BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

02-16-2021, 06:35 AM   #1
vod74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i XDrive (F40)

Snow chains 19inch wheels

Hi all, any advice / recommendations for snow chains on the 19 inch wheels? I went to BMW and they do not have any / nor can they recommend any models...which i found very strange!

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 09:51 PM   #2
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vod74 View Post
Hi all, any advice / recommendations for snow chains on the 19 inch wheels? I went to BMW and they do not have any / nor can they recommend any models...which i found very strange!

thanks!
Not sure if you can fit snow chains with the 19s due the the inner clearance i.e suspension inner guard etc. I did notice when I fitted spacers 10mm this does provide more clearance on the inner part of the wheel but not sure how this works when you turn the wheel.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 02:41 PM   #3
vod74
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M135i XDrive (F40)

Quote:
Originally Posted by knali8 View Post
Not sure if you can fit snow chains with the 19s due the the inner clearance i.e suspension inner guard etc. I did notice when I fitted spacers 10mm this does provide more clearance on the inner part of the wheel but not sure how this works when you turn the wheel.
hey thanks for getting back to me on this. in fact BMW called me a few days after i had asked them about this. they did recommend one model of snow chains for the 19s at 350 euros for the pair. i decided not to go for it. but they do exist and BMW sell them.
Appreciate 0