E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Parts advice on door mirrors

09-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #1
neocleous
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i SE E92 Coupe

Parts advice on door mirrors

Hi all,

I have a 2007 E92 which came with heated door mirrors. For some reason both mirrors corroded so I have replaced them with aftermarket heated and dipping mirrors.

This is where my problem starts, My original mirrors had two wires that connected by blades to the glass for the heating element, the new mirrors have a four pin plug kind of contact.

Now with trial and error I could splice the original wiring into the mirror to get the heating element working but I would like them to dip to.

I spoke to someone at BMW who insists that the mirrors react to light to dip and don't need any wiring but this sounds totally wrong to me I'm sure there should be some kind of wiring loom that goes from my auto dipping rearview mirror to the door mirrors.

Does any one know if this is correct and the part number?

I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
neocleous
Private
Rep
Drives: 325i SE E92 Coupe

Bump
Appreciate 0