park in a garage at home.

I hear what you are saying, and I was skeptical too, but I was blown away when I was finished. My wife, who usually doesn't care or notice these types of things, was amazed. The most noteworthy feature is it's ability to repel dust. I haven't washed my car in 2 weeks parking outside, and it looks totally bling bling. It is true my car is silver, but there is a monumental difference with the zaino.
      09-24-2005, 07:06 PM   #34
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Nikki, your car may have not been washed in three weeks but it looks like you don't use your breaks either. There is no break dust on those rims (unless they were originally chrome) and the side walls on the tires are clearly darker than the tread, indicating some kind of dressing used recently. Stop messing with the Zinonites' minds!
For the pistures of my car (non-zaino) I had not washed it in about a week but did quick detail it and clean the rims for the pics. The rims were blackened and there was noticeable dust on the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2005, 08:11 PM   #35
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
Nikki, your car may have not been washed in three weeks but it looks like you don't use your breaks either. There is no break dust on those rims (unless they were originally chrome) and the side walls on the tires are clearly darker than the tread, indicating some kind of dressing used recently. Stop messing with the Zinonites' minds!
For the pistures of my car (non-zaino) I had not washed it in about a week but did quick detail it and clean the rims for the pics. The rims were blackened and there was noticeable dust on the car.
well it's hard to see dirt on them because they're a gunmetal color, but japanese cars don't have the brake dust problem like the german cars do. although, no i don't use my brakes as much as many people because i drive a manual. as far as the tread, i dunno because the last time i had my tires done was at least a month before that picture was taken.

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2005, 08:20 PM   #36
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

for reference, this is just after a wax, i use meguiar's.
maybe i'll think about the zaino but i'm not convinced yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2005, 08:33 PM   #37
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW786
I'm probably going to get a lot of flak for this, but I did the stupidest thing today. I was going to get my car hand washed by a Professional detailer today but I stopped by a Shell gas station first. Right next door, they had an automated car wash. Even after reading all the posts about not taking your car through a car wash, I did it anyway. I was kind of pressed for time and I figured eh, might as well try it once.

So I pull into the Shell car wash and they used these really high pressure jets of water to hose the car down, and this funny looking goo doused the car, which I am assuming is some cheap wax. To top it off, they dried it off with some used red terry cloth towels that stuck to the car. I know, I should be ashamed.

Are you looking for absolution, my son?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2005, 09:06 PM   #38
ga-bmwdrvr
First Lieutenant
Rep

Nikki, that car looks awsome. Did you use Meguiars NSX or some of the fancier stuff? Maybe some #80 polish followed by NSX or GC wax topped by #26 yellow would be my guess. If you can keep your car looking like that, there is no need to change to Zaino. On my TiAG 330i I use Mother's Reflections and like the warm glow it gives. Tried SynwaxFX and it looked shinier but the flakes were not as notable. On my Huter Green Jeep I use Meguiars GC topped with #26 and it looks great on the dark paint.

Anyways, even new paint needs good protection, Zaino or otherwise. Remember what drednick's car looked like after a month. Yours does better because of the wax you are using.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2005, 10:08 PM   #39
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ga-bmwdrvr
Nikki, that car looks awsome. Did you use Meguiars NSX or some of the fancier stuff? Maybe some #80 polish followed by NSX or GC wax topped by #26 yellow would be my guess.
Actually I just washed with Meguiar's Soft Scrub and waxed with one coat Meguiar's Step 3 Carnuba Wax. I got the car in June '04 and I've waxed it twice since then. I know I should probably do it more than every 6 months but it looks fine even when I don't wash it in a month so I don't bother.

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 11:18 AM   #40
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2002 E46 325i  [0.00]
2012 E70 35i  [0.00]
Nikki, trust me, zaino will blow you away! More so on new paint!! I have 10 coats on so far and it just looks amazing. I wish I had a camera, but if you do it yourself, you'll be posting back the amazing results yourself!

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #41
BMW786
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGraphite90

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman
Are you looking for absolution, my son?
haha, i just hope my car can forgive me.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #42
67Stallion
Registered
Rep
Drives: 1967 mustang with a BIG p**is

i know this is an old post, but after readin g it and hearing eveyone jump up and down and holler about how good this "Zaino" stuff is, and saw how much it costs i started laughing,fell on the floor, and after i finally got straightened out and wiped the tears from my eyes and HAD to reply.

why in the world would you spend that kind of money on that crud?.....you think its shiney, but some of those cars i looked at that were posted dont really know what shiny is.

i wash my car with meguires car wash ( $4.49), and wax it with meguires tech wax 2.0 (about $14.00) about every 3 months if it needs it or not, and thats all i do and my paint looks like a sheet of wet glass. it looks like its 3" deep, and looks like you could stick your finger in and swirl it around.i use Meguires hot shine on the tires.

furthermore, my car color is known as "MIDNIGHT MIST BLUE" which is about 2 shades from being black. the tech wax 2.0 repels dust pretty good. what you see in the picture is 2 1/2 weeks living in a really dirty area without washing or wiping down woth a "california duster". even after 2+ weeks, you can still read newsprint in it

just remeber guys, just because something is more expensive doesn't always mean it is better.
Appreciate 0