BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 1 Series Forum Second Generation (F40) BMW 1 Series (F40) General Discussion

05-12-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
connerry330i
Private
Rep
Drives: 23' 330i XDrive

Anyone with DTE tuning experience

Ladies and Gentlemen (and anyone in between/outside the spectrum) of the 1 Series scene;

Anyone here have any former/current experience with DTE Tuning? I've recently acquired a US BMW X2 M35i, and after 1880 miles, including a relocation road trip from California to Texas, it's time for a lil' more oomph. Thinking about their PowerControl X and PedalBox combo, but haven't found much online review-wise, so I thought I'd ask.

I generally lack experience with any similar product (i.e. JB4, Racechip), as in my previous BMW's/VW's I've used strictly direct ECU programming from DINAN and APR, respectively. At this time, no information is forthcoming about programming for the 35i B48, so it looks like the plug-and-play thing will be the option for the foreseeable future.

Thanks in advance for any advice/insight/recommendations anyone is inclined to share. Hope you all are safe and healthy.

Last edited by connerry330i; 05-12-2020 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 1
MrFoxy372.50
      05-13-2020, 08:24 AM   #2
knali8
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by connerry340i View Post
Ladies and Gentlemen (and anyone in between/outside the spectrum) of the 1 Series scene;

Anyone here have any former/current experience with DTE Tuning? I've recently acquired a US BMW X2 M35i, and after 1880 miles, including a relocation road trip from California to Texas, it's time for a lil' more oomph. Thinking about their PowerControl X and PedalBox combo, but haven't found much online review-wise, so I thought I'd ask.

I generally lack experience with any similar product (i.e. JB4, Racechip), as in my previous BMW's/VW's I've used strictly direct ECU programming from DINAN and APR, respectively. At this time, no information is forthcoming about programming for the 35i B48, so it looks like the plug-and-play thing will be the option for the foreseeable future.

Thanks in advance for any advice/insight/recommendations anyone is inclined to share. Hope you all are safe and healthy.
Congrats on your X2 M35i.. I only have experience with racechip who have been great so far for the 2years I have been with them. They gave me a free tune up when I changed cars from my f30 to my m135i. Since we have the same engine I assume the tune will be the same at 337hp and 500nm.
Appreciate 1
MrFoxy372.50