BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

04-11-2022, 10:33 AM   #133
BurntSnail
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildeOne View Post
WTF 😳!! On the back of your post I messaged BMW UK on Insta to check if my order (early August 21) had been cancelled but mine is apparently still showing a ‘scheduled’ status meaning early stages of production (but still not confident about this) but estimated delivery date now showing as 30th July instead of 8th August. Time will tell…
I too messaged BMW UK on Twitter to ask why it's being cancelled entirely and what options I had but the chap who replied wasn't aware of cancellations but said he'd look into my order and come back to me. I'll update this thread with any info I get!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 04:59 AM   #134
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M Sport F30

Out of interest, how long did it take people from the date of order until they've received a build date/slot etc? Just so I know approximately the wait period until I get an estimated build date…currently at 4 weeks as of today
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 06:41 AM   #135
BurntSnail
Registered
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWBudgie View Post
Out of interest, how long did it take people from the date of order until they've received a build date/slot etc? Just so I know approximately the wait period until I get an estimated build date…currently at 4 weeks as of today
I never got a build date in the 7 months since I placed the order. I was just repeatedly told that no build date has been assigned.

I also heard back from BMW who have stated that the dealer didn't actually have the allocation available to them to place these orders and this is the reason they had to be cancelled.

Why it took 7 months I do not know but they are of course blaming Covid, part shortages and supply issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 06:52 AM   #136
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntSnail View Post
Quote:
I never got a build date in the 7 months since I placed the order. I was just repeatedly told that no build date has been assigned.

I also heard back from BMW who have stated that the dealer didn't actually have the allocation available to them to place these orders and this is the reason they had to be cancelled.

Why it took 7 months I do not know but they are of course blaming Covid, part shortages and supply issues.
That's pretty awful tbh, that they dragged you through 7 months, probably horrendous feeling.

The last update I had last weekend was this:

"I've taken a look, and the current status of your new car's showing as 'No Quota Available', which means it's in the early stages of production, and hasn't been given a build slot yet.

I'm sorry, but I don't know when a slot will be allocated, and because of this, there isn't an estimated delivery date that I can give you right now.

I can appreciate this isn't what you want to hear, but we're currently experiencing extreme order delays due to a global shortage of semiconductor parts and the conflict in Ukraine."

Seems that the semiconductor parts and the conflict in Ukraine are still causing mass issues for production with BMW ….
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 10:10 AM   #137
cukeuk
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Series 2 GC M235i xDrive

It has been cited this could last until 2024 as well...
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 10:52 AM   #138
WildeOne
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i GC

Just had a call from Williams BMW in Liverpool, saying they have got a M235i GC in White brand new in the showroom (presume it’s a cancelled customer order) if anyone is interested? I’m not sure of the exact spec but the OTR price is £39874 so under the £40k for tax.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2022, 03:10 PM   #139
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cukeuk View Post
It has been cited this could last until 2024 as well...
By the sounds of it, by the time we get our cars the 2030 ban on petrol/diesel cars will be in force
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2022, 05:04 AM   #140
moominter
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntSnail View Post
Glad to see some of you are starting to receive your vehicles.

I ordered mine (M235i) on 17 Sep, but had a call last week to say the order has been cancelled. Apparently BMW have cancelled 10,000 orders in the UK for cars that they are just not able to get built.

Gutted is an understatement! Anyone else had this?
Oh , not looking good for us with an order for a M235i later than you , will check next week .
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2022, 03:35 PM   #141
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Any updates on peoples orders recently?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 05:14 AM   #142
moominter
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Our M235i snapper rocks with pretty much all options other than sunfroof that was ordered last year is apparently still going to be built but it's delayed until at least January next year , it was due this March , our PCP is ending on our Merc the end of this coming September , we have the chance of a pre spec 220i 2 door M sport pro with comfort pack and leather seats in Brooklyn grey metallic , I have put a deposit on this car also waiting to drive a demo next week and decide if we should wait for the M235i GC or have the new 220i coupe this June .
Anyone driven a 220i coupe ?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2022, 08:28 AM   #143
HammdM
Registered
Rep
Drives: F44 M235i

Picking mine up tomorrow, went in yday to finalise paperwork. Spoke to the salesman who told me most models are being delayed into next year and he doesn’t see anything improving soon. Hope you all gets yours soon as well, the wait is horrible.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2022, 01:49 PM   #144
Mcr2Series
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2 Series Gran Coupe

I’m still on track for the 2nd week in May. Approx week 20.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 07:30 AM   #145
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcr2Series View Post
I’m still on track for the 2nd week in May. Approx week 20.
You must be so lucky to get it delivered within 5 months of ordering…….I'm about 2 months in without any form of build date update yet 😫
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 09:28 AM   #146
f44slegers
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: bmw f44

Quote:
Originally Posted by moominter View Post
Our M235i snapper rocks with pretty much all options other than sunfroof that was ordered last year is apparently still going to be built but it's delayed until at least January next year , it was due this March , our PCP is ending on our Merc the end of this coming September , we have the chance of a pre spec 220i 2 door M sport pro with comfort pack and leather seats in Brooklyn grey metallic , I have put a deposit on this car also waiting to drive a demo next week and decide if we should wait for the M235i GC or have the new 220i coupe this June .
Anyone driven a 220i coupe ?
If i had the chance trading in my gc for the new 2. 200% om doing it.
Not that the gc is a bad car. I bought it for the 5 Doors since I have children and thought thatthe back would have more room. But the backseat in the gc is very limited.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #147
BMWBudgie
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Can anyone tell me how long they had to wait from date of order, until they got contacted with an allocated build date?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2022, 12:16 PM   #148
rat1977
Private
Rep
Drives: 2series M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rat1977 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg80 View Post
Hey I been following this thread for a while. Thought I'd throw my 2 pence in. Ordered my 2 series in June 21'. Still waiting. My anticipated delivery date has been changed 9 times... seriously. I'm down for June 22'. Now, but for real I'm not even sure if that is realistic at the moment. I'm just not sure how they prioritise builds - frustrating as f#
I agree Natedogg80, it's so frustrating to get no decent updates and for them to keep moving dates on you. I had 7 different dates before getting my current date but there is never any guarantees if that will be held to. Which dealer you gone through? I'm guessing each dealer has so many build slots and what they priortise in the dealer
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedogg80 View Post
Hey I been following this thread for a while. Thought I'd throw my 2 pence in. Ordered my 2 series in June 21'. Still waiting. My anticipated delivery date has been changed 9 times... seriously. I'm down for June 22'. Now, but for real I'm not even sure if that is realistic at the moment. I'm just not sure how they prioritise builds - frustrating as f#
I agree Natedogg80, it's so frustrating to get no decent updates and for them to keep moving dates on you. I had 7 different dates before getting my current date but there is never any guarantees if that will be held to. Which dealer you gone through? I'm guessing each dealer has so many build slots and what they priortise in the dealer
Natedogg80 have you had any update to your order or still set for June 22??
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 01:40 PM   #149
Mcr2Series
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
You must be so lucky to get it delivered within 5 months of ordering…….I'm about 2 months in without any form of build date update yet 😫
Well, let’s just wait and see. I’m not pinning my hopes on this date as it’s always followed by the dealer saying “but that could change”.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 01:48 PM   #150
Mcr2Series
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

How’s life with the GC rat1977 Any more pics?
It’s been great weather to have a new car. I’m only asking as I’m jealous.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 02:50 PM   #151
rat1977
Private
Rep
Drives: 2series M235i

Quote:
Quote:

How’s life with the GC rat1977 Any more pics?
It’s been great weather to have a new car. I’m only asking as I’m jealous.
Quote:
Quote:

How's life with the GC rat1977 Any more pics?
It's been great weather to have a new car. I'm only asking as I'm jealous.
I after to be honest Mcr2Series it's been great and love driving it, I will have some more pictures on Friday as the correct 552 alloys will be delivered and added to hopefully look fantastic with them
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 01:50 AM   #152
Natedogg80
Rep
Drives: 2 series

Quote:
Still set to be built may the 9th, week 19 I think. But until it's confirmed that's it is being built I'm sceptical. I spoke to the dealership (partridge) - they said any delays are down to the factory in Germany and they have no control over it. It will be a year in june 😡, but hey let's hope. Good luck guys!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 03:26 AM   #153
Danny81bby
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Ordered my m235i gc in September last year, never got given a build date and been told September this year now, to say I'm annoyed is an understatement, get the feeling I ain't going to see it this year either 😔.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 10:51 AM   #154
Ramsay87
Rep
Drives: 2 series grand coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny81bby View Post
Ordered my m235i gc in September last year, never got given a build date and been told September this year now, to say I'm annoyed is an understatement, get the feeling I ain't going to see it this year either 😔.
I ordered early August and have been told today to expect delivery 1st week in July, current status is scheduled meaning I have a build date I believe. I've been using twitter to DM bmw directly and I must saying they have been excellent ar responding. I'm like you and not hopefull of ever getting this car!
Appreciate 0