BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

03-23-2022, 02:12 PM   #89
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat1977 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBudgie View Post
I’ve just ordered the M Sport 218i 2 Series in Melbourne Red, being told 6-9 months, how long does it take to get an estimated delivery date? I’ve ordered directly through BMW Park Lane London. … Long wait begins 😨
From my experience alone you are looking at minimum 6 months wait, so far mine has been 9 months
9 months so far for you? :O what did you order, spec wise?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 02:14 PM   #90
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moominter View Post
We received an email from the dealer , they said great news we have your build date but the bad news is it the end of 2022 , we ordered mid October last year .
Well that's disappointing! Sorry to hear, how comes orders I made state 6 months estimated delivery but yours will be over a year?

Did you order specific tech/packages which may have delayed it?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 01:34 AM   #91
moominter
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Quote:
We received an email from the dealer , they said great news we have your build date but the bad news is it the end of 2022 , we ordered mid October last year .
Well that's disappointing! Sorry to hear, how comes orders I made state 6 months estimated delivery but yours will be over a year?

Yes Tech / comfort 2 /Pro packs
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 01:38 AM   #92
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ouch! Well I'm sure it will be worth the wait though!
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 03:33 AM   #93
rat1977
Private
Rep
Drives: 2series M235i

Quote:
Thats quite normal, I ordered in July 2021 and car has not been provided yet, due April 2022
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 07:48 AM   #94
moominter
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ouch! Well I'm sure it will be worth the wait though!
Yeah , we was told March delivery when ordering obviously.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 08:50 AM   #95
rat1977
Private
Rep

There is some positive news in that orders are starting to take place as my M235 is at sea and hopefully arriving soon. Albeit 9 month wait
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2022, 03:42 PM   #96
WildeOne
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i GC

Quote:
There is some positive news in that orders are starting to take place as my M235 is at sea and hopefully arriving soon. Albeit 9 month wait
Great news
Appreciate 1
rat197711.50
      03-25-2022, 10:37 AM   #97
rat1977
Private
Rep

Quote:
9 months so far for you? :O what did you order, spec wise?
I ordered M235 with Tech and Pro pack plus leather BMWBudgie, just been informed the car arrives on the 1st April to collect. that is exactly 9months to the day !!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 11:04 AM   #98
Mcr2Series
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2 Series Gran Coupe

Quote:
I ordered M235 with Tech and Pro pack plus leather BMWBudgie, just been informed the car arrives on the 1st April to collect. that is exactly 9months to the day !!

How annoyed would you be when you get there and they say:
“April Fools! 🥳 It won’t be ready till May”.
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2022, 11:31 AM   #99
rat1977
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcr2Series View Post
How annoyed would you be when you get there and they say:
“April Fools! 🥳 It won’t be ready till May”.
Mcr2Series if they say that next week i am buying a gun on the black market and popping one in them !!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 03:53 PM   #100
Natedogg80
Rep
Drives: 2 series

Hey I been following this thread for a while. Thought I'd throw my 2 pence in. Ordered my 2 series in June 21'. Still waiting. My anticipated delivery date has been changed 9 times... seriously. I'm down for June 22'. Now, but for real I'm not even sure if that is realistic at the moment. I'm just not sure how they prioritise builds - frustrating as f#
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 05:27 PM   #101
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg80 View Post
Hey I been following this thread for a while. Thought I'd throw my 2 pence in. Ordered my 2 series in June 21'. Still waiting. My anticipated delivery date has been changed 9 times... seriously. I'm down for June 22'. Now, but for real I'm not even sure if that is realistic at the moment. I'm just not sure how they prioritise builds - frustrating as f#
Lordy! That's horrific, what dealer did you order it through? And did they give any reason as to why they've had to delay it 9 times?….
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 02:35 AM   #102
rat1977
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg80 View Post
I agree Natedogg80, it's so frustrating to get no decent updates and for them to keep moving dates on you. I had 7 different dates before getting my current date but there is never any guarantees if that will be held to. Which dealer you gone through? I'm guessing each dealer has so many build slots and what they priortise in the dealer
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 03:47 AM   #103
wilsouk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Order delays

That's crazy as I ordered mine on the 30/06/21 from Stratstone BMW in Harrogate and it was eventually delivered on the 16/12/21.
This included all the packs plus the Driver Assistant package, Leather seats and a sunroof but did get stuck at the factory for over a month waiting to be finished.
I was told when I ordered it the garage had a build spot for October 2021 and guess that is what made the difference.
Their was a positive side to the delay as due to the increasing value of second hand cars I was able to sell my previous car for a lot more than the dealer had offered me.
Now I have had the car for a few months I am not disappointed. It is great fun to drive and the performance, when you need it, is amazing and always makes me smile. Ultimately the wait is frustrating but is worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 03:59 AM   #104
rat1977
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsouk View Post
That's crazy as I ordered mine on the 30/06/21 from Stratstone BMW in Harrogate and it was eventually delivered on the 16/12/21.
This included all the packs plus the Driver Assistant package, Leather seats and a sunroof but did get stuck at the factory for over a month waiting to be finished.
I was told when I ordered it the garage had a build spot for October 2021 and guess that is what made the difference.
Their was a positive side to the delay as due to the increasing value of second hand cars I was able to sell my previous car for a lot more than the dealer had offered me.
Now I have had the car for a few months I am not disappointed. It is great fun to drive and the performance, when you need it, is amazing and always makes me smile. Ultimately the wait is frustrating but is worth it.
wilsouk you are joking me!?!? I ordered mine on the same day and was told it would be delivered around October 21, then just had delay after delay on mine. I ordered Tech and Pro pack with leather so thinking because you ordered with further extra's on your deal. Anyway the wait is over and pick up on Friday 1st April just in time for the summer
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 06:51 AM   #105
rat1977
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsouk View Post
wilsouk by the way I ordered from the same car dealership
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 07:20 AM   #106
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I chased my dealership just for some form of estimated delivery date, but they haven't received one yet, as they are awaiting for them to be released.

In the meantime they've given me my production number if that can be used for anything at all?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 10:44 AM   #107
Natedogg80
Rep
Drives: 2 series

Yeah I think I ordered mine in mid June, around about the 20th. I was following rat's post and my delays seemed to be mirroring his exactly: My most recent delay was April pushed back to June. I noticed Rat managed to get some joy by contacting bmw directly - I've had no such luck! To be honest under normal circumstances I'd probably have cancelled my order, but the price differential is crazy now! So I'm getting very acquainted to that proverbial barrel that I find my self over. By the way my spec doesn't even have all the bells and whistle that other members have ordered. I ordered the m sport package, in black, automatic.
The excuses I have had from bmw is the global semiconductor chip shortage. I do think the 2 series in particular has been delayed. My partner ordered a 1 series 3 months after me. Hers arrived last Friday 😏
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 04:23 PM   #108
wilsouk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i Gran Coupe

Order delays

Yes rat1977 that is a scary coincidence and glad to hear your car is eventually due to be delivered in a few days time. When I picked mine up the garage did indicate they had been experiencing problems across the range and suspect I was lucky as they did say mine was the last build slot they had left for this car.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 12:59 PM   #109
rat1977
Private
Rep

Woohoo !! the car is at the dealership to collect and arranged for Monday first thing. Ordered 30th June, finally production started mid March 2022 and delivered 31st March 2022. Hope everyone that has orders outstanding get them very soon
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 01:20 PM   #110
WildeOne
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i GC

Quote:
Woohoo !! the car is at the dealership to collect and arranged for Monday first thing. Ordered 30th June, finally production started mid March 2022 and delivered 31st March 2022. Hope everyone that has orders outstanding get them very soon
Fantastic news for you at long last
Appreciate 0