BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe Forum (F44) BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe (F44) General Discussion

08-02-2022, 04:05 PM   #1
TheWelsho
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe [22]

F44 Grill Removal

Hi Folks

I have purchased a gloss-black grill for my 2 Series Gran Coupe 22 plate (F44). Can anyone offer any advice on removing the original grill? I have checked YouTube and watched many videos of other models but none of them are at all helpful. I have removed the weather seal, the six torque screws but I can only see the top 4 clips of the entire grill. No matter how much I push on these, they don't seem to want to release either!

Cheers JW
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 07:16 AM   #2
tamagohk
Rep
Drives: F44

The safest way is to remove the whole pumper then the grill.
It is not easy as old models to push out from engine bay.

Otherwise when you received your new grill, compare the mounting points and use some tools to pill the clips.
But be warned it is very easy to stretch your bumper; I can tell coz I’ve scratched mine being lazy of not removing the whole bumper.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 04:25 PM   #3
TheWelsho
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe [22]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamagohk View Post

Otherwise when you received your new grill, compare the mounting points and use some tools to pill the clips.
But be warned it is very easy to stretch your bumper; I can tell coz I’ve scratched mine being lazy of not removing the whole bumper.
Thanks for the reply, buddy. I ended up taking it to a garage and having it fitted by someone who knows what they are doing lol
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 07:09 PM   #4
BMW_5733
Banned
Rep
Drives: M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWelsho View Post
Quote:

Thanks for the reply, buddy. I ended up taking it to a garage and having it fitted by someone who knows what they are doing lol
Quote:
Quote:

But be warned it is very easy to stretch your bumper; I can tell coz I've scratched mine being lazy of not removing the whole bumper.
Lol
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 11:44 AM   #5
Daddypatric01
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Hi Folks

I have purchased a gloss-black grill for my 2 Series Gran Coupe 22 plate (F44). Can anyone offer any advice on removing the original grill? I have checked YouTube and watched many videos of other models but none of them are at all helpful. I have removed the weather seal, the six torque screws but I can only see the top 4 clips of the entire grill. No matter how much I push on these, they don't seem to want to release either!

Cheers JW
Quote:
Hi Folks

Cheers JW
I'll also like to get more information
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 06:43 AM   #6
f44slegers
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: bmw f44

Check my topic...

I did it myself and it's not hard.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 01:40 AM   #7
avocalex
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Hi Folks

Cheers JW
I listed some details on the thread from "Trim on grill removal" from my experience with removing these front bumper pieces so you should check it out. Feel free to reach out for questions.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 11:18 AM   #8
BMW368559
Banned
Rep
Drives: M8

Quote:
Hi Folks

Cheers JW
Quote:
Hi Folks

Cheers JW
That's good bruh
Appreciate 0