BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-31-2015, 11:02 PM   #23
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
Yeah ... My cold starts like a diesel tractor with straight pipes ... I notice that if I start rolling immediately, ie, put load on the motor, it is not as bad ...

I assume you had to give yours up/got tired of swapping back to catted DP, due to the emissions law in your state?
That's exactly why I gave mine up :/ (maybe one day I'll go back once they stop using the sniffer test)

I have a couple of clips on my youtube channel of when I had my muffler delete only. Feel free to check em out.

Not sure if you have the same issue with your muffler delete, but mine would howl at full throttle. I didn't like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2015, 06:48 AM   #24
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basheezy View Post
That's exactly why I gave mine up :/ (maybe one day I'll go back once they stop using the sniffer test)

I have a couple of clips on my youtube channel of when I had my muffler delete only. Feel free to check em out.

Not sure if you have the same issue with your muffler delete, but mine would howl at full throttle. I didn't like that.
I did not do the muffler delete. I still use the stock muffler. All I have is the N55 catless downpipe on an otherwise completely stock N55 exhaust system (midpipe with y-pipe + single resonator, and axle-back stock muffler).

I do have the howl @ WOT that you mention. It comes from the front passenger, downpipe area, and floods out the exhaust note completely.
Im not sure if the Vibrant resonators would eliminate that howl. Im probably going to visit a specialized exhaust shop, for their assessment on how to reduce of get rid of that sound, if it is even possible.

The power I gained from the DP + stage 2 agressive PTF custom tune is phenomenal, so I dont want to revert back to stock catted DP.
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts

Last edited by dcaron9999; 03-19-2015 at 03:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2015, 12:44 AM   #25
Top Gon
Bashar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW Z4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basheezy View Post

I did not do the muffler delete. I still use the stock muffler. All I have is the N55 catless downpipe on an otherwise completely stock N55 exhaust system (midpipe with y-pipe + single resonator, and axle-back stock muffler).

I do have the howl @ WOT that you mention. It comes from the front passenger, downpipe area, and floods out the exhaust note completely.
Im not sure if the Vibrant resonators would eliminate that howl. Im probably going to visit a specialized exhaust shop, for their assessment on how to reduce of get rid of that sound, if it even possible.

The power I gained from the DP + stage 2 agressive PTF custom tune is phenomenal, so I dont want to revert back to stock catted DP.
Ahh. I don't know why I thought you already had a muffler delete. Yeah the power and throttle response from the cat less down pipes can really be felt.
Appreciate 0