BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

08-05-2022, 02:25 AM   #1
uluwatu06
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 F44 BMW M235i xDrive

[Repair + Respray Of Front Splitter] Query On Mandatory Items Required

Dear friends,

I intend to repair and respray my front splitter due to scuff marks (photo 1) bearing in mind that i am aware of a slight crack (photos 2 & 3) at the trailing edge of it. I have no intention to replace the front splitter actually but will purchase the pressure lip, which is the rubber strip behind the front splitter as mine has already had part of it cut off (photo 4).

However, the authorised dealer (AD) is asking me to replace the front splitter + pressure lip + mount bumper (51118075509) + of course the installation and paint work and all these (photo 5) amount to almost 920 USD. As this is not an insurance claim, i would like to keep the cost low.

My question is:- With this crack, is it really necessary to replace the entire front splitter? Or can i just replace the pressure lip and repair and respray the front splitter? To me, this is merely cosmetic.

I'll save quite a considerable amount if i just purchase the pressure lip. Please advise.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 01:40 PM   #2
uluwatu06
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 F44 BMW M235i xDrive

Did the front splitter repair + respray at an outside garage. Cost me the equivalent of $69 USD and a full day in the garage.

Happy with the result!

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 06:58 PM   #3
BMW_5733
Banned
Rep
Drives: M8

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by uluwatu06 View Post
Did the front splitter repair + respray at an outside garage. Cost me the equivalent of $69 USD and a full day in the garage.

Happy with the result!

Oh
Appreciate 0