BMW 1-Series Forum (F20) 135i - 1Addicts.com > Second Generation 1 Series Forum > DIY Guides and Instructions > 2019 1 series ID 6 CarPlay retrofit

03-29-2024, 07:03 AM   #1
Med24
Registered
Rep
Drives: F20 2019 118i

2019 1 series ID 6 CarPlay retrofit

Hi guys,

I have a 2019 1 series m sport shadow with Idrive 6. It has Spotify pre installed and connected drive services. However I am itiching to get CarPlay on my car.

I was just wondering if anyone has a solution to CarPlay fitted. I have given my vin to people and they say I don’t have a wifi port. But I have not manually checked.

What is the best way to get CarPlay fitted? Without using an android screen?
Any advice would be much appreciated and if someone in the south of England who I could drive to would be willing to help I would be happy to pay.

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2024, 07:32 AM   #2
mr_jackd
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 125i

Yes I have done an OEM NBT Evo retrofit. Head to ebay and have a look for a seller naviprof. I ended up purchasing a kit for an f30 for the larger 8.8' screen. This was because f20 has the CID angled to the driver there is a small gap behind the screen that is covered by a plastic shroud on the OG CID. This doesnt bother me tho.

After buying the kit i installed the unit. It was pretty easy after watching a few videos online, the process is largely the same for all F series vehicles. Only notable thing is if your car has a CommBox installed in the boot, you have to run new cabling to the Mic which is a bit of a pain. I was fortunate that I dont have one and didnt need to try pull it through the headliner.

Once all the hardware was installed I messaged the seller and orginised time to get it "coded". Im not sure what he did here as he already had flashed the new ID6 HU to my VIN before he shipped it so 99% of the functions just worked.

Final result is a ID6 HU in my car with touchscreen and wireless carplay and dual device bluetooth. I will also add that the ID6 unit can have Spotify loaded into it for our android friends out there. It mirrors your phone's Spotify once you download the BMW app and login.

https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/naviprof

Last edited by mr_jackd; 05-16-2024 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: Accidentally clicked post instead of advanced.
Appreciate 0