BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

01-16-2021, 11:52 AM   #1
liam4393
Rep
Drives: 2020 G06 X6

BMW Live Cockpit Plus

Asking for a colleague who has recently taken delivery of a UK 118i M Sport with the standard Live Cockpit Plus (not the full digital screen version).

The part circled shows nothing. Pressing the BC button on the indicator column does nothing either. The car has been back to the BMW dealer today, and they are beginning to think this is normal?

My question is therefore with the Live Cockpit Plus, should it be possible to see a digital speedo readout in the part circled?

Thanks in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 12:32 PM   #2
jpms
Rep
Drives: BMW 218i F44

Hi, it should display different widgets including the speed, which can be enabled or disabled (on by default) from the car settings menu. I hope it just that and nothing more complex.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 02:10 PM   #3
Cabbage
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M550i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
I think you should check the iDrive system under the instrument cluster settings. Keep me updated!
      01-30-2021, 04:42 AM   #4
MJE60
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: BMW G01 xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by liam4393 View Post
Asking for a colleague who has recently taken delivery of a UK 118i M Sport with the standard Live Cockpit Plus (not the full digital screen version).

The part circled shows nothing. Pressing the BC button on the indicator column does nothing either. The car has been back to the BMW dealer today, and they are beginning to think this is normal?

My question is therefore with the Live Cockpit Plus, should it be possible to see a digital speedo readout in the part circled?

Thanks in advance
Have you selected additional content to be displayed from the iDrive? I do not have your model and my car has ID7 but I would expect options for any extended content display.

May I also recommend you download the BMW drivers guide app, it is VIN specific and gives only content for your car configuration. If you search the guide using word “imprint” it will also show you the software version in your car. This may be useful as you could ask for a car software update if content is not being properly displayed.
Appreciate 0