E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > My first window malfunction

10-30-2006, 06:01 AM   #1
meruyailir
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E90 325, E70 X5 3.0

My first window malfunction

It happened two weeks ago. Initially I couldn't roll up the driver's side window. I tried everything to no avail. Then with the driver's window still all the way down, I played around with the front passenger's. Roll up and down a few times. Suddenly it wouldn't roll up either. So I had the 2 front windows all the way down.

I panicked and called the dealer. After a few tries here and there, finally I was asked to remove two fuses behind the glove compartment and then put them back in, number 36 and something else I don't remember, which voila fixed the problem.

Computer reset, that's what they said. Oh well....
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2006, 03:00 PM   #2
kevE90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F8x

I wonder if E9x owners will be plagued with window regulators breaking like E46 owners. Would BMW be the type to learn/correct mistakes from past or is this one of those easy to deal with problems we put up with for owning the ultimate driving machine. Window seals, sunroof shade, water pumps, control arms & bushings, etc. What should we expect? I know it will probably be more electrical related (sensors, etc). Is BMW known for actually improving on it's reliability (not saying it is bad).
Appreciate 0