BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Dealer Installed Accessories

08-11-2016, 04:14 PM   #1
ohnnyj
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Dealer Installed Accessories

After much back and forth finally settled on a list of accessories only to be informed that I cannot order them until the car arrives at the dealership???

Is this normal?

I would prefer to not have to wait even longer after delivery for the parts to be ordered and arrive.

Maybe I should just order them from bmwusa.com and have them delivered to my home. Or maybe http://getbmwparts.com, though I haven't checked to see if they have the items I want.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #2
Dabozo
Major
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 BSM MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnnyj View Post
After much back and forth finally settled on a list of accessories only to be informed that I cannot order them until the car arrives at the dealership???

Is this normal?

I would prefer to not have to wait even longer after delivery for the parts to be ordered and arrive.

Maybe I should just order them from bmwusa.com and have them delivered to my home. Or maybe http://getbmwparts.com, though I haven't checked to see if they have the items I want.
Huh? So long as u pay up front why should it matter? Guess they don't want your money. Their loss.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 07:05 PM   #3
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
Quote:

Is this normal?

Which accessories? Many can be installed at the port but it will still delay delivery.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
OrangeCrush
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #513/740

Quote:

Is this normal?

Order from getbmwparts.com. They have some of the best prices around.
VO BMW 1M
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2016, 07:47 PM   #5
parrnan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LBB DCT with the great MPE

Quote:

Is this normal?

I guess that it's not normal.

Few weeks ago I've asked to my SA to order gloss black kidney and gloss black side grille in order to make sure to install them as soon as they receive my car and prior to delivery. He confirmed me that everything has been ordered and will arrive at the dealership before my car. The parts has been added to my order with a 10% rebate on them.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 04:40 PM   #6
ohnnyj
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll talk a look at getbmwparts. If I go that route do I have to install the parts myself, would a dealer (any dealer) install parts purchased elsewhere?

My first thought was to get items installed at port. From my initial list I was told only the following could be installed at port:

kidney grills
foot pedals
door sille
mirror caps

These I was told I needed to have installed at the dealer:

spoiler
side grilles
interior CF trim
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 06:42 PM   #7
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks everyone for the replies. I'll talk a look at getbmwparts. If I go that route do I have to install the parts myself, would a dealer (any dealer) install parts purchased elsewhere?

My first thought was to get items installed at port. From my initial list I was told only the following could be installed at port:

kidney grills
foot pedals
door sille
mirror caps

These I was told I needed to have installed at the dealer:

spoiler
side grilles
interior CF trim
All of those except the spoiler can be installed at the port. Actually I'm not sure about the side grill.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 07:08 PM   #8
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfields View Post
All of those except the spoiler can be installed at the port. Actually I'm not sure about the side grill.
I had side gills and front grills installed at port.
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0