BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Collection Day - UK M2C

09-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #1
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, 991 C2

Collection Day - UK M2C

So im finally getting it tomorrow! Went to see it today and must say im thrilled with the way it looks. Love the paint, wheels everything. Echoing what many have said, you've got to see it in person to fully appreciate it. Love the orange interior too.

I did manage to listen to a cold start. Tbh i really like the initial sound of the exhaust. Didn't rev it because it was cold and brand new, but first impression was good. Certainly don't hate it. The black 788 wheels look a lot darker in person than in photos too. Unless in direct sunlight, they look black - especially contrasted with HS.

Spec:

Hockenheim Silver
Orange stitching
ZMW M2 Plus Pack
- 788M jet black
- Sun protection glass
- Seat heating front
- Adaptive LED
- Harman Kardon
DCT
2NH M Brakes
Reversing Camera
Windscreen shade band
Exterior mirrors folding with anti - dazzle

EDIT: Picked it up and have had it out all evening. Its frustrating having to keep revs below 5.5k, but i can tell the S55 is potent and wants to go. I find comfort steering too light and sport plus is also lighter feeling than id expected. Great turn in though and it corners like its on rails. I can tell the back end is lively as its tried stepping out at a couple of junctions even with full DSC on.....in the dry. The sensation of speed is much less than in the 235i, as in you don't realise how fast you're going (even in break in period) until you catch a glance of the speedo. One thing, that i think has been mentioned, is the crest on the steering wheel column obscures a chunk of the black panel display, so i cant see the temp gauge or all of the digital speedo when in my preferred position. Think ill have to play around with it a bit to see if i can work something out. In sport plus, the throttle setting brings out the pops and burbles in the exhaust which i actually really like. Its not OTT (particulate filters?) and adds to the mechanical sound of the S55 nicely. Ill try and grab a sound clip tomorrow. I haven't explored too much of the DCT settings as it doesn't exactly help keep revs at a controlled level. So think ill look into that more after break in. Initial impressions are very good! Roll on break in service!

Last edited by allthatisntnow; 09-12-2018 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 9
cptobvious2531.50
StLuis51458.50
Davil6599.00
Poochie9107.50
Robin_NL8782.50
JustChris17602.50
ChrisK4454.00
      09-11-2018, 02:05 PM   #2
Twinsturbo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton AW MT

We also need a nice exhaust video of a warm car in sport plus with som nice light revs
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2018, 02:34 PM   #3
kmuk2005
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition (HS, DCT)

Proper jealous mate! Congrats. This is the 1st on UK shores that I’ve seen. 4 long weeks left for me 🙁
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
Vintage
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 (MT), 718 Spyder

Interior pics please as I spy ORANGE!!!!
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #5
BishUK
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 DCT LBB

Congrats dude! As mentioned above, first M2C on U.K. shores I've seen too. Glad to hear you are happy with the colour and wheels etc..
Mine arrives in U.K. early next week and I've gone for HS too and the dark wheels. Will be second Beemer in a row I've bought without seeing colour in person, currently driving OG M2 in LBB.
Enjoy the run-in!
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2018, 01:56 AM   #6
Andy_911
Rep
Drives: F430 & JCW GP2

Congrats, looks amazing!

I'm holding back on ordering until I've seen HS.

Hope to see your car kicking around the Northeast
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2018, 02:16 AM   #7
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_911 View Post
Congrats, looks amazing!

I'm holding back on ordering until I've seen HS.

Hope to see your car kicking around the Northeast
Thanks! I had reservations on the colour initially when placing the order, but they were massively allayed when the first US cars started being delivered and everyone seemed to love it after seeing it. Its not an in-your-face colour, but it just looks right. It definitely has some silver element to it, but in shade also has a blue/grey hue. Im a massive mineral grey fan, but i think im going to end up appreciating HS just as much based on initial impressions.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 02:24 AM   #8
Andy_911
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatisntnow View Post
Thanks! I had reservations on the colour initially when placing the order, but they were massively allayed when the first US cars started being delivered and everyone seemed to love it after seeing it. Its not an in-your-face colour, but it just looks right. It definitely has some silver element to it, but in shade also has a blue/grey hue. Im a massive mineral grey fan, but i think im going to end up appreciating HS just as much based on initial impressions.
There seams to be a lot of love for the HS so I doubt i'll be disapointed. Looking forward to seeing the black wheels too as I'll probably spec those. Have you gone for the big brakes? Which dealership you using? Silverlink/Wallsend are supposed to be giving me a shout when they get one in.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 02:39 AM   #9
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_911 View Post
There seams to be a lot of love for the HS so I doubt i'll be disapointed. Looking forward to seeing the black wheels too as I'll probably spec those. Have you gone for the big brakes? Which dealership you using? Silverlink/Wallsend are supposed to be giving me a shout when they get one in.
Yes, its got 2NH big brakes. They look absurdly big. Ive got no immediate plans to track it, so on the road they are literally just for show/eye candy. I bought at Durham and got their first allocation. Their subsequent customer cars are spread out between now and January, so its certainly seems like its going to be a bit of a trickle release for the first 6 months or so. Availability will get much better next year by the sounds of things.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 03:21 AM   #10
Andy_911
Rep

Quote:
Yes, its got 2NH big brakes. They look absurdly big. Ive got no immediate plans to track it, so on the road they are literally just for show/eye candy. I bought at Durham and got their first allocation. Their subsequent customer cars are spread out between now and January, so its certainly seems like its going to be a bit of a trickle release for the first 6 months or so. Availability will get much better next year by the sounds of things.
Excellent, looking forward for more photos ;-)
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 05:20 AM   #11
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

Awesome - very jealous mines here in November with the exact same spec! If you’re headed down south at all and passing through Oxfordshire I would love to see it in person before mine arrives, not being able to see HS in person is driving me slightly mad debating between black and silver..... you’ll have all the magazines hunting you down to use it for reviews.....
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2018, 05:22 AM   #12
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
So im finally getting it tomorrow! Went to see it today and must say im thrilled with the way it looks. Love the paint, wheels everything. Echoing what many have said, you've got to see it in person to fully appreciate it. Love the orange interior too.

I did manage to listen to a cold start. Tbh i really like the initial sound of the exhaust. Didn't rev it because it was cold and brand new, but first impression was good. Certainly don't hate it. The black 788 wheels look a lot darker in person than in photos too. Unless in direct sunlight, they look black - especially contrasted with HS.

Ill throw a few more photos up after i collect.

I have to wait a few more weeks to collect mine.

Which brakes do you have, blue or gray?
Do you happen to have pics from the side?

We don't see EU/UK M2c very often.

Congrats.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2018, 06:48 AM   #13
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachesmith View Post
Awesome - very jealous mines here in November with the exact same spec! If you’re headed down south at all and passing through Oxfordshire I would love to see it in person before mine arrives, not being able to see HS in person is driving me slightly mad debating between black and silver..... you’ll have all the magazines hunting you down to use it for reviews.....
Haha, if i end up in the area ill let you know. Its seemed like an eternity waiting for it. The closer it gets the slower time seems to pass. November is just round the corner at least, id hate to be waiting for one after Christmas at this point, albeit the hunt for winter tyres will have to start soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post

I have to wait a few more weeks to collect mine.

Which brakes do you have, blue or gray?
Do you happen to have pics from the side?

We don't see EU/UK M2c very often.

Congrats.

Cheers
Robin
Ill grab some more pics after i pick it up. Which should be within the next four or so hours. Its 2NH big brakes, ill update the original post with the spec.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2018, 07:57 AM   #14
crazyzxf
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2C

Great spec! Enjoy it before the winter!
      09-12-2018, 11:21 AM   #15
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Congratulations!
      09-12-2018, 02:10 PM   #16
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

More pics............ please?
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #17
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

OP, nice!

Same spec as my order, except I had to drop 2NH brakes due to shortage they can't be ordered as of last 3 weeks "until further notice"

Ordered last week, delivery due end Nov.

Can't wait....
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2018, 12:14 AM   #18
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Wheels look good. More of a smoke finish than a jet black IMO?
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #19
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Wheels look good. More of a smoke finish than a jet black IMO?
Yeah, the face of the wheel is a smoked tint, but the sides of the spokes are a solid jet black. The 788M really suits the car in the flesh.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 12:19 PM   #20
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Hmm. That's the first decent description I've had.

Is the solid black part satin or gloss?

I didn't order them cos i don't like full black wheel and i thought yours were the non black wheels before today as the spokes faces weren't black..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #21
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Now i know these are the black ones I can't find any images of NON black 788...
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:51 AM   #22
Davil
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 21 Vantage, 18 Vantage, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Now i know these are the black ones I can't find any images of NON black 788...
There are loads. Here are two. Both have the black inner. The “black” ones have a tint in the face. I like them both a lot. Slightly prefer the non-black.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0